I have had the very worst couple of days BOOHOO

Posted , 4 users are following.

cry the worst of it being I have to work, yesterday whilst on a mega long shift I had hot flushes all day, aching joints everywhere and total exhaustion. I just wanted to go to sleep (but couldn't of course) sad this menopause is killing me

My concentration was terrible too, by the end of the shift I was so irritable

I got home last night shattered rolleyes

I can't go on like this (having the obligation of work), I like my job but find it difficult being so ill, yes this thing is an illness that no one takes seriously ......................................... 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello MrsMerm,

I feel the same way. I haven't had hot flushes yet but all my woes point to Peri. I am only 38 and everyone keeps saying I'm too young. But after a few bouts with these crazy symptoms, my aunt told me to research peri and low and behold, it was literally describing me. Since then I feel terrible on and off. I haven't been good at work with the anxiety so I either leave early or just don't go. I need to work but it's too much. I am currently on day 3 of not being at work this week. I just feel like I can't be bothered right now. I wish I had some suggestions for you as I am going through the same thing. Just know you are not alone and this will be done one day.

• Posted

Hi jamie

you are young to be on it, but i know of younger than you, i went to my dr when i was 47, and she actually said to me, you cant be on the menopause because your not 51, like its the written law that it only happens on a womans 51st birthday, maybe  because a big proffessor said so...............ha

Peri is the worst time, increase in pmt symptoms, black depression, severe fatigue, weeing buckets, great thirsts, fainting feelings, cramps muscle and joint aches and pains etc, and then  period changes.

Ive been post now for one year, and my symptoms have deffinately got better, i can live with it better, i feel more balanced with my symptoms,  ive listened to my body and kept things as balanced as i can to help myself, it does work, pace yourself, dont over exert as this will make fatigue and anxiety worse, if you over exert you risk producing more adrenalin making symptoms worse, also drink plenty of water to  avoid dehydration, your temp will alter so, you will always be at risk of dehydration,  dont over do the water, or you will mess your electrolytes up, little and often is best,  and eat little and often to avoid low and high sugar rushes, keeping sugars balanced will help during menopause as this is another area it affects, stick to high protein, un refined carb meals, avoiding sugar as much as you can.   You should only have your symptoms when periods are due, you should feel better when on, and then down again until hormones re adjust after finishing your period, but you will not have has much energy as you use too, so you have to be careful of that, so do gentle exercise, if poss. difficult for anyone who is working full time.

When your post, you do still have some symptoms for up to 5 years after your period stops, which is after having no period for 1 year,  some unlucky ladies can have symptoms, for the remainder of their lives, however, because symptoms decline when post, its more high temps, but they are easier to cope with, and if you listen to your body, it gets easier if, you follow lifestyle changes to keep things balanced, as this will help you feel better, so good luck with it.

• Posted

Thanks Elaine,

I will certainly take your suggestions and put them to good use. Right now it is certainly a balancing act. These things just started happening to me around 4 months ago. I've been feeling a lot better than I was. I was a basket case at one point. Now that I know more of what's going on with my body I can manage a little better. I still get the anxiety but it's not as bad as it was. I seem to only have symptoms when I'm ovulating and getting close to the time for my menses to start. Once it's on, I feel much better. I am paying more attention to how I feel. It has been hard to work but the more I learn how to manage, the better I feel.

• Posted

Debilitating, that's what my symptoms turned into. Incredibly dibilitating. I would read post about all the "things" to do to try to cope with it but didn't even have the energy to pursue any of them. Eat right? Didn't want to eat at ALL! Exercise? Really? I barely had enough energy to breathe. Went to my OBGYN for my yearly and thought, "finally, I'll get some relief. They'll know what to do." I described to them how I was feeling, my hopes gushing even as I spoke. Can still recall the look on their face and the incredible disbelief I felt when the doctor said, "what do you want us to do?" And I shrugged and said, "I don't know. Hormones?" They immediately put me on prempro without doing ONE test on my hormone levels instead of telling me, "oh silly woman. We don't know anything about hormones." After nearly a year and a half of playing their game I saw a friend in the story who no worked for an ObGyn who--wait for it--actually DID understand EVERYTHING about hormones. Even when the other ObGyn claimed to have checked my hormone levels, they only checked Estrogen and Progesterone as if Testosterone wasn't an issue at all. Mine was less that 20? OMG! Once those levels returned to normal with BIOIDENTICAL hormone pellets, mainly testosterone, LIFE RETURNED TO NORMAL.Have your hormone levels checked and make sure you go to someone who knows what you mean when you ask. What a circus! Did you know that women have 10% testosterone than they do estrogen? I am now off Celexis, which worked for about a week and Wellbutrin which didn't seem to do anything and Xanex which I only took sparingly and the sleeping pills designed to help you sleep because the other meds were designed to keep you up? I know if I heard, "just hang in there," ONE MORE TIME that I was going to lose it. Anyway that's my experience. Hope you get some relief soon.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.