How do I get diagnosed for fibromyalgia

Posted , 2 users are following.

i have pains all over my body , like electric shock pains , i take ages to get up after sitting laying , cant sleep properly , been having bloods done and i have inflammation in my blood but not enough to see a rheumatologist , but i am in agony , recently been having same pains in ribs feet my hands are numb every morning its so painful where do i go from here ?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sam, sorry to read your story and to hear of your struggle. If you have had blood tests showing inflammation and your GP hasn't given you a diagnosis, how have you left it with them?

Have you been prescribed anything? Do you have next steps?

I would think that if your bloods are showing inflammation you should be referred on, to whom would depend on other symptoms you present with and presumably discussed with your GP?

• Posted

ask your doctor for a blood test to see if you are low on vitamin D to rule that out

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.