I'm 15 and I have Fibromyalgia

Posted , 14 users are following.

After months and months, my doctor confirmed that i had fibromyalgia. Im only 15, and some days i can even tie my shoes without piercing pain. The cold lately has been absolutely terrible. Im afraid. 

1 like, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Harvest don't be afraid.  I've personally been where you are now, at your age and have gone on to achieve alot.  Looking back I've had Fibro / ME/Cfs since I was at least 14, maybe younger.  I'm now 36.  I've been to Uni, got my degree, have a very loving husband and 2 wonderful children.  I'm self-employed now and have a very enjoyable part-time career as an Architect.  

Looking back the extreme pain and struggling to do stuff was in phases.  For me not in months but in years.  However, everyone is different.  I know I've lived with pain every single day of my life back since I was 14 ish, almost constantly.  You learn to measure levels of pain, so that you don't notice it unless it is at a high level. 

There is a forum for young people with Fibro.  I'd recommend checking that out because others the same age as you can recommend ways that they are coping.  Can't remember the name but I know you can find it on google.

Don't be afraid and I'd recommend not focusing on the long term right now.  The future will come and you will cope with it.  Be a young person and don't think too far ahead.  However don't forget you haven't quite got as much energy as your friends, so try not to keep 'boom and busting' cos it's fustrating when you bustwinkx

• Posted

Thank you Julie. Your advice really helps. You've done so much. And knowing that fibro did not wreck your life makes it easier to believe that it isnt the end of mine. That really makes it it easier to go on with life. Thank you so much.
    • Posted

Bless you sweetheart. You will cope. Take each day at a time and don't look more than a few months forward at a time.  When feeling bad don't look past the end of the week, maybe even that day.  When looking back try to notice the things you are achieving not the things you wish you had done or what you used to do.xxx
    • Posted

I'm trying to do it. Occasionally a thought of what I could do slips into my mind but you have to let go of it.  They do say that younger suffers have a higher chance of almost full recovery.  I know I wasn't one of them but I wasn't diagnosed until I was 34.  Therefore I didn't do any of the resting and pacing they recommend.  I just used to keep on pushing myself until I'd drop to the floor and crawl (still do, I know every single one of my carpets from un up-close slow crawl distance - especially the stairs carpet. We get close at least twice a weeklol) xx Good luck, strieve to be one of the lucky ones. You're in with a good chance because of your agexx 
    • Posted

I am think you meant to send this to the original poster. I'm in the same boat you are. Did the same thing too. Was either full blast or crashed out. No balance at all. 
    • Posted

oops, sorry. When a post gets so long I get a bit muddled (hey, I get muddled over anything - blame it on the ME/CFS
    • Posted

Haha. Now THAT is funny. 

No worries. I did the same thing last week. Lmao.

• Posted

your to young to be drugged up on meds for the rest of your life hun [ by the way did you have the injection for the prevention of cervicle cancer that they give girls now]

theres alot of girls that have had that injection that have conditions like fibromialgia 

lots on you tube about it . 

in america fit girls cheer leaders and athleets have been brought down to being unable to do anything soon after the injection.

• Posted

Now, think of some THING or gift you would do almost anything to get. How creative would you be to get it? Now imagine that THING is a healthy life.

If you have a problem, find a solution. Wear extra clothes, use extra blankets. Stretch a LOT. Decide to be happy no matter what. It IS a decision.

You're young so I would suggest taking warm baths and drinking tea. Black or green tea during the day. Chamomile or some calming tea at night. Sugar makes it worse, by the way. I don't know why, but it does.

When you have a symptom, type in your browser "Natural Way To Treat (insert symptom)". 

You or your parents are welcome to private message me if you have any questions. I am willing to help.

• Posted

Even though this wasnt sent directly to me, it really helped. Thank you.
  • Posted

First, Im so sorry you have to deal with this at such a young age.

Don't be afraid. It will not kill you. And you do have some control over how bad your symptoms get. Fear and stress are our imaginations making up worst case scenarios. Our dreams are imagination too. Think of it like that. How silly would it be to live your life in fear of every dream you have? It's just as silly to fear every thought you have. 

I PROMISE, If you can learn how to manage your stresses and fears your battle is half won. 

• Posted

Thank you too. Good to hear positive advice. :-)
    • Posted

I previously sent this to the wrong person so I'm sending it now directly to youNow, think of some THING or gift you would do almost anything to get. How creative would you be to get it? Now imagine that THING is a healthy life.

If you have a problem, find a solution. Wear extra clothes, use extra blankets. Stretch a LOT. Decide to be happy no matter what. It IS a decision.

You're young so I would suggest taking warm baths and drinking tea. Black or green tea during the day. Chamomile or some calming tea at night. Sugar makes it worse, by the way. I don't know why, but it does.

When you have a symptom, type in your browser "Natural Way To Treat (insert symptom)". 

You or your parents are welcome to private message me if you have any questions. I am willing to help.

• Posted

I previously sent this to the wrong person so I'm sending it now directly to youNow, think of some THING or gift you would do almost anything to get. How creative would you be to get it? Now imagine that THING is a healthy life.

You or your parents are welcome to private message me if you have any questions. I am willing to help. It's the mail icon just to the top right of each post.

• Posted

You or your parents are welcome to private message me if you have any questions. I am willing to help. It's the mail icon just to the top right of each post.

• Posted

• Posted

Thank you, i guess it will take a little bit to get used to everything and control my symtoms, i cant just expect them to be under control. I see that know. Its just alot to take in. Your advice really helps. Thank you so much

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.