Sensitive Teeth... Is this fibro

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi

This past week I have noticed my teeth have become extremely sensitive. I've never had problems before and I have an appointment to see my dentist. I'm wondering if anyone else has this and if it's part of fibro. I've also started to notice at night I clench my jaw together really tight so don't know if that's the cause of my sensitive teeth. Does anyone else experience this at all and is it to do with fibro?

Thanks

Alison x

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I have been suffering the same lately. Well jaw pain and I have been thinking is it my teeth or fibro....I'm sure it's fibro because mines goes from tingling to pain.
    • Posted

Hi Jacqueline

Well I went to my dentist today and he said its common for us fibro sufferers to clench our jaw so tight at night. Hopefully him taking a mould of my teeth so I can wear shields at night whilst sleeping will help but if not he said I'd be referred to the hospital.

Hope your pain goes away x

• Posted

Hi Alison,

yes I get teeth pain. I do also have a problem with clenching my teeth on a night, it's usually caused by stress, which is always difficult to eliminate. But I've also had problems with my teeth aching...they started a couple of months ago for no apparent reason. I didn't go to the dentist as I couldn't pin point one tooth, it was lots, so I just waited it out hoping it would go and put it down to fibro. It took roughly six or so weeks to get better, but it has, so I'm guessing that it was indeed the fibro.

hope this helps

have a good day

Boqer

• Posted

Hi Boqer

Thanks for your reply. I went to my dentist today and he did say it's common for people with fibro to clench their jaw at night. He mentioned bruxism and also temporomandiblar joint disorder. He took a mould of my teeth and I'm going to have a mouth guard to wear at night. If that doesn't help them he will refer me to the hospital.

Hopefully that will sort mine.

Thanks

Alison x

• Posted

i dont know if it is connected alison but i have had bother with the same thing for a few years now to the extent my teeth are becoming slack i go to the hygenist 4 times a year because of the spaces i have between teeth where all the food gets trapped i am in bad pain at the moment  all over due to my fibromyalgia i dont know if it is age with my teeth or the fibro chin up alison
    • Posted

Hi Peeky

It's rubbish isn't it. I went to my dentist today and he said its common for people with fibro to clench their jaw so tight at night. He did a mould of my teeth and I will be given a mouth shield to wear at night to see if it helps. If not he said I would be referred to the hospital.

Hopefully that will work.

We don't half have a lot to deal with having bloody fibro 😞 X

• Posted

Has anyone had problems with numb jaw or tingling....
    • Posted

Can't say I have had numb jaw or tingling but I just wake up and my jaw is aching so much due to how tight I clench it at night. I'm sure someone on here may have as there always seems to be people that can relate to any kind of symptom you have.

I hope you get some answers x

• Posted

Yes I have painful upper teeth and get numb tingling on my face, usually low left sided, lip will go tingly and left side feels numb but if I touch it I can still feel the touch it just feels numb or swollen or dead if that makes any sense
    • Posted

Mines is numbness in lower right jaw sometimes left. This Fibro is a nightmare messes you up physically and mentally X
  • Posted

Hi Alison I have been suffering with the same thing my teeth are so sore an very weak in the last month 2 have cracked. I spoke to my dentist. He told me it's due to the medication an amount I take. I also noticed I clench my jaw I only noticed about a week or so that I was doing. Hope this helps xxx
  • Posted

Hi Alison

I believe that fibro affects the teeth! I had most of my lower back teeth removed due to pain even though the dentist said there was nothing wrong with them, but unfortunately this did not rid the problem and i still suffer with pain even though there are no teeth!

I also had implants and one has broke due to bruxism. I had retainers made and have holes in them where I clench so hard.

Best wishes

Paula

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.