I'm 15 and I have Fibromyalgia

Posted , 14 users are following.

After months and months, my doctor confirmed that i had fibromyalgia. Im only 15, and some days i can even tie my shoes without piercing pain. The cold lately has been absolutely terrible. Im afraid. 

1 like, 41 replies

41 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I am sorry that just happened with the reply, had to shutdown my computer! I can't imagine having it from the age of 15.Did you have a accident or surgery? I pretty much have the pain under control but I still have pain in between and I hate when I get the deep muscular pain in my arms, shoulders etc.. The doctors think it's something else now after 4 plus years. Loosing my trust in dr's.
    • Posted

I've had four surgeries in my eyes, the last one failed leaving me partially color blind. The pain is especially bad when it is deep in my shoulders.
  • Posted

Hello you,

Bless you, what a horrible thing to happen at your age! I can't really offer you anything positive, just my experience and I am 58years old! Find something that helps you sleep - very important. Hopefully it will help with the pain as well. I take Amitriptylene. More importantly - pace yourself. Don't beat yourself up if you can't achieve what you would expect to - things have changed - small steps! Good luck and take care, Anne

• Posted

Thank you Anne, i think that the worst part is that I'm afraid that i wont be able to do the things that i used to. And I'll be sure to take your advice. I'll try not to beat myself up. 

-Sadie

• Posted

Anne how long have you had Fibro and what are your symptoms.  They think I have something different now. Going for new MRI tonight. So frustrating. I try for SSDI today! What do you think I have had all tender points that a Fibro patient has! Thanks 
    • Posted

Hello Lucy,

I think the Fibro started about 2 years ago, tho only recently diagnosed. Had weird symptoms such as altered sensations in my leg, bowel and bladder problems, restless legs, extreme tiredness. Had loeads of tests to eliminate everything. Started getting pains in my back, neck, shoulders hands and feet, and random other pain that moved around. Early morning stiffness. I think if you have the tender points it must be Fibro, but you could have other things as well. Good they are doing the tests, and I wish you luck.

Take care,Anne

• Posted

Just make sure you keep track of records and take one day at a time and don't be afraid because that doesn't help anxiety. I will pray for you, I hope that is okay.
  • Posted

Awww sweetheart I feel for you im 49 and it's taken over my life bless uou xxx💖💖💖
  • Posted

Hi all be warned I took co-codomal 35mg tablets yesterday ended up collapsing and having a fit ended up in Hospitail so be carefull when taking painkillers xx
    • Posted

Is that a drug out of the USA, I have never heard of it and I was a pharmacy tecnician for 42 years here in the states. Sounds very, very strong. I know I am very sensative to drugs so I have to very careful. I hope you are feeling better!!
  • Posted

Hi 

I'm sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia at 15, I'm sorry you are afraid. It took me nearly 20 years before I got mine and I learnt it is only a name, how you feel is still the same, but now you can tell people and get more care. Because my diagnosis took so long I learnt how to deal with it in different ways, I hope this helps: there's a good saying I've got fibromyalgia but it hasn't got me, have this in your mind, I have cried with the pain or exhaustion, or mind fog but I only allow myself a little time and then say that's it now, lets  sort myself out! Learn to pace yourself, if you are doing something in the week, have a quiet weekend, tell your school so they can support you, keep warm; gloves, thermals and heat pads are wonderful, laugh as mush as you can, the endorphins will help. 

• Posted

Sorry hadn't finished. I'm a full time teacher and a mum, I just have to pace myself and be careful. I knew a girl who was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, she went to university and is now working. Everyone is different, just try and keep positive and try not to worry, the stress will not help. Most of all be kind to yourself. Sending you a big gentle hug.
    • Posted

Thank you. Il keep all of that in mind. Gloves and mittens sound like a great idea. Ive joined this group maily for the support and help, so thank you for the support and help.

• Posted

Anytime, just be kind to yourself. Life hasn't finished for you its just made the jourey more interesting! If you have that mentality it helps. I laugh about things and that helps too. Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.