Is everyone cured?!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Everyone seems to have gone very quiet.....I am still struggling with this poxy frozen shoulder of mine, so far I've had 2 steroid injections that made no difference whatsoever so next up consultant has said we can try hydrodilation, I'm hoping that 3 steroid injections given in such a small time frame (all in a 4 month period) won't be too much....I was hoping that I would finally get to stage 2 of the FS where supposedly ROM is still bad but NO PAIN....I am 6 months in stage 1 and feel like it's never going to end.How's everyone else getting on?

0 likes, 113 replies

113 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

Hi Piper

has your injection date come through yet. .

and hows everyone doing this week

colin

• Posted

Hi Colin, all good here thanks. I've got my guided injection and ultrasound next Wednesday. No pain now just limited ROM and a huge crunching and grating sound.

How's the recovery coming along? has Lisa had you doing any painting and decorating yet or is she going easy on you πŸ˜‚

Piper, I hope all is well with you. Sorry I've been a bit quiet, we were up in Scotland on holiday last week and I've been having some gynae issues that I've been backwards and forwards to the hospital for.

Currently sat with my feet up enjoying Wimbledon with a cuppa!

Would it be easier to set up a wottsapp group for us to all keep in touch?

• Posted

Hi Michelle

i did send a PM to you about the last sentence lol . it was hard. lol

its week 8. i have lost all direction during the day.

Lisa wanted me to rest but I just can’t sit around doing nothing. So I started to give the house a really good spring clean even that had issues with my shoulders.

wrung Out the cloth and nearly tore out the fixation part of the repair. I was warned by the surgeon never to unscrew anything with my bad shoulder I felt it tightened up but lucky enough there was no ping .

is it a NHS injection or have you paid. it will not hurt. such a cool feeling being jabbed

good holiday ??.

colin

• Posted

hi Colin ,yes I have apt for 22nd of July,so not too long to go.really hope it works for me.

hope you are doing well

• Posted

no sorry needed Looby, hope you had a good break away.

I'll be keen to know how your injection goes next week, I'm booked for hydrodilation in 3 weeks.

• Edited

hi piper

ho great ya both up for the injection . thats going to be an interesting 4 weeks comparing aches.

michelle was going to pm you about making it easier to mail each other.

its so much easier.

got your count down on the calender as well lol.

colin

• Edited

hey Piper and Colin!

so I've had another steroid injection, guided through ultrasound. The first one back in November was injected in the back kind if under my arm. This time she injected the front right on the bone.

She said the tendon was thickened and there was some wear and tear and inflammation.

Apart from some crunching of the shoulder and loss of ROM I can't honestly say I experience a lot of pain with it now.

I had the injection with local anaesthetic about 3.50pm and as of yet I've not noticed any difference. I'm an impatient bu99er!

The Dr said my ROM should improve so will have to wait and see. I can do much much more than I could when it first froze in October. Those first 3 months were hell on earth. I know you can both relate.

So enough of my woes, how are my comrades?

Colin, you still on with the physio?

Piper, how are you managing the pain and discomfort? Are you managing to sleep any easier.

Look forward to both your updates πŸ’ͺπŸ™πŸ€ž

• Edited

lol Michelle

been updating whatsapp every 15 mins so much easier

it was not a hydrolilatation then boooooo. they did not force the capsule boooooo.

think positive it has to work for ya. i had so much crossed i hurt. can i go a wee now lol

i have herd from top people that after a big injection you have to rest until at least monday morning .

which means no house work. no cooking. being waited on hand and foot. i have a bell for you to use if needed.

but you know where lisa said she would put it. where the sun dont shine !!!!..

now its down to piper to have your jab. Michelle mentioned to you about how we chat ( txt only) . its not in a bad way. its nice sounding off to a non family member. all be it we treat ourself as a small family.

it so helps. thanks Michelle.

me physio tomorrow 8.45am back on the rack. i dropped off GP request this morning to sign me off to 5th sept. i just cant afford to ruin this. i am in a happy spot at the moment. i just cant ruin it.

any way next week 29Β° . in the garden wasting time. in and out the hot tub ( physio only) lol.

c

• Edited

I really hope that when you woke up this morning that you noticed an improvement, I have everything crossed for you that it worked.

my sleep is still very broken, even though I've enough pillows in the bed to stop me rolling on shoulder but the pain really just intensifies at night.

I'm.counting down the days to my hydrodilation appointment and just sending positive thoughts into my brain that it's going to work - fake it till you make it!!

• Edited

Hi Piper

know your hurt about the night time. spent the last 2 years having to hug a pillow all night.

just to give the arm something to do and keep it in that position.

a happy spot now . i have gone 2 weeks now with out having to use it. now i van safely lay on the operated side . the other shoulder is behaving its self at last.

colin

• Edited

thanks Piper.

i woke this morning and other than a small bruise where the needle went in, nothing has changed. As I have mentioned previously, it's ROM I'm trying to win back and reduce the amount of clicking, crunching and grinding.

The sleepless, painful nights are the worst and I'm sorry to hear that things haven't eased up for you Piper. Let's focus all our energy and positive vibes to you and Colin being healed and pain free πŸ™πŸ€žπŸ’ŸπŸ’ͺ

• Edited

hopefully your ROM will improve, i know it can take up to a week for injection to kick in so you still have loads of time for it to take effect.

• Edited

Hi Michelle

yup finally i am in a good place.

pain free. about 80% ROM. i have paid out the ROM i did not mind losing some .

against not being in pain / ache. just cant even contemplate going backwards.

i have even remembered how to relax my shoulder now. that took 5 weeks post operation.

now 9 weeks post operation. i am collecting me injury note for work ( sorry not sick )lol . i hope for another 8 weeks. until 8th sept.

then i can do a phased return.

just purchased a big ninja smoothie maker. sitting in the garden with a banana smoothie . now to do some serious physio in the hot tub.

lol

both of you have a great weekend

colin

• Edited

hi michelle

my boss at work had bad knees and had to stop playing rugby.

he was told by the army physio ( his old job ) to take hyaluronic acid and collagen as a supplement for his joints and within three months he was back playing rugby with no issues

he told me to take the supplement post operation to see how it goes and actually in nine weeks my joints are kind of improved and I look 25 years younger lol.

just thinking outside the box for you as a different idea or approach to resolving your joint issues.

colin

• Posted

sounds promising. I'll look into it. was it just an oral supplement Colin?

could do with a bit of help to make me look younger πŸ˜†

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.