I’ve got a lump on my neck/thyroid - should I be worried?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I am not really sure what to do. I have noticed a lump on my neck which is most visible when I turn my head to the left.

Here is a picture:

It feels hard to the touch but does not hurt or anything.

It feels like someone is putting pressure on my neck and it can be difficult to swallow.

I am not sure if this is linked but I have difficulty walking upstairs without getting out of breath lately and feel very tired all of the time, as well as very forgetful.

I am 20 years old. Should I be concerned?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Did you find anything out yet? This post is about 3 weeks old so not sure if your lump is still there. If you are only 20 and are fatigued easily, it is probably a good idea to see your doctor. Most lumps are harmless from what I have read. If you have been sick recently, that could explain the swelling. The forgetfulness seems like it would not be related, but I am not a doctor........ I do have health anxiety and lumps on my neck too which I do not have an explanation for YET. ENT appointment 6/28/23. Maybe I can get some answers then. Let's keep each other posted?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.