IBS.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am having time that my stomach will hurt and I will have brown water bowel movement then in a little while it will turn to just normal bowel movements. Does anyone know why. My stomach hurt so bad whenever this happens. Thank you

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Oh man!!!!!! I'm not going to be much help because I'm experienceing the same thing.... I actually just had a endoscopy and it showed I have decreased folds in my duodenum... but not sure if it's related... my gi doctor took me off gluten, dairy and fructose and it has helped alot.... although I don't have fructose malabsorption my body can't seem to handle it...... I wish I could help you

• Posted

If you suffer from constipation or dont have a bowel movement for a few days then this may be the reason. Loose stool builds up behind the 'blockage' and leaks out. It acts as a bit of a flush out method and the normal or harder stools follow through afterwards or a bit later. If you dont suffer from either though then it may be something different. Maybe worth asking your doctor for some tests.

• Posted

Try Turmeric capsules you need the ones with piperine, check it out online for gut problems, worth a try, also Kefir probiotic loads of info online.
    • Posted

Thank you Martin. I'll look into that. I just really don't want prescription medicines.

• Posted

Have you tired to cut out anything from you diet or has your GP said anything about diet like FODMAP? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.