Could I have Fibromyalgia?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have not been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, however seem to have most of the symptoms, so would appreciate any advice on whether it could be Fibromyalgia or something else.

Just over 12 months ago, I started with severe chest pains, bloating, back pain and abdominal pains that moved around. I visited my GP a couple of times, during the 6 weeks when this was bad. I had a load of blood tests and was given a good check up, but nothing conclusive came up. I was given some tablets for acid reflux and told that it was probably caused by stress.

Around 8 weeks ago I become quite unwell again. Symptoms this time were more varied. Headaches, bone and muscle pain in arms and legs, itchy skin, shoulder pain, back pain, bloating, abdominal pains, pain in left testicle, tender neck glands, nausea, feeling churned up inside. More testing was done including an ultrasound, but everything came back as fine. My GP just said it was likely to be a gastric viral infection.

As I write this I am feeling nauseous, have a churned up feeling in my stomach, shoulder pain, lower back pain and pain in both arms.

I am a male in my early 50's and looking back have experienced less severe of many of these symptoms during the last year. I just attributed these more mild symptoms to growing older.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.