Hyperthyroidism?

Posted , 4 users are following.

The past few months since October I thought I was surely going to die. I've had everything I went form 134 to 110 doesn't matter how much I eat. I'm dizzy, fatigued, my cycles all jacked up, I can't stand the heat or I'm always hot and flushed. Palps, crazy blood pressure, rapid heart rate, random anxiety and panic attacks. I was 19 when it randomly started one day my doctor said I had severe anxiety that was causing all of this I did the tsh test twice once in October once in November it went from 1.17 to 1.06. So my doctor said it was fine. I felt like I had become so fatigued and flu like that I begged for a full panel it hasn't all come back yet but the tsh is now at 0.48. Im 20 now these last few months have been hell, but my doctor hasn't got back to me yet is this hyperthyroidism? What can I expect to happen? Will this dizziness ever go away? Thank you for any information you have!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi remygirl, What is 134 - 110? I am hyperthyroid with Graves and got dizziness from aneamia?
  • Posted

It sounds like your labs are showing borderline hyperthyroidism.  I would be interested in seeing what your next labs are but you need more than a TSH measurement, you need at least TSH, Free T3 and Free T4 along with antibody tests.  The rest of your symptoms sure sound like hyperthyroidism.  They could also be an adrenal problem because the symptoms of this are similar to the symptoms of hyperthyroidism.
  • Posted

Hello Remy, I know the hellish feelings you talk about... 

Did you ever have FT3 and FT4 measured? TSH alone I understand is not sufficient for a diagnosis of thirod issues.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.