Is this the beginning of the end!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hiya, I am 47 years old and have had what I think are early peri symptoms for maybe a couple of years, maybe longer as I wasnt paying too much attention! I am now feeling that things are beginning to change more noticeably now. My list of symptoms are

Chronic Fatigue (although I cant seem to go to bed before 1am!)

Palpitations

Loss of appetite

Loss of libido, to the point of being repelled!

Frozen shoulder for about 4 months, exercises from Physio helped.

Headaches, used to get once in a blue moon now it's every week.

Migraine, with vomiting x1 (never had a migrane before in my life)

Hot Flush x1

General aches and pains

Regular periods (although differing in flow) but then two bleeds in less than a month

Sudden loss of vision - now have to wear reading glasses

Pressure Pain under breastbone right under xiphoid process, really uncomfortable and leads to shortness of breath. Dyspepsia/Indigestion?

Occasional bloating.

So basically I am here to ask are these all normal symptoms of peri/menopause? Is it normal that these things come and go then return? Is there anything on this list I should be worried about?

Many thanks and can I add how glad I am that there are forums like this avaliable, its so nice to be able to go through this journey with others that are also going through it and are willing to talk and support each other through it. XXX

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

me too I also get dizzy spells now and my acid relux is at all time high:(

• Edited

i have all these and then some. i went through a period of not wanting to be here. its better but i cry a lot and have days of rage. my teeth hurt and im certain its from acid reflux and daily stomach issues. i have a pain under my left breast in the rib area and shortness of breath. ive suffered with health anxiety since this all started in 2018. i wonder everyday if this is my life now and how its just miserable.

• Posted

Oh ShoSgo46 I am sorry to hear that. I am lucky at the moment that I don't seem to be suffering too badly mentally...yet! I get very grumpy with the husband and cry at silly things like adverts and Disney films, also slight social anxiety especially meeting new people and driving! I do have a very, very chilled lifestyle though and I think that helps, there is no pressure on me. I do hope you are getting the support that you need and hold on to that thought that its not forever. Here if you ever wanted to chat/vent. x

• Posted

so weird. I have been getting that breast bone pain, ache and then shortness of breath.

• Edited

I've had some of the symptoms you mentioned, especially breast pain, pain under breast and shoulder blade pain. I've also been dealing with ovarian cysts pain. Not to mention all the aches and pains all over the body. My health anxiety is sky high these days. I always start thinking what if worst scenarios. This forum is the biggest help, knowing I'm not alone in this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.