Is everyone cured?!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Everyone seems to have gone very quiet.....I am still struggling with this poxy frozen shoulder of mine, so far I've had 2 steroid injections that made no difference whatsoever so next up consultant has said we can try hydrodilation, I'm hoping that 3 steroid injections given in such a small time frame (all in a 4 month period) won't be too much....I was hoping that I would finally get to stage 2 of the FS where supposedly ROM is still bad but NO PAIN....I am 6 months in stage 1 and feel like it's never going to end.How's everyone else getting on?

0 likes, 113 replies

113 Replies

Next
  • Edited

Hey @Piper2022 sorry for the silence and Im sorry to hear the discomfort you're clearly still experiencing.

My shoulder issues started over a year ago but didn't freeze up until October. I've had a steroid injection which didnt do much and on the 20th June I'm having an ultrasound guided injection. In terms of pain, I'm nowhere near where I was in October. The ROM however is still very limited. I can now fasten my bra and blow dry my hair and each day I continue with the weights and exercises with my tension band. Both of which I'm confident have helped. My issue is that my left shoulder is now showing symptoms of how the right shoulder started, crunching and clicking with occasional discomfort. I'm not on pain relief so I'm in a good place really.

I know Colin is rehabilitating after more surgery (animal that he is) Not heard from Jon or Barbara for a while.

Are you doing any physio currently? What are you using for pain relief?

• Edited

Hey, thanks for replying. I'm doing physio but not as often as I'd like - financially just can't afford regular sessions.i do videos of YouTube for FS. I rub uddermint on to help with pain and I have allergies to strong painkillers so I can only use paracetamol and ibuprofen which really don't help with the pain so I don't take them too often.

That's good that you have seen some improvement, I really hope nothing is happening with your other shoulder

• Edited

good evening piper

i did post yesterday. was it there !!!!!.

had massive internet connection problems over the last 2 weeks i thought they were not getting through. hence asking if i was online to ya both the other week.

to Michelle gggrrrraaaarrrr. me an animal lol. more like a soppy dog..

so when are ya down to have the hydrodilatation. for me it was the only pain relief i ever got. if it in the right place.

being nosey how much is he charging. mine were £550 per go. the pain involved having this injection is nothing.

a good tip is on the morning go get a massage aimed at that joint. get it relaxed. get you relaxed. it will take better and not hurt as much.

i am actually going to ask the surgeon to do the right joint ( hydrodilatation ) again. thats 31 months old frozen. one hydrodilatation one surgery two steroid jabs and constant physio .

lol it just dont move any more. no pain. just dont move.

the left operated one is doing so good. now into my sixth week. that ache has gone. its just the capsule ache i have back from the ACR part of the operation.

still have the next 12 weeks off. i am so bored.

now to you. "look in my eye".

you can beat this. stay strong here and positive. please keep a diary and you can look back on how far you have come. it does improve. baby steps.

and i got a seat on the tube today with me immobiliser on. some one felt sorry for the old git with a bad arm.

colin

• Posted

me again lol

stage 1 stage 2 stage 3.

i never really knew at what stage i ever was. am i here am i there is it stage 1 could i be a 2. does it hurt could it be a 3. ooooo pain i must be still a 1.

never understood frozen shoulder time line with me. it was either i ache or i did not ache lol.

my only real go to weapon was the ice machine. killed pain instantly while

on. its worth the investment £110.

while i have been off i tallied up how much i have spent........... £21,000. leaves me still £10,000 in debt to pay.

colin

• Edited

hi piper-mint and michelle

here you go at the 5 week + marker and see how it healed.

i am a really good healer. i just cant heal FS lol.

7 weeks of egg shell care. the atrophy is massive. even the forearm has suffered and i still have that 7 weeks of nil by weight .

but on the good side its hot out. now walking to stay sane. up to the 20km + . out for five to six hours exploring the essex way

colin

• Posted

wow!

thats a really neat job there Colin. You get what you pay for lol.

Glad you're managing to get out for some general exercise. It's good for your mental wellbeing too!

You've come a long way 💪

• Edited

Hi michelle

thanks mmmmmm it bites me that you pay all ya life. then you end up going private. but on the whole scheme of things. what a fantastic repair he did. it is a centre of excellence for shoulders where i went. and yes it paid off this time i hope.

anyway how are you doing any news your end..

ya did not reply to me pole a few weeks ago. do ya or dont ya guard your arm while out in general. lol

this time around i am bored whit less. i am allowed to carry a 500ml bottle now. for the next 6 weeks. its killing me.

i walked the Essex way today. i did 25 km or 35,000 steps. now i know why john Wayne walked like he did. i will leave that there lol.

i have a zoom with the surgeon wed week. i just dont ache now. the left shoulder for the first time since dec 2018 is normal !!!!.

i am enquiring about hydrodilation to the right as its still crap. no pain just crap movement..

i tried the salt bath this afternoon. still cant see the benefits. have the skin tablets same as.

went to work to do training last week. in the office. still will not let me back to be office based.

so i have to sit in the garden and get a tan yay. no mental health there. out the house. out Lisa hair lol. while she is working i keep on bothering her ( bored ). .

colin

• Edited

its the animal again ( Michelle )

has anyone gone down the line of looking at supplements to help us.

at the moment i am taking hyaluronic acid and collagen to aid the tendon repair. its from holland and barrett. actually its timeless brand for nicer skin if that fails at least i will have smooth skin lol. but it has all that needed for me

and no i dont feel smoother in me complexion. nip that in the bud to start michelle !!!.lol

been reading about turmeric. any input form any one. have been trialling Epsom salts and salt with additives. to relax the muscles it don’t do nothing for me.

lisa want me in a bath of salt and pepper with herbs. sure she wants to cook me. and yes if i had that chicken on me head ( from running around the garden )as a remedy you could re name me stew- art.

yes still trying with a sense of humour .

on a serious note anyone read up on anything

next week in cressing its going to hit 30°. and poor me is off injured

colin

aka stew-art

• Edited

hey,I just want to say thank you both for your replies & posts,I'm really struggling with my mental health at the moment so don't feel up to a proper reply am going to the doctor today I think I need to go on HRT my anxiety is sky high, also my latest bloods came back with high cholesterol, low vitamin B12 & hypothyroidism so I'm trying to get that all under control,finding it very hard to remain in a positive frame of mind,take care of yourselves

• Edited

hey Piper, i'm really sorry to hear this. It sounds like we have had very similar experiences recently. I too was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, low B12 and menopausal last year. I went from being energetic, outgoing to almost a recluse. 2021 was a very difficult year for me. I saw neurologists a rheumatologist, lost count of how many tearful calls with my GP. I was at rock bottom, I literally lost interest in everyone and everything.

In January this year I started taking Sertraline 50mg and it has been a game changer for me.

I'm also medicating fir the thyroid and B12 issues and went on HRT.

Hang in there Piper, pain is a terrible thing and it sounds like you've got health issues coming thick and fast.

Help is available, don't be afraid to ask for it.

Always here for support. PM if you prefer.

💟

• Edited

thanks so much for this reply,I'll pm you once I feel a bit more able,very nice to receive such support from someone I don't even know thanks

• Edited

hi piper

google these for fibromyalgia. just been reading about alternative pain relief for FS and this came up

pure calms cbd gummies

supposed to be for all your problems hacking you off at the moment.

colin

• Edited

thanks Colin, I don't have fibromyalgia but I'll check out the gummies

hope you are doing well and seeing progress in your recovery

• Edited

lol

sorry piper. know ya have a few related issues. my apologies

i was reading on line about pain relief. it may be a cuckoo idea. just thought i would put it out there.

me i am bored whit less now. busy day tomorrow. surgeon meeting 2nd follow up. and spire progress physio as well. .

i know i have about 10 weeks to go to recover for work. yes they have lots if kitchens lined up and all the UPVC work as well.

i am going to enquire about the return to work with the surgeon to see his opinion. at least its sunnier now.

on an important note how are you doing

colin

• Posted

I hope your appointments went well Colin.what do they think about you letting you back to work sooner?. By the sounds of it you have a very physical job so I imagine they want to be careful that you don't overdo it by going back too quickly.

I mean to answer your question aswell hydrodilation cost is going to be €280.

the honest answer to how I'm doing is.... very up & down, good days & bad, I'm just trying to fake it till I make it!

• Edited

Hi Piper

you remembered lol. thanks

first about you. wow that was a cheap price for the hydrodilatation, worth every Euro, mine was £550 from BUPA each time, worth every penny and really the only active thing that worked so fast and lasted.

if you can please get a massage as all of us here are muscle tight and guard our self, it makes it that much pain free, and it really dont hurt, honest.

i have asked for another into the right shoulder to break up the scaring, i have lost about 40% active range still, no pain, just cant move the joint.

you tube kelly bramhald, she is a javelin sport person, go down to her injection a few years ago, give you an idea how life changing that 20 mins is to us ??.

me, i saw the private physio all good, saw the surgeon over the moon, went to spire physio yesterday, cant do no more till week 12.

i have been upgraded to a whopping 2kg weight, so embarrassing, its been drummed into me WAIT AND STOP, they gave me 4 exercises to do four times at 8 reps every other day, thats it no more lol,

back to work he laughed his socks off (i did try), i have to go back to spire physio 8th aug to be re assessed shoulder condition wise and surgeon on the 8th sept, thats the first allotted time to return to work !!!!!!!!!!.

they call it the oops moment when you over do it and tear the new fixation out of place, you sit there and go "oops". just cannot afford to go backwards for me good place.

colin

• Edited

there you go Piper, just as i was finishing replying, something was going on in the garden, went out side to see, flipping baby pigeon just flew up from side of the shed,

what do we all do instinctively, put up our arms, my next word would be deleted but f##k, that good place i was in mmmmmm.

done something, get back to ya

• Posted

in the next few weeks but haven't got exact date yet appointment us being sent out

• Posted

oh no,hope the pigeon hasn't done you any damage....sudden movements really don't go well with shoulder problems

• Edited

Hi Piper

could not write a book on me mishaps. lol

done so well so far. its sore. but not around the operation site. just tested it with a 0.5 kg weight seems fine doing an arm curl .

seems to be the rear capsule and deltoid. lesson learnt.

so so so easy to muck it up lol.

good on ya injection in a few weeks. drop of a hat would have one tomorrow. watch the you tube she gets so emotional post injection.

hope you have the same response to the jab. my radiographer made me do over head hand claps straight arms. its so cool

colin

• Posted

wow that would be so amazing an overhead clap.....its funny the things you miss, I was at a gig the other week and not being able to put both arms in the air or risk going too far up the front in case anyone banged onto my shoulder really peed me off.

• Posted

been there and done that lol at new year at the hotel trying to boogie holding ya shoulder

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.