I'm due for TMJ replacement and have probable FM

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there,

my particular situation is that I'm due for TMJ replacement but, have deferred it because the rest of my body hurts so much, I can't face the TMJ replacement. I am trying to get a diagnosis for Fibromyalgia while TMJ replacement is all put on hold. As many of you will know, the two conditions are often linked. So here's the plan: my Maxillofacial surgeon will phone me in the New Year to discuss, meanwhile I will persevere in getting a diagnosis and some relief of FM symptoms (sore joints, IBS, muscles tender to touch, sharp stabbing pains, etc. Does this also descibe you?

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Sarah. I don't have a diagnosis yet for Fibro as my doc is still running through every test imaginable first. But what you described in this post is 100% what I have been feeling. Did you ever get a fibromyalgia diagnosis?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.