I've noticed these sore like pimples

Posted , 8 users are following.

Yesterday I noticed these medium/large pimples on the left of my labia majora and started freaking out. I've been having sex with this new guy for the past month now and it was idiotically unprotected, because I take contraception and trusted he was clean like he said. There were no signs of pain or itching before they showed up and now they've been irritated and have become open and sore. It's painful to the touch and hurts to wear underwear. I'm terrified it may be herpes or some sort of STD, but I haven't experienced any symptoms besides having these 4 individual pimple like bumps on my labia. I can't get tested for another 2-3 weeks when my health insurance comes through. Please help! If this isn't detailed enough then please let me know. I have been searching around the internet and it seems to be anything. 

3 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Do they look like ulcers now? I'm sorry sweetie, it does sound like herpes. Do you feel sick at all or worn down?
    • Posted

Not like some of the pictures I've seen online. They just look like a popped pimple would and I haven't felt sick or down lately. They just showed up yesterday or possibly the day before and then became irritated and painful to the touch.
    • Posted

Mine didn't look like that either. Those pics online are usually someone who is an immune compromised patient, like AIDs patients. If you read the descriptions of how herpes can present itself, it is in different ways, as each person reacts differently to herpes. The only other STD that causes pain full ulcers on the genitials is cankoid disease or something like that and that pretty much is not around anymore, at least not in first world countries.

So it took about 3 days from the first appearance of herpes, which was fissures in a cluster at first and one pimple NY my opening, till I started to feel worn down. This is just the beginning stage hun. I hope this is not the case but it is only going to get worse from here if this is your first ob. Are you itchy?

• Posted

Oh okay, well the yeah I'd assume they'd look like sores. But that's the other thing, they're not clustered. I'm assuming they don't have to be? They're all away from eachother and there's only 4 of them. This is my first experience with it, I've never had anything ever appear before. They don't itch either, in fact it's like they're not there unless irritated by something.
    • Posted

I only had one cluster come up.. Other ones were individuals. So you didn't itch prior to seeing them? You're not itching anywhere? It really dependa on how well your immune system handles the infection as well.

Over 80% of people either have no symptoms or are so mild, they mistook them for pimples, razor burn, thrush, jock itch, etc and never link it to being herpes, because they have minimal symptoms and not the "classic" symptoms you hear about. You will not know for sure until you get tested. Keep in mind, new infections test negative because your body hasn't built antibodies to it yet. My first test came back negative, second one 3 months later came back positive.

Everyone is different, but I've never heard of pimples that hurt so bad, underwear hurts.

• Posted

No I didn't itch before they showed up or now. It's possible my body is just reacting better to this than others. But I'm definitely still getting tested, probably more than once too.

That's why I'm not crossing out herpes or anything of the sort because I could just not be showing symptoms. But thank you for all you're help, I'm going to see how this plays out the next couple of days and see if anything happens.

• Posted

OK.. Well keep me tuned it z especially if it gets worse. So I can help you w some tips in easing symptoms. Hopefully this is nothing, but a fluke. Hope for the best, be prepared for the worsr., so as not to get crushed if it is bad news. Good luck and tey to relax. Do you not have any public/gov centers like planned parenthood in the states? You can get testes then a lot faster
    • Posted

I will keep posting on here as things progress. I'm definitely keeping in mind for the worst to happen just in case. But yeah we have planned parenthood, I was talking with a friend to see if there were any near us, I may stop in within the next 2 days to see if I can afford it if it's not free like some say. Hoping for the best!
    • Posted

Outside of planned parenthood, there are also government health centers that provide the same services.. Just google planned parenthood and/or government health services and your zip code and see what comes up. Planned parenthood is free.. That is the point of it. You need to go asap, because if it ends up being herpes, your primary ob could end up causing a lot of pain and getting worse.big you get on meds w in the first 72hrs of symptoms, the meds can help reduce healing time and severity of the ob... I wish I had gone same day . I saw on a wed morning I had fissures and it burned when I used the bathroom... I knew immediately what I had and I didn't go to the docs till Friday.. Girl... By Sat I wanted to die. And it kept getting worse.. I was surprised and thinking it wasn't gonna be that bad since by Friday I wasn't in pain or itchy yet. I had no idea that w in less than 12hrs, this thing would unleash its wrath like it did. It was horrible!
    • Posted

Oh no, that sounds awful! Yeah I'm going to go in as soon as I can and hopefully get this thing all sorted out! If it is what it is then I'll check back and see if there's anything else that can help with it if I'm having problems controlling it.
    • Posted

Okay update: I just took a warm bath for an hour and immediately upon getting out white pus started to come out of one of them. Is this good? Does it mean anything other than it just possibly healing?
    • Posted

never happened to me either but she also said something about her legs and feet so I don't think she has it. It wouldnt be there would it?
    • Posted

You're mixing up my post about nerve pain during my primary ob, w my post saying to Sidney, I've never had pus come out of my sores. I had discharge come out oduring my primary ob and during my period, I break out on the third day inside w one sore that does leave a discolored spot on the feminine product. That's the most "oozing" I guess you could say, but I've heard of others having weeping wounds.
    • Posted

No I didn't squeeze it! It just happened and it was only one of them, my labia started to swell a little too though.
    • Posted

Hmm... Sounds like your ob may not be over. Make sure you're bathing w Epsom salt. Helps w inflammation,swelling and crying them out. How is it today?
    • Posted

OK.. So I just read some stuff and it says that clear or yellow pus is in the ulcerated sores. I'm sure some peoples weep more than others. Be blessed that's all you got.. I remember one night, counting like 22 sores on me during my first ob. I remember waking in the middle of the night from itching so bad, putting on gloves to smooth on hydrocortisone to help w the itching and feeling how like 10 had popped up on the last 5hrs, suddenly getting nauseous and almost passed out. I think it was a combination from feeling malise from being infected and then being absolutely horrified and devastated. So it could be Mich worse. Make sure you do your best to keep that cleaned up and not leak on to other areas of skin, as it will cause it to spread
    • Posted

Oh my gosh I can't even imagine having that many of these sores. I really hope this ithing doesn't start because from the sound of it, it's nothing I wanna experience. I'm doing my best at keeping it from spreading. And to go along with the other post, no I haven't talked to the guy I had sex with about this, I want to go and get tested and then have this discussion because I want to make sure I know what exactly it is or could be before I go into it with him. I also want to know just how likely it is that it was him? Cause he's my first partner in a little over 6 months and the one before him was protected.
    • Posted

You are passed the stage of itching pretty much.. That happens as they are coming out and not ulcerated yet... U cannot believe you don't itch. Very strange. Good idea on holding out, until you know for sure.

1. Is there a chance you got it w the guy before him? Yes, either through sex or oral. Condoms only provide 30% protection from herpes and genital warts.. Lots of exposed skin the condom doesn't cover. I think if you did get it, you likely got it from this guy.

2. If it's hsv2, you got it from sex. If it is hsv 1, you likely got that from oral sex.

3. Why haven't you gotten tested yet?

4. Keep in mind that if it turns out to be hsv 2, he very well may not be aware be has it. Over 80% of people w genital herpes are unaware they have it, because they are asymptomatic or symptoms so mild, they don't link it to herpes or think it's thrush, jock itch, pimples, razor burn, rash.. Etc...

• Posted

Okay then that makes it a little and

1) no I don't think I got it from the guy before him because it was quite a few months ago only once and I know him personally so I know it wouldnt be him.

2) is there a way without tests to tell which it is? Doubtful but still asking

3)I called the planned parenthood and they're the cheapest without insurance is still $110 so I'm waiting for my check to deposit. I'll be tested by Thursday.

4) yeah I remember reading about it while I was looking up symptoms. But I just hope he takes it well when I do tell him!

• Posted

Nope... No way to tell, sorry. I do too.. He can't blame, but make sure you show him what I put, so he understands and doesn't jump to conclusions
    • Posted

I was wondering why I was so confused by what you had said. (I didn't have my contacts in which probably didn't help) Sorry
    • Posted

feelbroken i know u been helpful to so many people esp on tips how to take care of herpes outbreak, but telling someone u got herpes is up to the doctors or trained professionals after diagnosis confirmed. U come across a bit harsh. i dont know what the outcome for the girl here was, but dont assume that everyone with a bump on genitals has got herpes. i went through one discussion where u told someone "honey u got herpes" after she posted a picture. that's a bit harsh. it could be a bacterial infection, it could be ingrown or it could be herpes. Maybe u should be open to other possibilities too or maybe u should be prepared to provide counselling to the person because being told u have genital herpes is very depressing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.