Skip to content

Fibromyalgia Syndrome

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

Fibromyalgia Introduction and Resources

This is a discussion where users can post their signs and symptoms, treatments, history etc. There is also a list of useful resources links etc below. If any user has any suggestions about additions to this please send me a Private Message rather than replying here or trying to post links in this thread....

Last reply
  • Really bad upper arm pain

Hi lately I have been getting really bad pain in my upper arm. It's like it's deep within the muscle but more on my right side than my left. My arm feels like I have weights dangling from it as it feels so heavy. I also get bad dull ache in my armpit. I've just had some more blood tests...

Last reply
  • Treatment recommendations?

I’ve discovered that I am very sensitive to medication, I always seem to get the unpleasent side effects... I started on citalopram and Amitriptyline, had to come off the citalopram because I was getting the tremor/shaking feeling in my head constantly which just increased anxiety, Amitriptyline made...

Last reply
  • Pauline50905

Today I feel the fbs is returned with a vengeance. I found this group and realise the burning, itching is common with fbs. Just waiting an app. In London hosp. To get assessed and advice. I won't be going on any drugs, that's for sure. After reading what some of you sufferers say, drugs just...

Last reply
  • Head pressure, hissing sounds and tight head and sinus muscles

Im so frightened. I have been having pressure in my head for nearly two years now. The last two months has been much much worse. It doesnt come and go, its there all the time. I can here grating crunching sounds all over my head and face. I had a brain and sinus scan when all started which showed clear....

Last reply
  • Fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis with sjogrens syndrome

Hi Just wondered if anyone has these combined conditions, l have been diagnosed with RA for several years, sjogrens syndrome for about 4 years and now to add to it all l have fibromyalgia!! Devastated! Suppose its a good thing in some ways as symptoms were very confusing and l had been thinking that...

Last reply
  • Morning symptoms ? How do you cope or help

Hello  I was diagnosed 8 years ago and have recently had some bad flare ups - my morning symptoms are particularly poor - pains everywhere especially headaches which last virtually hours after waking  I tragically lost my daughter aged 21 to cancer in recent past and therefore life has been...

Last reply
  • Methocarbamol

Does anyone have any feedback regarding Methocarbamol as a muscle relaxant. Recently prescribed and would like to hear any reviews/feedback on this medication please. 

Last reply
  • Dehydration. Please can someone help?

Hello everyone. So fed up at the moment. I still don't think I can get my head round the fact I may never feel well again. I'm still trying to find a reason for all the as bizarre symptoms,and maybe there isn't one. I'm really ,really struggling now with dehydration.  Im drinking...

Last reply
  • Bad Day

I am having a bad day. I had an appointment this morning with GI and was diagnosed with IBS, which I wasn't that surprised about as it goes hand-in-hand with Fibro and I've had GI issues for the 2 years that the Fibro has been a problem. What got to me was my weight. The dr was very reassuring...

Last reply
  • Demented!!😞

Hi folks, having a hard 3 days 😞... From my bra strap upwards my back is so painful and when I roll my shoulders back the clicking and crunching in my back is horrible but strangely I get a little relief from pain when I do it. The pain is in my shoulders and is radiating up my neck into my head...

Last reply
  • Anyone else?

Does anyone else suffer regularly with Costochondritis? Apparently it is more common in people with FM. I’ve had it on and off for the past year and there has probably only been about 2 months in total where I haven’t had the pain from it. I’m always getting shooting pains in my chest, it’s painful...

Last reply
  • Chest pain

Have any of you suffered with chest pain aswell as fibro. I have just been referred to a cardiologist and put on aspirin and given a spray for under my tounge when I have pain.

Last reply
  • Elevated CK levels... should I be worried???

So I went to the ER yesterday, bc since Friday I have not been able to stand up for more than 10-15 minutes without getting so tired or light headed that i need to lie down. I have had off and on mild nausea and bad muscle aches in my back, stomach, and chest. The doctor did bloodwork which showed my...

Last reply
  • Gaining weight by the minute - with ME and Fibromialgia and IBS

went from a size 16 to 18 and seem to not be getting any relief from weight gain. I broke my leg and twisted my knee which had be in bed for a two month period. Then in a wheelchair which was exhausting me I nearly wept out of sheer frustration. Physio is working with me but improvement is slow. I feel...

Last reply
  • Hope this helps.

Thinking about it. My family would support me if it was needed. I have so many side effects from worse drugs. I do know that it effects short term memory so I would have to be sure. Hope thi's helps.

Last reply
  • Frustruation?

Has anyone else really struggled at the beginning of their diagnosis with feeling guilty/ashamed/overwhelmed with getting used to not being able to do what they used to be able to do? I am really having a hard time adjusting. Even though it took two years to finally get the Fibro diagnosis, I haven't...

Last reply
  • Myhealth

Been having an elevated CK since about 2002 with back pain legs aching bottom of the feet tingling and numb in 2003 I've expressed it to my primary care provider  can she give me an MRI because I'm in so much pain so much pain. In my back she expressed it to me that it was in my head prior...

Last reply
  • fibromyalgia hell

Diagnosed three years ago but suffering 8 to 10 weeks at a time with pain no relief with any medication feeling low no end to my suffering also vitamin  d difitcent some people have suggested that might be something more serious wrong with me but I have had all blood tests but they have all come...

Last reply
  • Fibromyalgia or Vitamin D?

Hello, So for many years now I've dealt with a lot of pain. My earliest memory of this was in school, I had a lot of aches and pains in my legs and lower, middle & upper back, plus headaches. My GP at the time put it down to stress and growing pains, so I thought it was that too. I had to quit...

Last reply
  • Don't know where to turn

Had fibro for about 7 years and feeling very low and dont know where to turn. I have tried to explain to my husband bout my fibro and even left a leaflet lying around but he shows no interest or concern. I have not got terrible brain fog, I struggle with work and make daft mistakes but no one knows what...

Last reply
  • Was hoping for advise from people who are dealing with this.

Hello. I'm not sure what is going on with me, over 2 months ago I started getting three worst headaches of my life which left me dizzy and foggy headed, nauseous, tired. A week after that started I began to shake almost every day around midday. I don't shake anymore, so I'm not sure what...

Last reply
  • spontaneous unexplained bruising

Here I am again, the old woman with a new symptom every day! I bruise very easily, even when I was a kid, and now that I'm 66 I bruise easier than ever, and I understand a lot of this is normal. I looked down at my feet and the tops of my feet, fairly close to toes, were two bruises on one foot and...

Last reply
  • Tiny itchy spots

Hi everyone haven't been on here for a while. Lot of discomfort over the last few months. This past week I have random pin head spots all over my body. May only be groups of maybe 3 - 5 but they itch so much and my skin feels as if it is burning. Has anyone experienced this with fibro. Thank...

Last reply
  • Arthritis or Lupus?

Hello Everyone, So I have been having an issue with my eight wrist and hand, sometimes even the shoulder and elbow, hurting really bad for over a week. The pain seems to be getting worse the longer it goes. I went to the ER for it a few days ago and they took x-rays and said the only thing they could...

Last reply
  • fibromyalgia with breast and pelvic pain?

hi i have been told i have fibromyalga and i have been having bad pelvic pain, they have given me 2 ultra sounds one to check ovaries and another for a hernia. both ok!! but i have this pain on the left sometimes a dull ach or a drag and when seated feels like i have a small orange inside me as seated...

Last reply
  • Feeling winded and hard to breathe??

Does anyone while having a flare up experience times when it’s hard to breathe after doing something very simple? I can feed my dog or even drying off from the shower and start breathing very heavy like I’ve just run a couple of miles. 

Last reply
  • Fibromyalgia symptoms?

Hi everyone. As you all have before I am sure, I am feeling overwhelmed. I'm incredibly frustrated because I feel like I am getting nowhere. I feel like this is my fault because I just shrugged off the weird pains for so long. And then I wonder, well hell, am I actually feeling the pains? Or are...

Last reply
  • Do you guys think I have fibro?

Hi, I know this isnt the best way to get a diagnosis and thats not what I am looking for but I am at my wits end and almost out of money trying to figure out whats wring with me. So I am hoping to get feedback so thatI can make a more informed decision about what kind of doctor to see.  Anyways...

Last reply
  • can i increase my medication ?

Hi this is my first post I have had fibro for 8 years and been on various combinations of tablet,  including  anti-inflammatory tabs but had to stop these due to chronic mouth ulcers, i am currently on 75mg of pregablin morning  100mg at night also 70mg amitriptylene at night and low dose...

Last reply
  • Lyrica, cymbalta, and tramdol and still pain.

Does everyone still have pain even after taking medications for pain?  I’m a 51 year old male that’s in decent shape. My Dr. is giving me these meds but sometimes I’m in terrible pains. The worst pains are in my legs that run into my feet and pain that comes from my neck and runs over my shoulder...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.