Painful legs.

Posted , 12 users are following.

Curious to know if anyone suffers with really bad pain in the whole of the legs.  Even resting my laptop across them is so painful.  They also feel very stiff when walking and hard going up and down stairs. Difficulty sleeping as well.   Thank you so much for reading and looking forward to your replies   x   

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi sue, my legs have been a source of pain and fatigue for several years. Seems to be getting progressively worse. I sometimes can't walk very far without "feeling the burn " and must stop to rest them. I am recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia and Dr's think there may also be some auto immune issue as well. I'm on lyrica,celebrex and cymbalta will be next.. unfortunately nothing is helping legs yet. Gabapentin helped with sleeping at night.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. This site is so helpful and although I don't won't to wish this pain on anyone it does help to hear from those with similar problems. Take care of yourself

• Posted

Hi Sue, Yes I think most of us suffer with leg pain. I myself have these lumpy areas on my legs which are not noticeable to the eye, but which are very painful at times. The doctor diagnosed it as some sort of lymphatic condtion. So even touching certain areas is very painful. Going up and down stairs is quite taxing as well especially in the knees and weakness in my lower back. I do use a cane sometimes to ease the climb. You are not alone sweetie. Maggie xx
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply Magpie2me. I was disgnosed with Fibromyalgia 2 years ago. I don't know if it's because our weather in the uk is hotter than usual at the moment but my legs are hurting sooo much and toes feel tingley reading your reply you sound like me. I did push it a week ago, when on holidays, by doing too much walking on our beautiful coast. Years ago we would walk for miles up and down coastal paths and I miss it so much. Take care and gentle hugs

• Posted

Hiya sue, my legs get very sore all the way don the especially, can’t let anyone or anything touch them..even putting leggings on....have a lovely day and be bkessed😍😍

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I remember back some months ago putting tights on and pulling them off straight away. The pressure and pain against my legs was terrible. Take care and gentle hugs
  • Posted

Hi Sue I think we all hurt in different ways. My legs hurt mostly in knees, my hips hurt with a throb and ache. I am on Cymbalta and tramodol but doesn't really help in major flare ups...

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply. This horrible illness causes us so many problems. You take care x
    • Posted

Do you get many side effects from your medication as I was thinking of going on duloxatine, but I have read it makes you sweat many thanks , what mg are you on
    • Posted

Hi Susan, I take Gabapentin but side affects are putting on weight, tiredness, and brain fog. Thinking of trying something else. Jo.
    • Posted

Hi there

I take Duloxetine and would be lost without it. It helps to control the terrible electrical shocks that I experience in my head.  I do also sweat a little (not much), but I have no idea whether this is because of the medication or the condition itself, a temperature control (or lack of it) is also a symptom of FMS.

• Posted

Yes my legs hurt, feel heavy and hard work trying to walk up the slightest slope. I would not be able to rest laptop on them for long.I have pain though everywhere but my arms are a bit like my legs. Typing this post is painful after about 30 seconds, then it gets my collar bone. My hip gets me when trying to walk and i find it all so bad when hanging washing out. I have to sit down exhausted after a few garments. My fingers are so bad now through typing and my wrist that i have to stop. Jo.
  • Posted

Hello, I have the same symptom as you. It is especially bad in the morning. It feels like I ran a marathon the day before. Have you ever experienced your leg not making a step forward at times? It’s like the message from the brain is delayed and it can cause you to fall. I hope things improve for you. My only suggestion is to take a magnesium supplement preferably with Vit D. 

• Posted

Hi sue it's mostly my legs painful that I'm suffering with and as soon as I wake up I know, the pain is either everywhere on my legs and sometimes just my feet and it's so painful I often have to rearrange appointments or even a lunch date with friends, I just can't plan anything so live day by day literally.

• Posted

Hi Sue, I know this post is old but I had to chime in as I've been searching for the answer to this question for over 7 yrs

The pain that I experience is sudden intense throbbing

and intense aches. It is relentless. The pain hits from the top of thighs down to the feet. I have RA as well but I feel this is def a fibro thing. I'm 58 and worry how I'm going to endure this pain in my older years 😟

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.