I am due to have both ovaries and dermiod cyst removed

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am a larger lady with diabetes and have to keep sugars down as hospital called to say op maybe cancelled due to sugar levels!!! Diabetic team say I'm fine my sugars are a good range for me! Anyone else had this happen. Jo x

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jo 

im not sure why this would affect the op? Just wondered if you're having the dermoid removed due to pain? I have a 3cm one, no change in a year & no symptoms so consultant has advised monitoring?  Hope you don't mind telling me about yours!!!

lou

• Posted

Hi there mine has caused pain been in hospital four times due to pain!! 
  • Posted

Amy what do u mean
  • Posted

Last april I had my left ovary removed with what they thought was a dermoid cyst turned out to be a rare cancer .. I've just had my right ovary removed and doing well hope your op goes ok
  • Posted

Oh Amy that's not good how did they make that mistake? Did they clear u of it! I'm told mine has a tooth makes me feel sick!!! Dis they take just the one?  How many nights were u in?
    • Posted

Been fobbed of along time was in one night but then got 2 severe infections so in another week was hell I have a Facebook page wombles small cell ovarian cancer fight and awareness I'm doing well but had more cysts on other ovary so it's just come out and all okI'm 37

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.