Im addicted to dihydrocodeine/codeine

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi im AJ im 27 and addicted to dihydrocodeine. Ive been taking it for about 3 years. At first all i had to take was two 30mg tablets and was buzzing lol. Times have changed i soon built a tolerance to it and now i take about 13 in one go twice a day. Ive now started to buy off different websites as ive easily gone thru my 4 week prescription in a week n a half. I think ive only been taking 13 in about 6 months but cant be sure. Ive also brought codeine off these website which i understand that the daily limit is about 100mg less that DHC so codeine 240mg and Dihydrocodeine 340anyone know why? I dont mix the both tho. Shouldve started with this but i also have fibromyalgia and artritis and two loose knee caps due to muscles breaking down which is why these two drugs play a major roll in helping me with physio and exercise to get back to the person i was. I was very stocky and big for my short size but now ive completly disintegratesad. Anyone help me here? Peace AJ

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Alex. I was taking 10 at a time up to 6/7 times a day over a 10 year period. When I eventually ran out of resources I experienced the worst living hell you could possibly imagine. Trust me mate the only way out of this is to ask your g.p. to refer you to spectrum. Once there they will give you subutex which believe me is amazing. It cancels out the craving for dihydrocodeine and it makes you feel good. This happens instantly. It's like a miracle cure. The withdrawal from codeine can kill you if you suddenly stop. And if it doesn't it will take you to hell. You need to trust me on this mate. Good luck Yea.

• Posted

I also have fibromyalgia as well as other problems but the subutex is a pain reliever so it's all good

• Posted

Hi mark thanks for the reply. If you seen my first post i also have fibromyalgia so i feel ya pain on that bud. Ahh man its just tye feeling i hate that if i tell ky GP there just gonna make my life even worse! Its like ill be risking telling them whats going on and then they just want me to wein myself off of them and keep tabs on me you know what i mean? Thanks for your advice tho i think once someones ready to do it theyll do it. My old man passed away on the 16th of jan so right now is not a good time...i know that sounds like any other excuse but im gonna make a promise to myself i will soon. All the best mark. PEACE x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.