Skip to content
Ad

Fibromyalgia Syndrome

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Jeanniep Jeanniep

Alexis

Alexis let the doctors do all the tests as something else might be there that can get sorted out , don’t worry if you can’t move to tidy ask family to help , get books on your phone and get games , buy some magazines all these will keep your mind busy here and there 🤗🤗🤗🤗

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

Fibromyalgia Introduction and Resources

This is a discussion where users can post their signs and symptoms, treatments, history etc. There is also a list of useful resources links etc below. If any user has any suggestions about additions to this please send me a Private Message rather than replying here or trying to post links in this thread....

Last reply
  • just want an honest answer

Hi.im 31 and have been suffering with the symptoms of fibro. My go has put me on some medication to help ease the pain. Xim waiting for an rheumy app to get a formal diagnosis.i have a few questions id like to know answers too. 1.what will happen at rheumy appointment?  2.with fibro is it normal...

Last reply
  • CBD Oil

Hi everyone haven't been on here for a while.  Struggling at the moment not sleeping and my body feels bruised all over and stiff.  I keep dropping things because I have so much pain in my hands, arms and neck.  I am curious to know if anyone has used CBD oil for pain and if it has...

Last reply
  • 21 YEARS WITH FIBROMYALGIA -anything new out there for relief ?

I was diagnosed with Fibro years ago. I spent the first year researching, hoping, looking for answers, then just gave up and learned to live with my new condition. No drugs were suggested back then. Have any long term sufferers discovered  new ways of dealing with all this pain ?  Pain has...

Last reply
  • Sore to touch rib cage

My problem is at my left flank side I think the 10th last rib connected to your sternum, when I touch, press or rub the lowest part of the 10th rib (waistline).. it hurts like sharp pins and sore, inch in lenght and size, after a day my right flank develop the same but milder. It doesn't hurt when...

Last reply
  • Radiologists and MRI I need some answers please

I have a fairly general questions, anyone that has any answers please help, having a lot of anxiety.  I had a thoracic spine MRI done two weeks ago.  They found an "incidental findings" of small cyst on the tail of my pancreas.  My doc said he felt it was a benign very common...

Last reply
  • New hypothesis on the origin of FMS and related diseases

Dear FMS-Community I would like to present you a new hypothesis on the origin of FMS which I published under sites.google.com/site/emdhypothesis It explains FMS as a result of a damage to a certain memory system in the brain, the so-called “extinction memory”. This memory system inhibits the activity...

Last reply
  • Does anyone drink alcohol to help with Fibro pain?

I’m not talking about getting drunk but a couple of shots or beers to ease the pain. I’m just looking for anything to ease the pain where I can visit with family.  Pain is absolutely horrible sometimes in my arms,legs, and back. Having muscle spasms also.

Last reply
  • Light headedness

Hi, I have only recently been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, and it is unconfirmed at present.  My Rheumatologist is going by my symptoms alone, after an MRI (for vertigo) & biopsy on my temporal artery were negative for inflammation, and  my previous diagnosis of GCA was dismissed. ...

Last reply
  • arms feeling heavy and dead

Over the past two weeks I've been experiencing terrible arm deadness it feels like I've slept on them even thou I have not. Really freaking me out now anyone got any ideas, I have recently been diagnosed with possible fibromyalgia could this be another symptom. I have also recently started taking...

Last reply
  • Bedridden and frustrated on a beautiful day

so I'm stuck in bed again and feel really guilty like I'm being lazy and so frustrated that there are so many jobs that need doing and I can't even face a shower. Why do I feel the need to punish myself for being useless? Is anyone else like this? I was a really creative and physically very...

Last reply
  • New to forum and struggling

Hi just joined this forum as struggling at the moment with my fibro which I have had for 30 years on and off, one thing I find hard to deal with is lack of support and understanding from family and friends, recently I have been very supportive to some friends and been there when they've needed me...

Last reply
  • Cholesterol meds

During 2006 due to sudden and severely increased intensity in FMS pain and exhaustion from FMS (I assumed coupled with Sleep Apnea) I accepted the necessity of closing my business, hiring weekly help to do my household tasks and allowing my husband to take over cooking as I could no longer stand long...

Last reply
  • Really bad upper arm pain

Hi lately I have been getting really bad pain in my upper arm. It's like it's deep within the muscle but more on my right side than my left. My arm feels like I have weights dangling from it as it feels so heavy. I also get bad dull ache in my armpit. I've just had some more blood tests...

Last reply
  • Having a rough time right now

Hi. I was diagnosed with fibro about 2 years ago. My doctor gave me gabapentin which quickly stopped working. He said there wasn't much difference between gabapentin and lyrica except price. When the gabapentin very quickly stopped working he just wanted to increase the dose. That didn't work...

Last reply
  • help please x

I am currently being treated for fibromyalgia by my gp,they have prescribed tablets to help with the pain. I am a 30 year old single mum and am struggling at the mo.my mobility is bad as get really bad pain in my legs. Am i too young to use a stick and will it hekp with walking at all. Will i have pain...

Last reply
  • Alexis

Alexis let the doctors do all the tests as something else might be there that can get sorted out , don’t worry if you can’t move to tidy ask family to help , get books on your phone and get games , buy some magazines all these will keep your mind busy here and there 🤗🤗🤗🤗

Posted
  • fibro and mobility issues

Hi. Have been suffering from fibro symptoms for a while.i am still waiting to see a rheumy.my gp has prescribed tablets to help with the pain.recently i have been staying in house as been suffering with really bad pains in my legs and feet. I am wondering if i bought a walking stick or the ones you get...

Last reply
  • Merry Christmas Fibromites..

Remember the Best.. There are days when the world is against you. There are moments when nothing goes right— when a heavy cloud seems to surround you and you cannot get through to the light. When you feel that your courage is sagging it’s not easy to work up a smile— There are rough bits of road on...

Last reply
  • Fibromyalgia & Breast pain

Hi There, I was just wondering if anyone else suffers from breast pain/tenderness due to Fibro? I have pain elsewhere as well (thighs, knees, hips) but was really wondering if anyone else has suffered from this? My doctor thinks it is related to my fibro & doesn't think it is anything serious,...

Last reply
  • Tightness on wrists and ankles

Hi everyone need to ask u all does anyone ever get tight sore wrist and ankles. I had this the last couple of nights were it feels like there is elastic bands on them and theyr digging in. 😫 I've the doctor on Monday but I dno to wait till then or not. I need some help please Xx

Last reply
  • Pip form

Hello, I’m in the process of filling in the pip form and been to cab but they didn’t have any  slots available before the date I need to send it back, so I had half hour appointment which was pointless as she didn’t have any time to help me fill it in. Anyway I’m havin bad anxiety trying to fill...

Last reply
  • Fibro tips

Hi all! My name is Jessica and I’m 25. I was diagnosed about a year and a half ago with fibromyalgia and have been struggling more and more as time goes on. I’ve tried just about everything to help my pain. Physical therapy, massage therapy, epidurals, medial branch blocks, nerve ablutions, gabapentin,...

Last reply
  • Best muscle relaxants for fibromyalgia?

Hi, just wondered if anyone could recommend good muscle relaxants for Fibromyalgia? I’m on methocarbamol just now and don’t feel much difference with them. Also taking duloxetine 60mg and co-codamol but in this cold weather I’m struggling with the pain.

Last reply
  • vit d and fibro.

Hi. My gp has said i have fibro, i am on duloxetine capsules 40mg twice a day.as the pain is really bad. Some days i just get out of bed and lay on sofa all day as the fatigue is bad and ive got no energy to do anything. When i went to see my gp yest they are now doing a blood test for vitamin d. Is...

Last reply
  • Anxiety

Hi, was just wondering if anybody has experienced what happened to me. Well I'll try and keep it short. I went for a pip assessment yesterday and I had been very anxious days before, on the day off it I was extremely fatigued as didn't sleep the night before, also anxiety was very high. Got to...

Last reply
  • Fibromyalgia arm pain

Hi I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in February and am finding it hard to pace myself if I don't I get a gnawing pain in both arms where they meet my shoulders and it moves down and they feel weak and heavy for hours after just doing some housework. I still work but only can manage part time. ...

Last reply
  • Fibromyalgia and Multiple Sclerosis . . .

:shock: Help please - I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis about 7 years ago and then last year I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I do not know where one condition or disease starts and find it very hard dealing with it - as something that is good for FM is not good for MS - take this heat - really...

Last reply
  • Have I got fibromyalgia?

I am 24 years old and for around 6 weeks I have been struggling with pain all over my body. It is mainly my lower and mid back which is like a severe ache and is pretty much constant! But then I have sharp pains that come and go all over my body which mainly appear on my hips that shoot down my legs,...

Last reply
  • help me please.

Hi. I am 31 years old and have the symptoms of fibro, my gp has put me on duloxetine 20mg twice a day but due to pain level they have upped it to 60mg daily. Im currently off work due to the symptoms and the constant fatigue. My hair is falling out too. I have been referred to rheumatology but the waiting...

Last reply
  • I have bulging and herniated discs in cervical and lumbar spine

I have about 12 bulging and herniated discs between the cervical spine and lumbar. I also have stenosis and nerve damage throughout as well as schmorls nodes. I also have arthritis. I received my confirmed fibromyalgia diagnosis today. My question is. What kind of effects will fibromyalgia have on what...

Last reply
  • Fibro but doctor doesnt want to 'Label Me'!!

Hi all, I have been suffering for years with pain in the knees and hips, within recent years the pain has become worse and wide spread throughout my body. With the pain I have constant fatigue, weak feeling muscles, sleep issues, tingling in my hands and feet, brain fog, irritability, anxiety, cannot...

Last reply
  • New to Fibromyalgia

Hi Everyone. I have been suffering with bad pains in both upper arms since the spring of this year. It feels like a bad muscle strain. I also have pain in my right elbow joint and just under my shoulder.  My GP thinks it may be Fibromyalgia and I have some blood tests pending.  Research suggests...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.