My Twitchy Eye Warning Sign

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi All

I've been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, CFS/ME, IBS and Anxiety, after extensive investigations and tests into my symptoms with no apparent reason being found for them. For the last 2 weeks I had been feeling really quite well for a change, considering normally there is usually an almost constant feeling of being ill and groggy, well that was until a couple of days ago. There is one thing I have noticed that I wanted to share with you all about when my condition(s) flare up.

Well, the day before yesterday I woke feeling fine, until the evening when I noticed my left eye starting to randomly twitch, spasm and feel lumpy, but it looked fine. A little while after that I started to feel a bit ill, but nothing drastic, but I did think to myself before bed that I was going to start having a flare up tomorrow, my left eye still twitching away randomly. Low and behold I woke up yesterday and felt awful, I felt faint and unsteady like I am on a boat, breathing was laboured, my whole body seemed to ache and be in pain all over, particularly my legs, my stomach and bowels were churning and gurgling a lot, and I felt nauseous and bloated, and I generally felt awful, all the time my left eye still randomly twitching, spasming and feeling lumpy, and today I'm much the same as yesterday. I have noticed that when I've gone through these flare ups in the past I have noticed I always get the left eye twitch, spasm, lumpy feeling, the right eye is fine, it's always just the left one.

I have now taken this eye twitching experiencing as my first warning sign that a flare up is on the way, and I was wondering if any other Fibromyalgia sufferers experience the same, or have their own warning signs? As I've said I've had extensive testing done, one test being a head MRI scan, and as I said everything has always been fine.

I'd be interested to know what you all think of my findings, whether you think the left eye twitch is indeed a sign of a flare up and if any of you experience anything similar to me.

Any thoughts, comments or views on this would be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

Hi Paul if you see a pattern then that's good, with me I just know that I'm in a flare up a lot more than being pain free I'm completely exhausted

• Posted

Hi Nikki

Thanks for your comments and I know how you feel with feeling exhausted, I feel totally drained, faint, dizzy, tired, sick, achy and stiff, and that's from just being led up on the sofa, this is a bad one! My eye is still twitchy and lumpy feeling too, but looks fine.

Still I'm looking forward to my left eye to stop it's twitching, that's the sign the flare up is passing, just wondering how long this one will last now.

• Edited

I get a lot of eye twitching too it's uncomfortable hope it passes quickly for you.

• Posted

We’ll see Nikki, I hope it does, but I’ve got a feeling it’ll be with me for while yet.

Take care and all the best.

• Edited

I have been experiencing the EXACT same thing for the last couple of days! Left eye twitching, followed by pain, aches, grogginess and grumbling stomach with IBS flare up symptoms! Thank you for sharing your story, because I honestly thought I was imaging it, or worse, having some kind of a stroke!

• Posted

i do seem to have the same problem with my left eye. When things are flared the first noticeable thing is my eye and then it dawns on me how bad im feeling. Ive gotten so used to feeling crappy. So its kinda my tell tell reminder to take it easy. I find the twitch very annoying.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.