I'm so scared..

Posted , 4 users are following.

ive had a tension headache that comes and goes everyday for the past 4 months... I worry that it's a brain tumor but I've gone to my doctor twice, the ER once and my psychologist and they all say that it's not a tumor and that it's just anxiety and my depression working together to make me feel this way..it's a really annoying feeling that's mostly on my left temple and in one point on my neck near the base of my head. It scares me and I cry everyday because I'm so scared..

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It's the middle of summer, pollen may be high in your area, I myself have even worried about this. My entire summer I've had a head ache/head pressure and I freaked out about it. My parents have always told me if you worrry about it it'll get worse. I had a pressure in the back of my head and now it just moves around. I wouldn't worry about it smile if the professionals say it okay take their word. I still freak out about funny feelings and afterwards I feel kinda stupid for being scared of it. Live your life happy don't stress over the body sensations. They'll feel better once your calm and stress free!
    • Posted

If only it were easy to be calm and stress free when I'm feeling like this sad I hate it so much and don't know how to make it go away
    • Posted

You don't make it go away. The way it goes away is accepting. When you struggle against it, the harder you fight, the harder it fights back. Learn some relaxation technics. If you need some suggestions I can give you some. But once you accept it, it'll feel better. Accept its anxiety. It will feel like defeat, trust me, it'll rage worse than ever the first few times. But then you feel a relief. You realize 'it was anxiety '. Then you let go of the thought it doesn't worry you anymore. I hope this gives you some closer .
  • Posted

Hi Cindyloo, I have myself suffered from depression & health anxiety for the past 2 years and it would take me hours and hours to run through it all, my worries, bodily sensations etc... But when it all started it was headaches I was getting, something I very really had. Some reason I found myself at my Drs convinced that I had a brain tumour, and no matter what I was told I found myself back at the Drs the day after and the day after and the day after that

I also attended the local A&E several times and I was told by not one, not two but more than a handful of Drs that I was suffering from depression & health anxiety which was causing tension headache, to the point where I felt a heavy pressure on the top of my head, my scalp was feeling hot to the point were it felt like an iron on top of my head. Believing the Drs was not easy. I then moved on to other illnesses I was convinced I had and it just became a nasty circle I was in,

I was referred to CB therapy and for a while, but it eventually helped me understand why I was feeling like this and that when you have anxiety your body is on a very high state of alert and you feel every sensation as if it was major but it's more than likely a sensation you've had many times before but you had not been suffering anxiety so your mind has never focused on these sensation.

I still have anxiety but learnt to manage & deal with it in a better way. Have you been referred to CBT? do you take any medication?

• Posted

I'm seeing a psychologist. I don't take anything. It just scares me because it's been here for so long and I get so scared and I've driven everyone away because I keep asking for reassurance and everyone says I'm fine but I don't feel fine..I feel u comfortable and sometimes I get so dizzy and so I just sit and cry. Why can't I believe anyone?
  • Posted

I know exactly how you feel. I went to my doctor about this pain and it's all down to anxiety. She prescribed me with anti depressants that help with neuralgia (headaches). It has helped me. I do sometimes still wake up during the night with that piercing pain but not as bad as it was because of these tablets. (Amytriptiline)

Here if you need to chat. Sounds exactly what I had and I was told it was tension, anxiety, stress etc. Don't be scared. Get to your doctor and demand something to help take it away. In the meantime, try to relax. That's what I'm trying to do. It's hard, but I suppose we have to try! sad

• Posted

It feels so uncomfortable and I get so scared..thankfully it lets me sleep but it's there from when I wake up to when I fall asleep and it bothers so much
    • Posted

Yeah, that's exactly how I was feeling. You will make it worse by thinking the worst though. Make sure you drink plenty of water, take any meds/painkillers you can (sensibly) and try to stay calm as it will ease the pain slightly. Defintiely go to the doctor. Even tell them what I was prescribed and see what they can do. No point in being in pain every day. It's just not fair!
    • Posted

I keep asking my doctor and my psychologist how they're so sure that it's not anything worse and they tell me that they just know and it doesn't make me feel any better
    • Posted

Yeah, I know what you mean. I have been the same way for the last 5 years. After coming on here and seeing that there are so many people with the same symptoms, I know what anxiety looks like. I suppose the health professionals are even more qualified to make that call. Take their word but at the same time, don't feel silly for continually asking questions and asking for them to check/test you to give you piece of mind.
    • Posted

I know I see so many people with the same thing. But I keep thinking what if it's not the same thing? mine stays on the left temple and goes down my neck and rarely does it ever happen on both sides. I don't know why it's so hard for me to believe people
    • Posted

I get mine usually on my right temple then down the right side and at top of my neck under my head. Horrific pain but there's a hundred and one things that could be related to that's not a brain tumor so try not to worry. I'd get to the doctor and ask them to rule out everything you're worried about for your own peace of mind. 
    • Posted

That's usually where my pain happens, just on the opposite side of the head and sometimes the top of my scalp hurts to touch like as if it's sore & I've gone to the doctor so many times and they just tell me to relax, that it's just anxiety.
    • Posted

The top of my head hurts too to touch. Like it's bruised or my hair has been pulled out of my head. Apprently I am ok too - just anxiety. So annoying! sad
    • Posted

Do you mind if I private message you?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.