Inscional Ventura hernia

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I donated my kidney laposopic. 6 months out I developed a inscional abdominal hernia. Has anyone had one

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I had one following bowel cancer surgery, but it was quite large. They cut down the same scar, from just under my sternum to about my belly button. (I don't have a bb now!) They had to use a dinner plate sized mesh and about a year later it seems ok. A bulge, but my surgeon said it was what they call fat. Yours is probably much smaller and you should be fine! 
    • Posted

Wow. Mine is 7.9 centimes. How long was your recovery
    • Posted

Mine was 22cm! I was in hospital for 5 days and came home with 2 drains which meant daily visits from district nurses for measuring the fluid drained and change the bottles. You might not need drains of course. It got worse as I had cellulitis and an infection at the top of the scar, which meant more district nurses after another 5 days in hospital. But all that misery was just me and YOU WILL PROBABLY HAVE NO COMPLICATIONS! I had an infection after the first surgery almost 2 years ago, so I seem to be prone to that sort of thing. So, to answer your question, my recovery was fairly quick from the actual surgery. Let us know how you get on. (Btw, which country are you? You use centimetres.)
    • Posted

Hi john. That was big. So sorry you went through this. I just want to done I see the surgeon today the longer I wait the bigger it will get. I will let you know. It's just extends out like I am. Pregnant. I. Was so careful. I just can't believe this happened. Good part I did something nice for my sister.

Have a good day

• Posted

Hello Carole

You are one brave person.  I had incisonal hernia repair and abdominoplasty 13 months age.  Had 4 major abdominal ops before my repairs hence the added abdominoplasty.  My repair has been successful but in my opinion you need the best surgeon you can find, I left hospital after five days no drains needed no infection.  If you are in the UK I went to Mr De beaux in Edinburgh chair of the British and European Hernia society, his colleagues call him a genius hope you get a good outcome

• Posted

Hi Carol, I had a similar surgery with a similar problem after. I was cut almost in half for a kidney surgery which left me with a huge and horrible hernia. One question is yours on your flank or in the front abdominal region? It seems to make a big difference! The hernia will probably only get larger and more painful if left untreated. I have had two repairs and in need of a third already. Good luck with yours and I wish you the bestsmile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.