hyperthyriod

Posted , 4 users are following.

I m suffering from hyperthyriodism since a month. i m using neo-marcazole that has eliminated my complications at all but now my Blood urea has approached to 44 and cretinine in normal range. what should i do? pls help

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Where do you live?  In Canada and the United States they use Methimazole and in the UK they use Carbimazole.  I think they are essentially all the same meds but I am not too familiar with Neo-mercazole.  It is a good sign that your Creatinine is in the normal range but I do not know the normal range for your lab for BUN.  The norms for each test differ with different labs so when you post questions about labs to this Board, always post the normal ranges for your lab beside your results so we can better advise.  What i found for myself and other patients on this Board have also found is that when you are running hyperthyroid, you lose a lot of vitamins, minerals and amino acids from your body and replacing these with supplements helps you recover and feel better quicker and also helps with eliminating muscle pain.  The supplemlents I took were Regular l-Carnitine, vitamin D3 (very important), Magnesium and Omega 3.  Please keep us posted on your progress.
    • Posted

live in Pakistan. my Blood urea is 44 whereas normal range is 40. however my Cretinine are in range i.e 1.17 whereas normal range is 1.20. pls guide whta to do next?
  • Posted

If your blood test shows your thyroid hormone levels have improved your doctor should probably reduce your dose of neomarcazole.  (Carbimazole).   Keep hydrated with drinking lots of fresh water to help your kidneys.  Magnesium and potassium are also needed by your kidneys so these in supplement form may help, plus the ones that Linda has suggested.  Try and eat as healthy as you can, including green vegetables and getting exercise also helps  :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.