Hyperthyroidism

Posted , 3 users are following.

so in 2013 i was diagnosed as having a thyroid storm. i was in tapazole for about 6 months. recently after a doctor telling me im out of shape and its my blood pressure i found out i have hyperthyroidism again. i dont know if its that i am older now but this thing is kicking my ass. everyday after i wake up i feel like im going to die for 3 hours ive been on 30 mg methimazole daily and it doesnt seem to be working or im taking too much and om just frustrated. has anyone else had episodes like this?

my tsh wasnt measurable

and my t4 3.15

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

For me it took 2 years to get the correct dose of levaxin and taking thacapzole/ tiamazole, so I have the block and replace where the levaxin is the hormones while tiamazole block the thyroid. I have grave's disease.

It went up and down but for me handling the medicines was easier. Because before I had the medicines, a walk for 5 mins made me start to see black dots and extremly shaky.

But while I didn't have the correct dose it went up and down pendling between hyper- and hypothyroid for me. Not the best experience but talk with your doctor, they might need to regulate the medicines. They should be doing a regular blood check up at the beginning.

Myself had to check my hormones level every month until I got the correct dose. Now I'm down to only need to check my hormone levels every 3 months.

Even though I'm towards the younger side I felt totally knock out because of the thyroid. So I can perfectly understand how you feel.

The value of T4 seem to be low, did they meassure T3 also? Also what measurment did they use for your results of t4, just asking because in my country we use pmol which makes the range should be between 9-22 pmol while if it's micrograms/dL it should be 5 to 12.

Tiamazole (active substance) might have caused you to get hypothyroid which cause side effects, it happens when you have too low thyroid hormones 😃

Myself when I got hypothyroid felt extremly lethargic, went up in weight and would always freeze.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.