I have been suffering from Urticaria, Hives from 8 and half years.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi there today as usual in the morning I was covered in hives. This has been going on for 8 and half years, after I gave birth to my second child at the age 42, They started and still is no cure, as soon as they starte they are itchy I have to take a pill cetirizine, and then I have to sleep. Oh god now with this covid 19 , still dealing with no solution it is so hard for me.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Edited

Hi

First of all God Bless you i dont know how you are dealing with this daily for over 8 years..At about two years dealing with daily hives my allergist put me on xolair.. I have not had a hive since that was almost three years ago. I think of stopping the shot but each time i try to extend it i get a few hives and i was covered daily and do not want to go back to that.. I do however itch sometimes and have bad allergies but no hives.. have you asked your dr what else you can take?

• Posted

My doc has told me to get xolair , but I heard from other people that sometimes it dosnt work! Thanks for your respond , it is very helpful.

• Edited

I also have to recommend looking into Xolair.

I suffered with hives to the extreme for over 8+ years as well. I'm on my third shot and I it's like a miracle. I'm completely healed.

Talk to your doctor and visit the Xolair site for payment assistance programs. But it's so worth it.

• Edited

Thank you so much for your message.

I was scared to do xolair now I will give it a try.

• Edited

I'm gonna write you a bunch of advice, because of how long you have suffered. You're like me.

I was actually VERY afraid as well. I was afraid that it was going to hurt. I was afraid of side effects. I read somewhere about 'hair loss' and had a fit because I love my hair. It also just seemed like such scary, heavy duty medicine.

But after 8 years... Just like you, I was really at the end of my rope. My hives were daily and were HUGE and painful, sometimes just so itchy and red and awful that I couldn't function or even walk sometimes if the swelling to in certain spots. It was insanity.

So I finally took Xolair. You'll have to make an appointment with an allergist to get it. And it's a bit of a pain the first month, getting everything set up. Even if you don't have any insurance at all, Xolair's website has a great program for you. Contact them and go through the steps. Talk to the nurses at the Allergist you pick. They worked with my insurance + Xolair Program and I pay about 40 bucks per shot. You THEORETICALLY only have to be on it for a year or two.

If you can, ask for the "pre mixed" shots. There are two types. One is pre-mixed in the factory. The other is the powder that the nurses will have to mix in-house. Ask for the pre-mixed if you can.

I cannot even tell you how silly I feel now. The shots are completely painless save for a tiny little pinch. It doesn't even hurt as bad as blood testing. I go in once a month. The first few months, they will observe you for a few hours before releasing you. That's just in case you have an allergic reaction. And that can be solved fast with an eppy pen. So don't be afraid. It's very rare.

I literally have no side effects and feel fine. I was a bit achey the first two shots, but I'm on shot three and I'm CURED. I could cry I'm so happy.

I wish you luck. ❤️

• Edited

I should mention too.. for those 8 years? I think I have tried absolutely every medication and treatment under the sun. I've tried every diet you can think of, every series of combination of antihistamines. So. Xolair is for when you're really, really out of options and truly suffering.

I really hope you get better!

• Edited

sorry , I didnt delete nothing Steve, I really apriciate what you said to me maybe somthing happened . Thank you so much

• Posted

moderator, why was my reply deleted?

what is wrong with you, I have cured Hives and yet everytime I try to post about it, my replies disappear. Tell me here in front of everyone why?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.