Skip to content

Fibromyalgia Syndrome

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

Fibromyalgia Introduction and Resources

This is a discussion where users can post their signs and symptoms, treatments, history etc. There is also a list of useful resources links etc below. If any user has any suggestions about additions to this please send me a Private Message rather than replying here or trying to post links in this thread....

Last reply
  • Hard to breathe - Does fibro affect the lungs?

My fibro symptoms came 2015 and was dx 2017. Ever since then I've had terrible asthma and now mild sleep apnea.  I have been to multiple heart doctors and a pulmonologist. I've been through a plethora of tests and they all come back normal (for which I'm grateful) BUT I still feel...

Last reply
  • Looking for friends

Hi everybody Is there a way or a link where its possible to connect with people with fibromyalgia? Also to meet them. I dont know anybody with this desease and since my friends are too busy enjoying life i am now alone. Thanks Stella

Last reply
  • I had a triple heart bypass 2015

I was made redundant last year 2017 It was a fast moving pace and required some heavy lifting Now I am doing a quality inspector job which is not heavy work but can be stressful and I am on my feet all day My quality of life has changed dramatically because I am not earning as much and am limited to...

Posted
  • Sleeping a real problem? Any advice? Go back to GP?

I have osteoarthritis and was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia three years ago.  Along with pain, one of my main symptoms has been problems with sleeping.  I am on 50mg of Nortriptyline every evening and this has helped with my sleep, until the last few weeks.  Recently, I have had some bad...

Last reply
  • Trouble with walker

Has anyone had this happen?  Having to use a walker to get around because of balance problems, and then getting intense muscle pains in sides and arms and shoulders?  Any activity, such as shopping or going to appts. starts up a flare that does not die down for one or two days.  Do you...

Last reply
  • Are these fibro symptoms?

Hi. I've just joined this site as I've recently been diagnosed with fibro. I have lots of symptoms and I wondered if anyone else suffered from these too as they're not on the general "list" of fibro symptoms. Other than the usual pain in my neck, shoulders, back, hips, elbows...

Last reply
  • Lyrica withdrawals

About a month ago I went to Ochsner’s in New Orleans and saw a rheumatologist. She diagnosed me with fibromyalgia and told me to stop taking anything I had been prescribed and she started me on a low dose of Lyrica. She wanted me to increase the dosage each week to I reached 450. After a week I felt...

Last reply
  • CBD oil experiences?

How have people got on with using cbd oil for fibromyalgia? Are there a lot of benefits?  I’m on 10mg amitriptyline as well but it’s not doing much other than helping me sleep, don’t want to up the dose either really...  The only symptom that forever bothers me more than the rest is chest pain...

Last reply
  • Muscle weakness

Anyone get pain folled by weak feeling muscles? My legs feel too weak to hold my weight sometimes and my arms feel like theyre on elastic bands...I'm not over-weight.

Last reply
  • Looking for people with fibromyalgia

Hi, I am completely alone dealing with this desease. Nobody understands or care. I live in Amsterdam. Is anybody with fibromyalgia who would like to meet? I dont know anyone or do you know any association that i can join to meet people? Thanks stella

Posted
  • Fibromyalgia/CFS Sisters I need your help!

Hello, my name is Sylvie K Hebert and I help women with fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue syndrome live their best life ever! I have a one-question survey I would like for you to answer. This is just to help me figure out what women with fibro/cfs need. There is NO sale of any kind attach to this, I...

Last reply
  • Horrible gp

Sorry for this post but I just need to vent. Ive had symptoms for 10yrs, last couple of years I gave up on drs and haven’t been to gp very often, I’ve avoided medication for most of this 10yrs trying a few things which didn’t agree with me and never stuck with anything except diazepam when really bad....

Last reply
  • Fibromyalgia

Ive had fibromyalgia for a while now but recently have come up in a rash all over by body..Is this normal?

Last reply
  • Doing crafts

hi everyone, I've just discovered 5d diamond pictures and I have just been sat at the table doing this for about 30 minutes, then came over all funny, hot sweats really nauseous and white as a sheet, had to go and sit on the loo for about 15 minutes. Now I feel really cold achy and tired. Does this...

Last reply
  • MS or Fibromyalgia

I have been having pins and needles mainly in legs muscle aches painful muscle spasms and shooting pains in body and head. I already have lupus and sjogrens and worried i may have MS gp said you dont get pins and needles with fibro she looked on computer at pressure points and she tried it on me. it...

Last reply
  • Fibromyalgia progress

Fibromyalgia News Today NAVIGATE HomepageNews Alexandra Andersson, PhD 1 year ago Q10 Treatment Improved Psychiatric, Clinical Symptoms in Fibromyalgia Patients Q10 for fibromyalgia New Post Notifications? Treatment with the coenzyme Q10 improved a wide range of psychiatric symptoms in patients...

Posted
  • Cholesterol meds

During 2006 due to sudden and severely increased intensity in FMS pain and exhaustion from FMS (I assumed coupled with Sleep Apnea) I accepted the necessity of closing my business, hiring weekly help to do my household tasks and allowing my husband to take over cooking as I could no longer stand long...

Last reply
  • Internal vibrations with joint and bone pain

I'm a 52 year old man with body buzzing to the arms hands legs and bones always hurt, the rheumatologist is tried everything you can't figure out what's wrong I have high inflammation number no indicators of rheumatoid arthritis. Any help would be appteciated

Last reply
  • Anyone with fibromyalgia have eye spasms?

Ive had fibromyalgia for over 20 years. I have intermittent spasms in my eyes, the pupil. They are especially bad when I'm tired or doing close work. I haven't talked to anyone else who has experienced this with fibro. I've been checked by both a neurologist and an eye doctor. There is nothing...

Last reply
  • Is FMS classed as a disability

sorry if that seems like an odd question. I was diagnosed some years ago and am determined not to give up work despite the sensitivity. I drive to work as I can't stand the pain of being bumped about on the tube, but my parking is not as close to my office as I would like. As I also have plantar...

Last reply
  • Could i be suffering from Fibromyalgia?? Really unsure!!!

For months now maybe even years ive been suffering with pain intermittently in my knees, hips, around the breast bones, neck and shoulders...i also have restless legs at times, sensitivty to chalk, have to have my bath luke warm and top up with warm so my body adjusts to the temp grsdually, foogy head...

Last reply
  • Elevated CK levels... should I be worried???

So I went to the ER yesterday, bc since Friday I have not been able to stand up for more than 10-15 minutes without getting so tired or light headed that i need to lie down. I have had off and on mild nausea and bad muscle aches in my back, stomach, and chest. The doctor did bloodwork which showed my...

Last reply
  • Old pain to go?

Anyone heard of this? How would a 92% reduction in Pain suit you? That's the average pain reduction for a Volunteer on a training day! Results from 115 client feedback forms collected on training days. Most of these people had treatments by a trainee at the end of their training (some were from...

Posted
  • Does anyone else with Fibromyalgia get any of these symptoms??

My GP says he's pretty sure I have fibromyalgia after going back and forth to him with different symptoms for almost a year. I now have an appointment at the hospital in early December with a rheumatologist to discuss the symptoms further, have a full examination and hopefully receive a diagnosis....

Last reply
  • Trying to find my place.. fibro symptoms??

Hello everyone. Been suffering for about a year now with a slew of baffling symptoms. It started with pins and needles in my hands and feet almost feeling like they were being cut off with a tourniquet. I began to have severe muscle stiffness and aching in my quads and shoulders and triceps. I have...

Last reply
  • Medication

HI would love to hear story's of best medicine for fibromyalgia, been on lots over the years , my arms and mussels ache terrible can't even go on I pad, and buttucks, plus rushing to loo All the time to wee , thank you

Last reply
  • Occasional lifting of all symptoms just before I go to bed.

i was diagnosed with fibromyalgia twenty years ago. My symptoms are mainly muscle stiffness, pain in my neck and head and the tops of my arms,and peculiar skin sensations in my legs. Recently I have noticed that very occasionally my symptoms seem to totally disappear late at night just before I go to...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.