I don't know how I should feel or progress

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

after being rushed into hospital with severe pain, I have had my left ovary and tube removed. I had a cyst which was really messy and also interfered with my bowel. At the point of going to theatre I had terrible sickness, pain and infection. At this point they wasn't sure exactly what they would find. I don't know all details exactly as I was on so much pain relief wasn't quite with it. I have a large vertical cut and keyhole cuts. These seem to be healing well.

So 10 days after being in hospital, I'm at my dads being looking after. I've being here a week. I don't know how quickly I should progress. I've walked round the house so far, in the garden yesterday. If being sitting downstairs in the afternoons. When I've done a full day, I have a lot of pain at night. When I go to the loo, my stomach still hurst. It just feels uncomfortable and tender low down. I worry because my antibiotics have finished, in case the infection comes back. Also if I get another cyst. The whole experience has being awful.

i don't want to over do things, though am aware I need to be on the move. How much is expected about 2 weeks after op. 1st week iafer op I was poorly, 2nd week I'm at home. I am tearful at times.

its such a shock and I am unprepared as I had no idea I had this.

any advice and tips will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jules

My daughter is post surgery 14 days today, she had laparoscopic key hole surgery if 3 incisions to remove a 15cm simple cyst off the left ovary. Fortunately there was no infection or torsion (twist) which kept things uncomplicated. She started going for the occasional walk a few days ago, this was however over doing it, so she has reduced this to short walks on the flat. She has occasional pain under her ribs, however symptoms are reducing and getting better. If they did key hole on you they most likely used gas to bloat your abdomen, this does cause discomfort afterwards too.

It is abdominal surgery and everyone does take differing times to recover. Be kind to yourself and listen to your body, rest when needed and do what you feel when you feel it's right. If you have any concerns go back to your Dr and get checked out, it never hurts. Best wishes

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I do need to listen to my body. its just the Unknown. They seem to discharge you and leave you to it with no advice.  I've felt better in myself the last couple of days, but stomached so tender. I guess that's to be expected. Pleased to hear your daughter is progressing nicely. Best wishes to you both.
    • Posted

Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better, I'm sure it will all be ok, just need time, take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.