Sertraline to Duloxetine. Worthwhile?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I'm three weeks in to coming off sertraline in order to begin duloxetine, at the suggestion of the pain clinic with whom I had a telephone consult last year. As almost all of us are no doubt feeling, life has been very difficult. I have been utterly exhausted, much more so than normal, and gone through overlapping flares. I have given up on ever finding relief, let alone a cure, but during a mandatory review of my medication. the doc suggested moving from sertraline to duloxetine. nothing to lose, I thought I'd give it a go. I can't think positively about it or I'll end up down in a very dark place if (when) it doesn't help.

Does anyone have experience of the switch between these meds? Was it worthwhile? I'm feeling shocking and wondering how to go forward.

Thanks in advance and I hope you're having a great day.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.