Skip to content

Fibromyalgia Syndrome

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

Fibromyalgia Introduction and Resources

This is a discussion where users can post their signs and symptoms, treatments, history etc. There is also a list of useful resources links etc below. If any user has any suggestions about additions to this please send me a Private Message rather than replying here or trying to post links in this thread....

Last reply
  • Pain to touch?

My young sons like to lean against me when we are sitting on the couch and lately it is extremely uncomfortable, even painful and I have to tell them to stop. Also any troubles with a stiff, painful neck in the night or after a nap?

Last reply
  • Painful legs.

Curious to know if anyone suffers with really bad pain in the whole of the legs.  Even resting my laptop across them is so painful.  They also feel very stiff when walking and hard going up and down stairs. Difficulty sleeping as well.   Thank you so much for reading and looking forward...

Last reply
  • Pins and needles

Had pins and needles bad for a week but last night could not sleep for pins and needles in whole body including lips at one point, eye also twitching, today my right leg has been numb all day, has anyone else had this, thanks

Last reply
  • Gabapentin

Has anyone used gabapint in for fibromyalgia and if so results? Side effects ? Thank you

Last reply
  • Those diagnosed, can you answer a question please?

I’m waiting to see a rheumatologist as I am experiencing a lot of constant pain. I also have a lot of twitching, so much so that my stomach muscles woke me in the night, they were going crazy. Yesterday I hand washed a top and used a towel to wring it out, I twisted the towel quite hard with my left...

Last reply
  • does this sound like Fibro?

hello, my name is haydee and i am 34 years old. For the last 2 years i would say i have been having these muscle twitches all over my body it started out in my back, i would feel small twitches all over it. Then it moved to my back and legs as well, now they are all over, no pain just annoying twitches....

Last reply
  • Frustrated

Hi my lovely Fibro warriors, does anyone have problems with their doctors. Regardless of what I’m suffering from all my gp says is ...it’s probably your fibromyalgia I could go in with my arm missing and my doctor would say it’s because of my fibromyalgia. They don’t even bother to check for other things...

Last reply
  • Could this be Fibromyalgia?

So since my hysterectomy in October 2017 and emergency gallbladder surgery in Nov 2017, I have had severe, debilitating muscle/joint pain with severe fatigue that comes on after 1 12 hour shift of work and I wake up in the middle of the night feeling like I've been run over by a truck, take tylenol...

Last reply
  • Could I have fibromyalgia ?

Hello, I have been dealing with a ton of health concerns now for over half a year... 6 months ago I started having these episodes of intense lightheadedness and chest pain. After a full battery of tests my doctor concluded I have a panic disorder... I’m fine with that and believe that’s half the story. ...

Last reply
  • Claiming pip

Hi ive been diagnosed with costochondiritis and now waiting to see a reumatoligist because my Gp thinks i may have fibromalgia i wont bore you with my symptoms as theres so many what i would like to know could i still get pip as i work ive cut my hours down to 16 as iam in so much pain after my shift...

Last reply
  • Fibromyalgia pain

Hi just wondering if anybody gets upper back pain that goes into left shoulder blade and shoulder. Also goes into left side and top of arm. TIA.

Last reply
  • Elevated CK levels... should I be worried???

So I went to the ER yesterday, bc since Friday I have not been able to stand up for more than 10-15 minutes without getting so tired or light headed that i need to lie down. I have had off and on mild nausea and bad muscle aches in my back, stomach, and chest. The doctor did bloodwork which showed my...

Last reply
  • Neuro told me it can be a case of fibromayalgia

Hello everyone, I have been dealing with this body pain on and off for the last three years. Nerves seems to be fine and even muscles. Today I had an app with my neurologist which did a small test by pressing some point and resulted painful for me. I sleep at night and about fatigue is not a problem...

Last reply
  • Swimming

Hi my name is Stella Does anybody know where is possible to swim in warm water in holland?

Last reply
  • FibroWoke

I am 25 years old, and over weight I gained 40 pounds while being diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I have been exercising and losing weight slowly but consistently. Today as I was walking my leg gave out and I fell.... It was a little embarrassing but mostly it scared the crap out of me. My muscles had been...

Last reply
  • Confused

Hi, I've been experiencing really bad joint pain in my fingers and hands especially in the morning as well as other joints and headaches. Alongside this, my energy levels seem to not be like the used to (this has been happening for a few months) and I get tired quite easily. These symptoms seem to...

Last reply
  • Who?

Hey all, Hopefully, this won't be too long-winded.  I'm a 13 year old girl btw. So, I have suffered all over muscular pain, temperature changes. IBS, morning stiffness, extreme tiredness, insomnia, etc for more than 6 months.Most symptoms of fibro, right?  Long story short, my...

Last reply
  • Who?

Hey all, Hopefully, this won't be too long-winded.  I'm a 13 year old girl btw. So, I have suffered all over muscular pain, temperature changes. IBS, morning stiffness, extreme tiredness, insomnia, etc for more than 6 months.Most symptoms of fibro, right?  Long story short, my...

Last reply
  • Massive flare up

In so much pain, ended up at hospital yesterday, collarbone and upper body hurt like hell, breathe, move, agony. So tired of all this 

Last reply
  • Fibromyalgia & Breast pain

Hi There, I was just wondering if anyone else suffers from breast pain/tenderness due to Fibro? I have pain elsewhere as well (thighs, knees, hips) but was really wondering if anyone else has suffered from this? My doctor thinks it is related to my fibro & doesn't think it is anything serious,...

Last reply
  • Suffer for days after going for a walk

if I go out for a walk on a nice day and I walk a little to far which isn’t far at all first the pain kicks in in my back and my legs feel quite weak. I then after the walk can be in agony for days and also feel tired and ill.  Does anyone know any ideas to help me find a way I can go for walks...

Last reply
  • I am 29 and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 2 years ago

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 2 years ago along with arthritis in all my joints at first i could handle the pain but over the last few months the pain is constant and unbearable i am unable to anything my husband is scared to even cuddle me incase he hurts me i am constantly tired and always crying...

Last reply
  • Need to move and can’t pack

I have lived in the same house for 18 1/2 years and am losing it in a short sale, so no money coming back to me. The short of how this happened is that my family has moved on in different directions and the mortgage payments stopped being paid. Anyway, my point is the fear I have about moving. I’m not...

Last reply
  • Fibromyalgia symptoms

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia a few months ago. My advice is to try CBD. taking CBD 1000g my pain has gone except a few twinges. You have to have a few ! My well being has improved too. My supplier is pure life a British company from Deal, Kent. Good luck. 

Last reply
  • Worry about living down south with fibromyalgia.

I’m moving from Ne. to Missippi way down by the ocean.Im a recent widow and I want to live by my grandchildren.Im so worried that the heat and humidity will make my fibromyalgia so much worse.I take tramodol and a one ml. Ativan daily.I can’t take any form of anti-depressant.Yesterday I walked my dog,...

Last reply
  • Frustrated and scared

Hi, I have found this forum incredibly helpful. I was diagnosed two years ago with AKS, under the same umbrella as Psoratic.. but the disease attacks tendons attached to joints. It's so much fun!   I am a performer, sing songwriter and vocal coach and am at the piano four hours a day. ...

Posted
  • How do you explain fibro to others?

People look at me like I'm mad when I try to explain how I'm feeling. They dont seem to understand how I can look ok but be in as much pain as I am or that I'll be fine one day and barely able to move the next. 'It's all in your head' 'you were fine yesterday/earlier'...

Last reply
  • Work fibro

Hi i really need help been uffering fibro for over 2 years now with other health complications.i currently work part time the last year i have been off work quite a lot with my fibro.i am so worried incase i get sacked.Can my work sack me if have never had a disapilinary xx

Last reply
  • Help with sleep

I suffer obstructive sleep apnea along side my fibromyalgia and really struggle to get a restful night sleep. I am waiting on my cpap machine which I will have next month. However my husband bought me an eye mask to wear while I sleep and I have to say that I’ve worn it for 2 nights now and I feel they’re...

Last reply
  • Diagnosed today and they think it started with a trauma I had?

The hospital have said they think my fibromyalgia is a result of a trauma I suffered 2 and half years ago. I broke two toes and fainted with the pain and put my teeth through my lip. Then 2 weeks later my appendix burst. I'm so shocked that this could be what set it off. Has anyone else been diagnosed...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.