Skip to content

Fibromyalgia Syndrome

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• kathy14376 2

Fibromyalgia help

Hi. This is the first time I've asked about my Fibromyalgia problems. I was diagnosed about 11 years ago. I never realized how many other problems can be related to fibro. It started with joint pain and fatigue. Every diagnosis I received over the years surprised me to learn was related to

0 replies 0 votes Reply to kathy14376
  • sadie1980 4

KIDNEY PROBLEMS!!!

Hey guys hope you are all well , well as you can be !! . It's 8 weeks since my hysterectomy and after having the catheter in for two weeks and having two infections I'm now on the mend or so I thought !!! I'm a little worried to be honest wens night I woke up feeling really sick and I had fever and

0 replies 0 votes Reply to sadie1980

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Emis Moderator M
    Pinned

Fibromyalgia Introduction and Resources

This is a discussion where users can post their signs and symptoms, treatments, history etc. There is also a list of useful resources links etc below. If any user has any suggestions about additions to this please send me a Private Message rather than replying here or trying to post links in this

11 replies 15 votes Last reply
  • Tomatom 3

Anyone else with fibro get lots of phlegm?

I've been getting lots of phlegm over the past three weeks, I don't know if it's another fibro symptom or something else I should maybe go to the docs to check out. Anyone else with fibro get lots of phlegm? I've also been getting lots of pains between the shoulder blades on the spine, shoulders,

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • aimee1926 2

Fibromyalgia Medication

Can anyone tell me there experience with taking pregabilin? I've been given it by my doctor and I've not yet taken it.. I read the side effects and googled other people's experiences and took major anxiety 🙈. I want to try them to see if they make me feel better but scared of them not agreeing

19 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • mandy23334 3

Not been on in a while

Feeling really low and in pain today new symptoms for me ribs cage an back. Never felt so bad don't help with problems in my family stressing me out. Any advice about my new symptoms

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • kathy14376 2

Fibromyalgia help

Hi. This is the first time I've asked about my Fibromyalgia problems. I was diagnosed about 11 years ago. I never realized how many other problems can be related to fibro. It started with joint pain and fatigue. Every diagnosis I received over the years surprised me to learn was related to

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • scottymar10 2

Elevated CK levels... should I be worried???

So I went to the ER yesterday, bc since Friday I have not been able to stand up for more than 10-15 minutes without getting so tired or light headed that i need to lie down. I have had off and on mild nausea and bad muscle aches in my back, stomach, and chest. The doctor did bloodwork which showed

18 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Pds252 1
  • joel1112 2

Experiencing severe joint/muscle aches for 3 months

Around three months ago I started to notice some dull and sometimes sharp aching in my body mainly in the joints in my fingers and feet and a little less commonly in my elbows and knees and wrist/ankle I thought nothing of it and thought I was just getting sick and it would probably pass after a

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • aimee1926 2

Help!! Don't know if these symptoms are normal?

Hi, I have had fibromyalgia for 3 years the end of this year but only officially diagnosed a year ago.. I'm struggling to come to terms with the fact I have it and can't get other thoughts out my head like are the missing something, could it be something more serious. I wondered if anybody else

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • sadie1980 4

KIDNEY PROBLEMS!!!

Hey guys hope you are all well , well as you can be !! . It's 8 weeks since my hysterectomy and after having the catheter in for two weeks and having two infections I'm now on the mend or so I thought !!! I'm a little worried to be honest wens night I woke up feeling really sick and I had fever and

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • KarateGirl 1

My Mum has been recently diagnosed, Where can we get support?

My Mum has been in constant pain and on a steady physical decline for the last few years, I can't even remember when it started to get bad, but it was before university, and now I am doing my MSc, so that says   She was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia+ Polimyalgia and a bunch of other long

• carlie777 2

Hotspots

Does anyone have hotspots over your body and feel feverish but your temperature is normal? I have begun going through this for weeks

• smc187 3

Help I don't no what to do!!

Hi I really need some advice I've been diagnosed with fibro now 2 years living with it 5years. But I'm in a different type of pain now. I can't stand upright and have stabbing pains in both my legs and lower back. My parents are away ( I live with them) my boyfriends workin and my sister is

• paula42700 2

Fibromyalgia

My doctor thinks i have fibromyalgia i am in constant pain i cant seem to keep my eyes open but i try not to show the pain or tiredness in front of my family as they say its lasyitis and laugh at me i am only 28 but i dont want to go back to my doctors and tell him the tablets dont work incase he

10 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • princessemh89 2

Does anyone else with Fibromyalgia get any of these symptoms??

My GP says he's pretty sure I have fibromyalgia after going back and forth to him with different symptoms for almost a year. I now have an appointment at the hospital in early December with a rheumatologist to discuss the symptoms further, have a full examination and hopefully receive a diagnosis.

147 replies 12 votes Last reply
  • Aurora 1

My Fibromyalgia Symptoms are getting worse

My Fibromyalgia symptoms seem to be getting worse, muscle spasms are widespread and now for about two weeks my feet have been so painful not able to stand or walk much. My GP told me today I have Plantar Fasciitis (Inflammation) of the tissue in the heels of my feet. Has anyone else had this problem,...

28 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • illbunny 2

will the agony ever end??

I have this for many years but the past couple of years I have had this problem. if I lie down with my legs straight and try to move that's it they are locked if i am wearing socks I can lift my legs with by grabbing hold of the if I am not wearing socks I have no strength and the pain is

• lianne 79402 1

Help. !!!

Hi. I am currently having blood tests at the doctors for every thing really. She has mentioned fibromyalgia and the more I read the more I think I have it. I gave birth august 2016 and since then I have had chest/rib pain so bad I couldn't breath called an ambulance on two occasions and both times

• ouch109 3

CAn anyone tell me if I have fibro

Hi All, My GP is inclined to diagnose me with fibromyalgia, but I'm not sure.  I have Widespread Chronic Pain and sleep sidturbance but nothing else.  I am not fatigued, I have no cognitive issues, no tender points My pain is pretty bad, it feels like all of my muscles keep seizing up.  It

• Pam069 3

Fibromyalgia & Breast pain

Hi There, I was just wondering if anyone else suffers from breast pain/tenderness due to Fibro? I have pain elsewhere as well (thighs, knees, hips) but was really wondering if anyone else has suffered from this? My doctor thinks it is related to my fibro & doesn't think it is anything serious,

55 replies 6 votes Last reply
  • Molly4028 2

Wondering is it Fibro??

Hi. I said I would post on here because I've read several posts that I've found helpful and I really need some advice. About 2 years ago I started feeling pains in my body . I put off going to the doctor for ages but had to give in then. Since then, it's been countless blood tests ,xrays and scans

12 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • julia54537 2

Cancer

Hi All not been on hear for long time but thought I would make you aware that having attended my second mammogram a lump was found in my right breast and with return for more screening and biopsy cancer was the result and I underwent surgery this Tuesday shown on previous pilot mammogram as small

8 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Kikirae 3

swollen lymph

Have anyone experienced swollen sore lymph nodes and burning sensation when touched? I just want to know if fibro or something I need to be concerned about.

17 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • david48602 4

Some facts, please

Hey, everyone!  I haven't posted on this site in ages, and this is my first time posting on the Fibro forum, so hello - it's nice to meet you all. Basically, for a while now, I have been suffering from certain things that have me worried, and for the longest time my doctor never really mentioned

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • airyfairy85 2

Positive fibromyalgia stories?

I would really love to hear some positive stories from fibromyalgia patients. I know someone who was out of work with fibromyalgia for a few years and is now back at work full time for the last 10 years.  I worry about being able to work in the long term (currently working fulltime), so I find it

13 replies 4 votes Last reply
  • princessemh89 2

Does anyone else with FM recieve DLA/PIP/ESA??

I have a PIP (Personal Independence Payment) assessment next week. I receive ESA but I was told to apply for PIP which is supposedly replacing DLA and now I have an assessment. Does anyone know what to expect? Has anyone else with Fibromyalgia had a successful PIP/DLA assessment?

75 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • mandy20434 3

Is this really Fibro?

Hi there, I hope someone can help as desperate. I've been deteriorating gradually over the last two and a half years. Many tests and still uncertainty as what's wrong but keep hearing Fibromyalgia from a few Drs. However, I know someone with fibro and not all my symptoms seem to match hers. My

13 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Sez1976 1

Could i have fibromyalgia?

Hi all, just looking for advice i have not been diagnosed with fibro as yet but have had a feeling for a while that i may have this. Can your symptoms come and go with fibro? Its like i have serve attacks that can last for weeks at a time with pain from the head to my toes and fatigue but then i

• jessica93013 4

Wellbutrin for fibro?

Went to the Dr yesterday to talk to them about if I have fibro and she put me on wellbutrin for a mix of the fibro and anxiety. Anybody else been put on this and had luck with it? I'm tired of being in pain and hope it works

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • stephanie1972 3

Fibromyalgia and nausea

Do other fibromyalgia sufferers have continuous ? I'm getting fed up of it as I can't seem to eat or drink anything that will help ease this awful Does anyone have any ?

14 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • ashley090309 2

Cymbalta for Fibro

Hello all, I've had Fibro for 10 years now. Up until this point it has been manageable. My doctor just gave me isn't that an anti-depressant? Thoughts? Does it really work or is he a quack?

• deirdre17922 1
  • Mary1112 1

Information

I heard zija helps with fibromyalgia I have never tried it has anybody tried it if so what kind did you get thanks for the info

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • caroline16860 1

Advice please

This post is about my 14 year old daughter. She is average weight and height for her age and very active. She's on the school netball team and competes for the school in other sports. Last year she started complaining that she was aching pretty much all over. I thought maybe growing pains and just

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • michelle16538 1

Burning sensation in my chest when trying to wean off Gabapentin!

I have been taking Gabapentin for several years. I wanted to get off this drug because of side effects and learning about the long term damage it can cause. I tried going from 300 mg a day to approximately 150 a day and my upper chest started to burn badly. I ended up having a chest X-ray and CT

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
Back to top Next

Forums Terms & Conditions