Skip to content

Fibromyalgia Syndrome

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Swollen feet

Does anyone experience very swollen feet and ankles my doctor has said it’s pitted adema from my pain meds so I’ve drank so much water and taking magnesium tablets had a very spa baths and I feel they are coming down slightly waiting for my blood test results praying to god he doesn’t take me of …

Posted
  • Widespread pain, doc has no clue

Hello,  About a year ago I was plagued with a horrible panic disorder, it came out of nowhere and took months to manage and get back to myself. I was on antidepressants until recently and I’m now managing very well with no anxiety attacks. However I have a lasting problem that’s taking over …

Last reply
  • Symtoms

Hi im new to this forum could can anybody explain the syptoms of this pain please. There are certain points of the body that drs use to diagnose this. Any help would be grateful

Last reply
  • Doctor doesn't recognise fibromyalgia

I am so depressed and have finally put a formal complaint in about my doctor, for fybromyalgia,athritist,headaches diverticular I am allowed 4 dyohydrocodeine per day, he won't increase them or even add anything in, I am in despair as this doesn't even touch the pain, I've been down …

Last reply
  • Do i have Fibro?

Hi,i am in a lot of pain,not sure of the cause,i do have arthritis,in both hips(1 has bn replaced) i also have golfers elbow & calcification on same elbow(awaiting steroid injection) i have previously had calcification in shoulder,feels like its coming back...my fingers are very stiff and sore, …

Last reply
  • Hi All first time on this site I'm also on GCA & Pmr

With Fibromyalgia can this affect your wrists being painful like you've twisted it cause I've done nothing to make my wrist as painful as it is.  Doc says I've got GCA that I've had for 2 years and now last 6 months pmr and this Fibromyalgia.  I've just been through a …

Posted
  • THCA

Has anyone tried THCA tincture oil for pain for fybromialgia and got relief?

Last reply
  • Flare ups?

Hi, this is my first time to be in this type discussion.  I was diagnosed with fybromyalgia and hyper mobility syndrome about 9 mo. ago.  I've been struggling with pain for almost 4 years.  I hear people discuss flareups which I can only assume are days that are worse than others …

Last reply
  • Support and like mindedness people!

Hello, I am new to forums but I am in desperate search of others experiencing the same as me - merely to help with the torment I feel I am in. I’ve been struggling for a number of years now, the last two being the worst. My GP has only just made me a referral to what I think is a pain clinic for …

Last reply
  • Any GP's

I would love to know if there are any doctors in this group suffering from Fibromyalgia.  Mind I am not sure whether they would say if they were.  Just a thought x

Last reply
  • Itchy Scalp

Has anyone had problems with  their scalp.  For the last week mine has been quite red and painful also itchy.  Knowing Fibromyalgia can cause problems with the nerve endings under the skin could it be this.  I am using the same hair products that I always use so I don't …

Last reply
  • Anyone else had trouble being diagnosed with fibromyalgia?

I have been unwell with symptoms of joint, muscle aches/pains, exhaustion, headache, pins & needles, hair loss, dislike light/noise, to name a few for 2 years. I kept visiting GP but as blood tests normal was just left. Eventually saw a Rheumatologist who implied I have fibromyalgia but said I …

Last reply
  • Do i have fibromyalgia?

Hi there, iv'e recently been diagnosed with fibro but im unsure weather the doctor just said i have that just to stop me gojng dowm there and pestering them all the time. It all started march last year my tooth snapped so i seen a dentist who gave me a crown..the crown was way to big so when i&# …

Posted
  • Gamabintin for fybromialgia

Has anyone had any good experiences with gamabintin for fybromialgia? I have read some scary comments on people having bad side effects. .??? Scared to try it...

Last reply
  • Fibromyalgia diagnosis

What frustrates me is those who claim they have fibromyalgia and have gone through tests, including pressure points and show that they don’t have fibromyalgia. But claim they do?, I feel as if the doctors should help those who are suffering from something as they are in pain but this is the problem …

Last reply
  • Head PRESSURE

So I am wondering if this is a major symptom for any of you? I don’t really have tons of pain but I get constant pressure in my entire head. Sometimes its in my ears, sometimes its in my forehead, sometimes temples. I get strange feelings like water running down my scalp and tension in my jaw etc …

Last reply
  • Cure for fibromyalgia

Dear all I believe you can heal completely from fibromyalgia if you stop eating carbs diary meat fish all processed food and sugar.

Last reply
  • Does this sound like fibromyalgia?

Hello my names Jessica I am 27 years old. I started noticing In 2016 that I had some unusual pain it started with bad headaches that felt like it was aching into my jaw and neck.. it went away after a couple of weeks I then started noticing other symptoms the following summer when I worked as a …

Last reply
  • Joints popping and cracking

Hi, I have had chronic pain for two years but only just been diagnosed with FM. Just wondering if the popping snapping crunching and grinding is part of it. I wasn't like this before. And my dr said it's a part of aging WHATEVER. This is NOT normal clicking and popping. Sometimes I feel …

Last reply
  • Do fibro patients lead a happy married life??

I am 29 yr old female from east. I am not diagnosed, but suffering from pains since 5 months in thighs, biceps ,hip and lower back pain. This could all be due to a result of health anxiety, panic attacks and intrusive thoughts i suffered from since 2 yrs. I am pushing guys away who are interested …

Last reply
  • Do I have fibromyalgia???

So long story cut short, diagnosed in 2012 with a grade 2 central neurocytoma which most of it was removed then, last year (March 2017) I was told there is progression so went to Florida to receive Proton Beam Therapy and have recently found out I am in remission. But have a lot of symptoms …

Last reply
  • Could I have fibromyalgia ?

Hello, I have been dealing with a ton of health concerns now for over half a year... 6 months ago I started having these episodes of intense lightheadedness and chest pain. After a full battery of tests my doctor concluded I have a panic disorder... I’m fine with that and believe that’s half the …

Last reply
  • Reducing working hours

I have not yet been diagnosed with fibromyalgia but have been suffering for 10 years and I am sure that I do indeed have it. I am very unwell with it and my flare ups are permanent now it's very severe and never goes away. I am only 27 and work full time and have been finding it very difficult. …

Last reply
  • Losing hope

I have been having a myriad of symptoms for about a year and a half now. My main symptoms are pressure, tingling, strange sensations in my scalp and head a tension in my neck and shoulders. I also get a buzzing sensation in my body and tingling/itching randomly everywhere. I get extreme fatigue …

Last reply
  • DLA

Hiya does anyone know if you can get benefits for fibromyalgia. I work at the moment and I’m on lots of pain killers been sent to get physiotherapy.  I don’t think I can go on working much longer I’m in to much pain and tired all the time with the medication.

Last reply
  • Painful legs.

Curious to know if anyone suffers with really bad pain in the whole of the legs.  Even resting my laptop across them is so painful.  They also feel very stiff when walking and hard going up and down stairs. Difficulty sleeping as well.   Thank you so much for reading and looking …

Last reply
  • Those diagnosed, can you answer a question please?

I’m waiting to see a rheumatologist as I am experiencing a lot of constant pain. I also have a lot of twitching, so much so that my stomach muscles woke me in the night, they were going crazy. Yesterday I hand washed a top and used a towel to wring it out, I twisted the towel quite hard with my …

Last reply
  • Is this Fibro?

Hi folks, I was overdosed on a very strong antibiotic that ruined my central nervous system 11 years ago. Now I suffer from pain all over my body all at the same time. From head to toe I have tenderness and pain. My legs , arms feel like they are burning, they have a weird feeling that I cannot …

Last reply
  • Flare up from hell

Hi all new to this fibro forum. Have fibromyalgia for 5 years now my GP stated is progressive due to my current flare .i am a district nurse and had coped with everything fb has caused but the flare is so bad cant eat ,sleep,drive ,pain in shoulders ,neck , weakness in my left leg , some days i …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.