Is it possible I have hypothyroidism?

Posted , 1 user is following.

i’ve always had issues with the cold, what does past year has been the worst.

for example during the summer when it was over 80 degrees in my house I would sometime

s find myself shivering and cold. I would also have a massive dull headache which would cause me issues with concentration. this would occur once every 1 to 2 weeks. or I could treat this by taking a very hot shower and spraying the top of my head. this would cause me chills and feeling of pens and needles flowing down my body until the symptoms were relieved. then I’d be fine.

over the last couple years I’ve developed an issue with severe acid reflux.

but this last month has been the worst. I am nearly always cold, I some days cannot stay warm at night no matter how many covers i use. being cold is always accompanied by headaches. Hot showers have been less effective.

over the last few months I developed dry skin around my nose and on my ankles.

I had assumed that I was just very sick with something. I checked my temperature regularly and never had a fever.

I took about five days off of work and attempted to get rest and stay warm. however I only got worse, so I decided to go to the ER.

The doctor checked me and noticed that I was wincing in pain whenever he put press on my lower belly. even though I was wincing in pain I really didn’t feel like I was in a lot of pain.

they gave me x-rays and ultrasound and a CAT scan. The doctor determined that I was constipated and had a fatty liver.

however this is an account for my headaches and nausea and chills which are my most severe issues.

He ran some antibody thyroid blood test and sent me home.

The blood test came out within range.

how are investigate this further and I have a lot of family history with thyroidism. my grandma had hyperthyroid is him and my great grandmother and uncle had hypothyroidism.

I think it’s odd that when I get very cold and have these massive headaches that it is all cured by spraying hot water on the very top of my head. today’s the first day that I’m starting to feel improvement. I am finally going to be able to see my doctor but with a video chat app in a week. should I demand an ultrasound on my throat or other testing?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.