I get the inner thigh cramps too

Posted , 8 users are following.

Was reading all the comments about the inner thigh cramps.  They are so excruciating, I too want to pass out.  I am 61 and divorced/single.  Sleep with my dog.  When I get them, I scream and cry and cannot control my emotions.  I sleep with my heating pad near by and that seems to help, but by the time I wake up, get heating pad turned on, the inner thigh spasm.cramp is in full swing.  I feel so alone but realize i am not having read others have this too.  I've gone through child birth and that is a cake walk compared to the inner thigh cramping!

Good luck to us all!

Suzie

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Do you get pain in your adductors all the time or is it just these cramps?

Do you stand up a lot during the day?

How long has it been going on for?

Have you seen anyone previously about this?

• Posted

Are you taking any medications?

Do you know how to relieve the cramps when they happen?

• Posted

I've been on Atenelol and Lorsarten for high blood pressure for 30 years. So I doubt that has an affect.  Relieving the cramps?  I scream bloody murder and pray to pass out.  I do apply a heating pad, take deep breaths and cry it out, usually 20 minutes or so.  sigh!

• Posted

Not sure what adductors are?  No I am retired and don't stand all day.  Haven't seen anyone for it yet.  This is a problem that comes and goes.  I've read other forums and it seems like a common problem.

• Posted

Are you taking a statin - they can cause this.

You need to stretch the muscles when it happens - its agony but it gets rid of it. You need to abduct your leg - like your doing the splits.

• Posted

Nope not taking a statin at all.  Oh gosh I can barely stand up let alone stretch.  I cant do the splits at all but will try to stretch that area.  Have you had this problem too, inside of the thigh.  It's crazy!

• Posted

I havn't had cramps in my thighs. But calf cramps I've had before.

If you stretch the muscle out - it hurts like hell at first - but then it goes away.

• Posted

Oh yeah have had calf cramps too, they come and go.  But the pain that goes with the inner thigh, is unlike any pain I have ever had.  Child birth was a cake walk compared to the pain of these cramps/spasms.  And having my son was a very hard birth too.  I'm just kind of guessing how to do the stretches here, but that muscle that runs from groin on down, I'm stretching that now every now and then.  But when the spasms start, I just hope I have the sense and ability to do so.  Anyone that has had these will know, you are barely in your right mind.

• Posted

I hope I have or am in the right mind to do it, can hardly get out of bed.  Is it ok to do the stretches on and off thoughout the day/evening too?  Thanks for your help!
    • Posted

I had another inner thigh cramp last night. I had one (first time) about a month ago. Unbelievable pain. I lay on my stomach and completely relax....hard to do, but it helps. I bought some Magnesium 250 mg and take one in the morning and one at night. I spray my leg with Theraworx before I go to bed and keep the heating pad by my bed. Those recommendations were made to me from another forum. My friend told me about an over-the-counter tablet called "Leg Cramps". When I got the cramp last night, my hubby went and got them w/water. Hard to take when you are in such pain, but I did. Who knows if any of this helped, but the cramp did not last as long as the previous one. I feel that lying on my stomach and completely relaxing the leg was a big contributor for the cramp not lasting as long.  

• Posted

Theraworx has literally saved my life.  I know what you are going through.  I am sorry.  I no longer have to fear going to bed as long as I have the Theraworx on.  Does it help you at all?  At this point, I can say now it has helped me 100%
  • Posted

I was in a truck accident 3 months later I filled and broke 3 ribs I told the doctors I was allergic to blood thinners so he told me he was giving me a pain shot I was in the hospital for like 5 days they end up getting me blood thinner anyway so I've been out of Hospital 4/8 days for the last five days I have been having cramps in my thighs my inner thighs and it in a part of my knees is so excruciating I have to stand up and beat my back and it goes to my feet. My feet are getting cramps what should I do I can't stand the pain it is worse than having a child I've never been to anything like this before I want to scream holler whatever I live alone doesn't been dead for 12 years and I have no idea what to do

• Posted

I was in the hospital cuz I got hit by you a truck hit my car three months later I fell and broke 3 ribs that look see I told the doctors are allergic to blood thinners they gave me a shot send it was a different type of blood thinner not my veins are blue I'm having inner thigh cramps to my feet all I could do is jump and scream and holler. The pain is in both my. Inner thighs. I don't know what to do can someone please give me some insight on this problem thank you

• Posted

I have inner thighs cramp which have caused me to faint several times.  I have not found anything to prevent it but have found something that fixes it within5 minutes.  Not sure where you live - I am in Australia - but I get a spray called Magnesium oil from amazingoils.com.au.  It doesn't actually feel like an oil - more like water but believe me it works. You just spray the area and keep rubbing and spraying and within 5 mins the cramp has gone.

• Posted

That's basically what Theraworx in the states is!  Mine is in a foam spray though.  It has a few other things in it besides the magneseum but it has really helped 99%!

Suzie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.