Skip to content
Ad

Fibromyalgia Syndrome

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Calf muscle

Hi All, A few days ago I was just walking across my living room, when I heard and felt an almighty pop in calf muscle,,ouch it was excruciating pain. Now it's very swollen and bruised right down to my ankle. It happened a few years ago in other leg. Has anybody had any muscle injuries and how did...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

Fibromyalgia Introduction and Resources

This is a discussion where users can post their signs and symptoms, treatments, history etc. There is also a list of useful resources links etc below. If any user has any suggestions about additions to this please send me a Private Message rather than replying here or trying to post links in this thread....

Last reply
  • Tired of this already!!

Hi everyone, I'm new here as just been diagnosed. I'm 35 and if I think about it had strange symptoms for the last 10 years. I can handle (just about!!) the incessant joint pain but it's the hellish migraine that are really getting me down. My spine and neck feel like they've been wrenched...

Last reply
  • Pelvic Issues

Anyone ever have any pelvic issues with their fibro? I recently started having some aches and really light cramping in the pelvic region, a lot like I feel when I'm pregnant but I know I'm not pregnant! I've gone from thinking it was a UTI, to kidney infection, to ovarian cyst, and other...

Last reply
  • Can Anyone Help? Extreme Fatigue?

Hello! Has anyone had extreme exhaustion? Like I'm-so-physically-exhausted-i-can't-walk or function? It mostly happens in my legs and arms at random. It gets to the point that I can no longer move them on and off through the episodes. Any advice would be great! Thanks!

Last reply
  • Thinning hair

Hi ladie are any of you having problems with your hair. Ive noticed mine has gone alot thinner, and Im loosing quite a bit of hair. just wondered if any of you were having the same problem

Last reply
  • Elevated CK levels... should I be worried???

So I went to the ER yesterday, bc since Friday I have not been able to stand up for more than 10-15 minutes without getting so tired or light headed that i need to lie down. I have had off and on mild nausea and bad muscle aches in my back, stomach, and chest. The doctor did bloodwork which showed my...

Last reply
  • Does anyone else with Fibromyalgia get any of these symptoms??

My GP says he's pretty sure I have fibromyalgia after going back and forth to him with different symptoms for almost a year. I now have an appointment at the hospital in early December with a rheumatologist to discuss the symptoms further, have a full examination and hopefully receive a diagnosis....

Last reply
  • What are fibro headaches like?

I don't know what these headaches are I just know they are not migraines as the drs are putting them down as. They are so different to the chronic migraines I've been having for over 10 years, they are not responding to any treatment and my symptoms are completely different it's so frustrating!...

Last reply
  • Fibro

I have been so worn out for the last year and all my body feels like I have been battered or bruised nite sweats are aufull and haven't slept properly for nearly a year I am totally drained  can't talk about it without crying am sore to touch I visited doctor last week after. Change it to...

Last reply
  • Fibromyalgia for 3 years in December!!!

In December 2014, I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, earlier that year I was put on Thyroxine (I was made aware in 2010 that the day would eventually come), now I’ve just been diagnosed with PCOS! I’m completely failing my exams, it feels like my life is falling apart, has anyone got any advice about...

Last reply
  • Muscle fatiguability?

This is my first post here. I am a big guy, 6'4 and muscular, and have been doing fairly well after being diagnosed (after many tests) with FMS 13 years ago. However, over the past three months I have experienced new symptoms which are pretty worrying. My muscles twitch everywhere, eyes, torso, limbs...

Last reply
  • is it fibromyalgia ??

Hi i have been in pain all over my body for month, the pain wakes me up in the morning and keeps me awake at night. I suffer from insomnia too and wake up every morning wondering if u slept at all. The fatigue is interfering with life so much.im struggling with work too. And some days i dont leave the...

Last reply
  • arms feeling heavy and dead

Over the past two weeks I've been experiencing terrible arm deadness it feels like I've slept on them even thou I have not. Really freaking me out now anyone got any ideas, I have recently been diagnosed with possible fibromyalgia could this be another symptom. I have also recently started taking...

Last reply
  • Fibro Hurts

i have been going through intense pain for years. I have had muscle pain, pain in my head, my eyes, restless leg syndrome, sleepless nights, IBS, fibro fog, sharp pain in my shoulders, hip area, swelling. Depression, suicidal and negative thoughts. I am working full time with not much support from the...

Last reply
  • Calf muscle

Hi All, A few days ago I was just walking across my living room, when I heard and felt an almighty pop in calf muscle,,ouch it was excruciating pain. Now it's very swollen and bruised right down to my ankle. It happened a few years ago in other leg. Has anybody had any muscle injuries and how did...

Posted
  • Cymbalta and paralysis

Hello to my fibro friends, you may recall that I have joined discussions relating to cymbalta/duloxetine and side effects but principally that in December I was hospitalised due to a severe adverse reaction followed by several episodes of collapsing with paralysis which has traumatised me. My GP, neurologist...

Last reply
  • flu like

hi does anyone out there with this condition feel every so often they have flu like symptoms i seem to have this feeling where i start to sweat and just feel down just like the flu regards to all keep up the good fight its not easy i know

Last reply
  • Fibromyalgia and abdominal pain - anyone else have this?

Hi all, I wrote in the abdominal forum too. But I'm thinking some fibro buddies might give some insight. I've had extreme exhaustion on and off all my life. Was diagnosed with PCOS, then Hashimotos, then Graves Disease and now most recently told that it was probably none of those things and...

Last reply
  • fibro advice

Hi.i am 31 years old. Have had constant pain all over my body for months,muscles aches and joints hurt.i wake up all stiff abd have pains in my feet.i am always tired and my sleep is very on and off.i am always tired and generally exhausted. My hair has also started to fall out at times.i get pins and...

Last reply
  • Tens machine

Hello I was at the pain management clinic for the first time today and was given a tens machine. I have been using it today and finding it quite soothibg. Has anyone found this beneficial in the long run? Thanks guys xx

Last reply
  • Fibromyalgia

Hello has anyone have fibromyalgia so bad that they had to apply for disability? I’ve had this for years and had to stop working last year with the osteoarthritis working against it really makes me miserable 😖 I’m on highest dose of lyrica and muscle relaxers doesn’t help much. 

Last reply
  • Stabbing/stinging pains constantly in hips

Does anyone else get stabbing and stinging pains in both hips? Sometime they are sharp but other times they are dull and they come and go everyday all day long ? I've also started to get pain in the middle of my back at the top which is a dull ache but sometime comes with intense attacks of pains...

Last reply
  • Pregnant with severe anxiety and possible fibromyalgia

Hello everyone, let me begin by sharing my whole story and some background info. Up until around May of 2016 I had ultimately no health problems. I had just given birth to my first son in January of 2016 and had a quite easy pregnancy. After the pregnancy is when everything started to go downhill.. several...

Last reply
  • Juvenile Fibromyalgia

I have had fibromyalgia for almost 2 years and my 12 year old daughter was recently diagnosed. Not getting a lot of help or understanding from school. It's so frustrating. Anyone have any experience with this? Thank you.

Last reply
  • Short intense pain attacks

I've been living with fibromyalgia for nearly twelve years and at the moment am relatively well, except for sudden pain attacks that start in the middle of my back, spread out through my spine and down my legs, increase in intensity to an incredible level, and then ease again - all in less than an...

Last reply
  • I don't know what's wrong with me, PLEASE HELP.

I'm trying to make sense of this, but it's slowly killing me.  I was living in Thailand and then backpacking in Asia for a couple months.  I was fine until one day I suddenly got sick with some kind of bacterial infection - they said it was strep throat.  Anyways it went away after...

Last reply
  • Does anyone relate my symptoms PLEASE

Around three years ago when all this started I was laid on my sofa trying to have a nap and I noticed I was having lots of involuntary movements which started off with just my leg. This over time has spread to every single part of my body. I then started to get pains in my left hip sharp pains that feel...

Last reply
  • I'm new to a discussion of this disease.

I am not suicidal in the least but I sure am not nearly as afraid of death as I am of living in this pain and discomfort for my next 10 or 20 years.   I'm 68 and have had this for about 10 years.  It is getting worse and at a alarming speed.   I'm on lyrica and used to be cymbalta...

Last reply
  • Really bad upper arm pain

Hi lately I have been getting really bad pain in my upper arm. It's like it's deep within the muscle but more on my right side than my left. My arm feels like I have weights dangling from it as it feels so heavy. I also get bad dull ache in my armpit. I've just had some more blood tests...

Last reply
  • tremors

Hi Everyone, I have been experiencing awful tremors with my Fibro anyone else get this?? L x

Last reply
  • cold weather and leg pain

Hi everyone . I've been away for a bit. I haven't been posting. Well where I'm at the weather is getting cooler, thus it seems like every day my pain is increasing with the cooler weather. Not sure what to do for my legs as that's where the pain wants to be persistent. Driving...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.