I need advice on Propranolol

Posted , 3 users are following.

Read thishttps://patient.info/forums/discuss/help-me-please--451601?page=1#1583504 and this https://patient.info/forums/discuss/strange-sensations-in-my-feet-is-that-anxiety--452395?page=0#1585549 first before replying.

Okay so as you know I'm on Propranolol 10mg which I take once, three times a day and I'm nearing the end of my prescription and I'm worried that once it runs out I could get some deadly withdrawel symptoms especially since I didn't follow the prescription correctly because at first I only took 1 a day and I think that was for a week or maybe a day or two less (I can't remember) I also had one day where I panicked because I thought I took two within the space of a couple of minutes so I didn't take anymore that day and it turns out I only took two that day. I now only have 13 tablets left (I took one this morning when there was 14) so I don't know what to do when my propranolol runs out. Also I still haven't taken my Sertraline as I'm scared of the side effects. The thing is my symptoms have eased off a bit now so I only get the occasional tightness in my shoulder which goes away and I've also had my left arm get quite warm for no reason so will I be okay after stopping my propranolol?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Sorry I forgot to mention this but I have a vibrating sensation that I've had in my feet a couple of times and it lasts for several hours for a couple of days and also in my legs for a few days and in my backside too and I'm still not convinced that its anxiety because I was happy at college and then suddenly as I mentioned I had that fast heartbeat and then it stopped for months and then the Palpitations (irregular heartbeat) and all these symptoms and it just won't go away and I don't understand why.
  • Posted

What does everyone else think?
  • Posted

Hi Thomas

Why are you not getting a repeat script for your propanalol?  I think you should take your sertraline also as the side effects dont las too lond and hopefully they will make you feel a bit better

• Posted

Well my doctor never mentioned me needing a repeat prescription, the side effect that scared me off is the possible heart attack, the first night (last night) without Zopiclone wasn't good as I couldn't sleep because of a vibrating \shaking feeling in the chest along with a warm feeling which I got without even feeling my chest on the left side.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.