I don’t want a lifetime of repeating severe pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

Since I was 16,I kept getting told by doctors that it was just bad constipation,fast forward,Im 21 and they found a 10cm benign ovarian cyst.

The reason there was pain is because it was twisting my right ovary.

I get it I'm 21,I'll change my mind.

It's my body,I don't care about pregnancy,I just don't want severe pain.

My options to find a long term solution for a recurrent problem has absolutely nothing to do with pregnancy especially if I don't care about it or don't want it.

There is no way I want children.

I don't want to ever be pregnant.

I do not want to take birth control,seen how many side effects especially blood clots,absolutely not.

I've been reading about surgeries,everything you name it.

I'm afraid of being dismissed because of my age and not wanting to be pregnant later on in life,and "don't you want to be pregnant later on in life?" I literally just don't want to suffer anymore!!!!!!!

I just want to stop the ovulation altogether because that's whats causing the whole thing!

Can anyone please for the love of god if you have/had experience especially at my age?

I've cried myself to sleep every single night ever since I found out I had this.

I dont want to die from a ruptured cyst either and especially if it happens again in the future and nothing would stop it.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I'm 23 yrs old and dealing with some serious ovarian cyst pain. I went to the ER thinking my appendix was exploding or something and after waiting in there for 15 hours, they told me it was an ovarian cyst and to take ibuprofen. I'm worried that when I see a gynecologist about this I won't be taken seriously because every woman I've talked to who has had an ovarian cyst had a hard time getting good treatment. The doctor in the ER was dismissive and said the cyst was small, but I can't do any of my regular daily activities/live life normally because of this pain.

With how long you've had that cyst and how much it's hurting your quality of life, they should remove it. Advocate for yourself and just keep jumping doctors if you can until you find one that will remove it. I heard the recovery from surgery is rough but I think it's worth it and if I'm in pain for a few more months I'm absolutely going to beg them to take it out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.