IBS and Anxiety

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi

I hope someone on here can reassure me. Over the past week or so my anxiety has been sky high, it started that I got piles (they are getting better after a week) however whenever I find something new my anxiety hits the roof, then my stomach becomes upset (loose stools) then my tummy starts to hurt but this time every so often it is like a spasms like some it tightening my tummy then letting go after a few seconds. It is worse in the morning but then again so is my anxiety. Does anyone else get this feeling ?

Please help

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi gill, first you need to know what is causing the stress,then you need to pinpoint the time of day you get it. (the anxiety i mean) once you know this then find out a relaxation class near you and go - treat yourself to it, you deserve it!

• Edited

It's not uncommon for anxiety to manifest with physical symptoms like stomach discomfort, digestive issues, and sensations of tightness. Many people experience these symptoms during periods of heightened anxiety. Consider practicing relaxation techniques, deep breathing, and mindfulness to help manage your anxiety. If your symptoms persist or worsen, seeking professional medical assistance is recommended.

• Edited

Hey,

Sorry to hear you're going through this rough patch. Anxiety can really do a number on your body, including your stomach. I've definitely felt physical symptoms when my anxiety's been high—tightness, spasms, you name it. Morning anxiety is also a thing for many people. But, you know, I'm not a doctor. If these symptoms are new or worsening, it's probably a good idea to get a medical opinion. Hang in there, and take care.

• Posted

I'm really sorry to hear you're going through this. I'm not a healthcare professional, but I can say that anxiety can manifest in a lot of physical ways, including stomach issues. I've definitely had my share of stress-related tummy troubles. It sounds like your anxiety is feeding into physical symptoms, which in turn makes your anxiety worse. It's a tough cycle to goku break. If it persists, maybe consider talking to a doctor about both the physical symptoms and the anxiety? They can offer the best advice tailored to you. Hang in there!

• Posted

Gills43,

Anxiety and bowel disorders go hand and hand. Your stomach is connected to your brain. The majority of people with IBS/Ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease have issues with anxiety and depression. Please read the book Psychobiotic Revolution by Scott Anderson. I've had issues with Anxiety/depression and Ulcerative colitis for several decades and over the past 1.5 years I've have was having 8 BM's/day and passing small amounts of blood and mucous on a daily basis. My GI doctor put my on max dose's of Lialda with no relief. After reading the above book I was amazed at all the miss information I was hearing. The book had a huge amount of information that I was never informed of by the medical community. The book touted the benefits of a supplement called Sodium Butyrate and particular probiotics according to my condition. I backed up what I was hearing by reading multiple medical sources including the National Institute of health all of which confirmed what the book was saying. After starting Sodium Butyrate with an appropriate probiotic my symptoms stop almost immediately. I was shocked and dismayed that not one of the medical community told me about this supplement. one has to wonder if they are told to push expensive medication by the pharmaceutical industry. Together with this supplement I also changed my diet to properly feed my intestinal biome. There is really no side effects to the supplement and it's considered very safe. Give it a try and pass the word. Once your stomach is under control you most likely will feel less anxious.

Good luck

• Posted

hi gill, hmm interesting. the anxiety hits each morning and anything new, does your heart race or do you get any other symptoms? this sounds exactly like anxiety but what causes this everyday? what are you doing every morning to cause this. new things i can understand. just work it out and it may stop. if you have your heart race and it makes you feel shaky and very worried this is a panic attack, an extreme form of stress/fright. good luck i hope you work out what this is....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.