I'm worried if I have lung cancer. Any thoughts?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey, I'm 15 years old. (Sorry for the young age.)

I've been exposed to second-hand smoke for about 3-4 hours in total.

My breath is becoming shorter, including with ear pain along with a pain at my upper left back. I tried to convince my relatives to take me to the doctors, but they wouldn't let me. Otherwise, they said the schedules were confusing. Plus, they think I'm crazy. Any thoughts?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi hack, I would say that being your age and the extremely short space of time you have been exposed to second hand smoke for that to cause lung cancer would be extremely improbable, like one in possibly millions. Your parents not agreeing to take you to the Dr is probably stressing you unnecessarily, what have you been doing lately, have you been doing sports or lifting and an obvious question is are you very anxious
    • Posted

I’ve been worried about my health for about 3-5 months now. Been going crazy about it. I’ve been walking on the treadmill for about 30-60 minutes. (Few times each week.)

I’m not a fan of sports, but I do like soccer. (Never really get to play it.)

I feel like there’s a tumor in my upper left back, because it hurts at certain positions when ever it wants to. Plus, I’ve been getting white(?)/brown mucus a lot lately

• Posted

I'm thinking that you do need to see your Dr and maybe show your Mum this thread and explain to her how worried you are and that instead of your anxiety getting worse you need to get it sorted now while it's at a stage where it can be sorted, so do you have a cough

• Posted

Not really often. I’ve been trying to tell the doctors my symptoms, but now they think I’m going crazy with it, because of the pains I’ve been going through. At least they gave me a referral to therapy.
  • Posted

First of all, i need to ask you, how much time you are smoking?
    • Posted

I don’t smoke, I’m just exposed for it for a very long time. Right now I think I spat out a very tiny bit of blood in my pheglm! My rib cage bones kept swelling too which really hurts.
  • Posted

Ok update, when I breathe I can only feel my right lung. My left lung I couldn’t feel however. Everytime I breathe deeply, the top of my right lung tightens. Along with that, I keep getting excessive mucus along with chest pain!
  • Posted

I do not think you are crazy, though overwhelmed with your health for sure. This may be called a panic attack. And you do not have a lung cancer for sure. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.