Ibs pain has changed location

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi, im 58, had ibs for 30 years. recently had every test under the sun to rule put other conditions. All was found was a polyp to be removed this week via colonoscopy , praying all will be ok

My ibs over last 3 months has been debilitating me , more than ever and is mainly causing SEVERE pain lower left abdomen radiating to and from it seems my groin area which feels very sore and painful.

Other conditions ruled out.

the pain in groin seems to go from there up to lower abdomen , down leg and around lower left region. I also have severe gurgling noises when pain happens.

Pain stops when asleep and as soon as i wake up, move around etc it starts. so so painful.

this area of pain is new to me as was always all over stomach and manageable , now its horrendous.

Now scared to eat in case it makes it worse and lost appetite due to nerves.

i suffer SEVERE anxiety which was heightened around the time this new pain area started , ,

this so painful and im sure is worsened by my anxiety - long story.

just need to know -

a) - does anyones ibs hurt in groin area almost as if radiating from there

b) - has anyones ibs changed location to one particular spot after many years ?

please no horror stories as already anxious about this and colonoscopy on wednesday 7th Feb.

very very anxious person. Also praying colonoscopy doesnt make pain worse or that pain is too bad for them to do it as its important i have polyp removed which was found on previous colonoscopy 4 weeks ago.

thank you.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi Alison, no i have no horror story just to say that's sounds really hard to handle. can i ask where the polyp was and whether they have got rid of it and pinched the skin, got hairs stuck or something else? what did your test say, i think you said it was a colonoscopy? any results yet? did you mention the groin pain when you went? i just hope they sort this for you not very nice, not very comfortable.....👎👎😖😖😖

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.