Ia the medication working???

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone

I've been on citalopram for 10 weeks and and mitrazapine was added about 5 weeks ago. I realluydont seem to be feeling any better. Spent about 2hours being held by my mom at 29years old because i was so upset and again this morning. Rang the home treatment team and they said thry will bring my visit forward to tomorrow. Dont know what else to do anymore. Should the medication be working or at least be seeing some improvement by now?? Xx

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Have they given you the mirt for sleep?cool
    • Posted

Hi Lynne

Thanks for your reply. They have given it me for depression although i am getting enough sleep too xx

• Posted

I dont know why they have put you on that then the citalopram should be sufficient mirt is good for insomnia thats why I asked.

Go back to your doc tell then you dont think you need it and taper off slowley

Stay strongcool

• Posted

They tired to see whether the cit would help my depression but didnt so the mit was added. Thought with both something would help x
    • Posted

It can take up to 6 weeks for AD's to kick in If you dont think you are benefiting from either of them go back and speak to your doctor.
  • Posted

Hi kerry

I feel for you and know only too well what you are going through.

I'm wondering if your dosage may need increasing if your current dose is too low.

What mg of cit and mirt are you on? Depression can feel relentless and robs you of believing that recovery is possible. But you will get through this ♥

I hope you get relief from your symptoms soon.

god bless and a hug for you ♥

• Posted

Hi Lorraine

How are you doing? Im on 30mg cit and 15mg mit at the moment. The CPN on the phone this morning said she will speak to the doctor. Just really losing hope at the moment not like me at all. Thank you for you kind words. X

• Posted

Hi kerry

I'm on mirtazipine and venlafaxine it seems to work fairly well. Citalopram never worked very well for me. You should be getting some relief after ten weeks, therefore your meds combo isn't ideal and probably needs adjusting. I went up to 40 mg cit and kept waiting for it to work, after six months I was still no better. Don't stay on something for months if it's not helping. Wishing you better xx ♥

Don't forget. ..you will get better, don't let your mind tell you otherwise x

• Posted

Lorraine that what i thought something should be happening id like to think. Sometimes i feel a pain when i keep ringing the home treatment team, but not sure how long i can keep my head up for. Thats all i can think is surely i id feel slightly better. How are you feeling Lorraine?xx
    • Posted

Kerry ♥

I hope they review your meds ASAP. I honestly think a change is the way forward.

be interested to hear how your meeting goes tomorrow.

Thinking of you x

• Posted

Somethings got to give. I will post tomorrow and lets hope the CPN can suggest something. Hows your meds going Lorraine?xx
    • Posted

I will be waiting to hear! ;-)

I'm doing so much better since the venlafaxine was added 14 days ago. This is my first bout of depression and I'm now a year in! I blame wasting 6 months of this time waiting for citalopram to work. Mirtazipine and ven combined has definitely made me better. Now it's about building up my stamina and confidence. I have been indoors so long, going out seems weird and causes me to panic a little. This will pass and then it will be all systems go! Don't waste months on meds that don't work kerry. Goal is for you to get better without unnecessary delays ♥♥

• Posted

I can't add anything to what the others on here have said, just wanted to send you some love and a gentle hug . . .  hope you start to improve soon
    • Posted

I'm not doing too badly thank you, on Mirtazapine and Gabapentin, the mirtazapine seems to be starting to work, I've had a little more energy these past couple of days, sleep is dream filled but I'm hoping that will settle down eventually!  You take good care of yourself <3

>

>

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.