IBuprofen

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anyone taken Ibuprofen as a diviticilitis flair started,,just to head it off by putting a holdon the pain,or,even stopped it

1 like, 36 replies

36 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello Jacqueline

I hope you are doing well.

im still holding on.

No major problems for a while but still taking Co Codamol .

My son found a new (medicine) for me to take and it seems to work wonders for me

Its called Silicolgel.

I take one table spoon of this 3 times a day.

its suppose to line the colon/ bladder.

I spoke to the Dr about it and she was surprised no one had thought to use it for DD before 

You cannot get it on the NHS as it's not labled as a medicine 

Good old H&B sell it,what would we do without them.

I have never taken Ibuprofen so can't help you on that one

Kieran

• Posted

Hello Kieran, I'm doing better than hanging on, no pain since starting the

probiotics last August  Bit of niggle two days ago, but it's gone away

I probably drowned whatever was hiding in there 

Hope you aren't over dosing on the Cocodamol. Don't they bung you up?

Maybe H&B should run the NHS

Will have a look for the Silicolgel ,sounds like someting you could

use on the car, like engine oil

Jacqueline.

• Posted

I have tried some ant inflammitories at the start and also added extra probiotics and extra fiber. I have just recently warded off an attack by doubling down on mentioned helpers.i also add in softener and whatnot to get things moving swiftly out of colon. It worked and I didn't end up in doc office. I felt the twag and dull ache that precedes an attack and am amazed that I knowing my body took care of the problem. Yeah me. It seems we the people with this horrid disease need to figure it out. No one else seems to care......until it happens to them. 
    • Posted

Hello Sam,long time !!  Iv'e had no probs since I started the probiotics,

I adde Vit D as well. I feelt a slight twinge two days ago, so went minimal on food but drank loads .Atad more pain yesterday, so I did what i used to do ,went to bed, drank loads and lay on my back and did some "Brain to Pain " exercises Thought I would just ask about

the Ibuprofen,last night, but it won't be needed now, woke up this

morning PAIN FREE I hate prescription drugs with a vengeance'

and no longer take any Proof is in the pud Sam, we are doing O.K 

Hope you are good except for htis teeny twinge

PAIN FREE. 

• Posted

Hello jacqueline

I had a hint of flare up coming last evening and its quite scary isnt it!

I have managed to ward it off by taking Movicol at the first hint of slight pain and it has worked ok

I think some food was trapped in a diverticular pouch and the movicol did the trick by helping it through.

I was on co-codamol but it can cause constipation so now the doctor has prescribedTramadol.

• Posted

Hello Vera, it seems that we are a lot more in control of this damned

D.D with lots of help from other carriers I am not afraid of it now, as I was when it first raised it's ugly head. I have "Taken over" and don't stress myself about it any more , which I am sure helps

• Posted

Hi Jacqueline

I read that Ibuprofen is not good for our condition causing bleeding and constipation.

• Posted

Hi double J , you certainly know how to put the frightens on .I really was only going to take a couple . max. No need now .
  • Posted

Hi Jacqueline I take fybergel everyday to keep every thing moving smoothly and to stop food getting trapped in the pouches causing pain and flare ups, I don't advise Ibuprofen as it can cause constipation, I hope you feel better soon .
    • Posted

Hello Joy, Good news ,attack repelled, so Probiotics  1 .D.D  nil

I was just looking for an inflamatory tab, as anti biotics have to be avoided at all costs.Been trying to remember what I ate to set it off, as I am super watchful what goes in the top end   

• Posted

Sometimes there are hidden things in food that cause a flare up without realizing it, I,m very watchful as I can't tolerate wheat and gluten, I agree probiotics are a good way to go. Pleased your feeling better
    • Posted

Now Joy ,problem solved .I had a mad urge for toast . Bought a thick

sliced loaf, had toast two days , thoroughly enjoyed it. Will NOT do that again. Thanks Joy, feel better now I know what caused it

• Posted

I suggest trying anti inflammatory diet, similar to the Mediterranean diet. Used by people suffering from rheumatoid arthritis generally. Works for everyone. Cut out all refined sugar, limit fructose. I had pain post diverticulitis for 7 months. I did this diet for a month and it's taken away daily pain. I get twinges now and again. When I do I make sure to use the toilet. Lots of fluids daily. I have also used over counter ibs medication called.kolanticon. Its reducing swelling and bloating. Check first you can take it. It's not recommended with some prescribed drugs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.