Is this Coronary Artery Spasm?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi: I was diagnosed with AFIB last October. One attack likely cold medicine induced but they put me on blood thinner and Beta blockers and I am managing that (no more attacks in almost a year thank God). But since that attack I am experiencing something new. If this is CAS then it is much more dangerous than AFIB.

It happens at nights (when I drink cold water or early morning after breakfast (when I am lying down on my left putting strain on my heart) about once a month. It starts by me having this weird feeling in my chest and stomach. Kind of tightness or burning like feeling of accidently swallowing water or a pill but I am not. I sweat sometimes too. My blood pressure suddenly rises from normal 120 to 200 in a matter of one minute. Sometimes I have fast heart beat for a few seconds then my BP gradually but fast come down to normal and the weird feeling in my chest goes away. The whole thing lasts 2 to 5 minutes maximum. Fortunately I have no pain of any kind. No angina (silent attack). It always happens at rest. I read about my symptoms and I diagnosed myself with CAS. I added CCB (Amlodipin) 5 mg to mt meds. But I read that for this condition Diltiazem is better.

Is this Coronary Artery Spasm?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.