It's that time.........!

Posted , 14 users are following.

So, hands up everyone who earlier today thought "ooooh, I think the tightness in my knee isn't so bad today".......and who is now sitting there thinking "damn and blast it is" lol! Please tell me I'm not the only one whose got something "as tight as a duck's bum" sitting in the middle of their leg. 

I'm 15 weeks po today........boy dont you just love this interesting journey we're on! 

3 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Ha. My hands up. I'm 7 week post op and doing well but it always starts throbbing and feeling warm from early evening onwards !! But. After saying that. The pain that I used to get from Knee is none existent . The discomfort I have now is tightness and throbbing in surrounding muscle , plus a bakers cyst at back of knee which causes tightness in calf . Can never work out if I've done too much during day or not enough lol !
    • Posted

I'm finding that it's a fine line between both!

Seems to me that once we take a seat on this merry go round we have to wait a while until we can get off lol! 

• Posted

Funny lol, yes I have tight as ticks bum. Not a nice feeling, I think it must be like a old fashioned corset , except on knee, they couldn't bend in them either.
  • Posted

.......and in my part of the world......huge barometer swings, last evening rain falling at a 5" per hour clip (fortunately we only got 30 mins of it) but more coming tonight. Everyone in the rehab facility where I am located is just miserable, you can see it on their faces. Pam, whether it's bones, soft tissue or nerves they are all linked in the healing process and until the cycle is completed it seems like something is gonna hurt, doesn't it. All you can hope for that this phase goes in a hurry and the next one is more mild
  • Posted

I had that at 11 weeks thought it had gone then bam back it came only lasted a few days though then went I am now 13 weeks
  • Posted

TKR was on 27th January - was up and down until 25th June then seemed to improve. last 3 days hell again - limping, got much warse as day has gone on, just taken ibrobrufen and massaged with oil etc but knee is boiing hot - tight band is back after about 6 weeks with none - so glad to have somewhere to moan - does this 'interesting journey' have an ending? Fed up - first day for weeks close to tears. Not sure how tight the duck's bum is but good description. Rant over. 
    • Posted

Speaking from experience - let the tears come, swear if you want to, blame everybody for everything, put a curse on the surgeon! Then start a new day tomorrow and carry on posting on this forum. I've said it before -it's been my saviour, and I've no doubt I'll be posting on it for a while yet.

• Posted

That's soooo funny its made me laugh cos I could have written that!!!! This morning I was thinking I should really be back at work but now im laid on the bed with ice pack on taken my meds and laughing at this whilst the belt round my knee pulls tighter lol lol
  • Posted

eSix months. . and that tight feeling still comes back sometimes, especially, if I haven't been walking or moving around.   . .but the numbness is easing off just a little. . giving me hope that it may actually one day disappear altogether!  Anyway, numbness is a LOT better than pain
  • Posted

Haha. Your description made me smile and yes, my hand is up too!  Except I knew that mine would be bad today as I did too much yesterday.

Not it sure what this duck's backside is made of but it feels like its steel which I getting tighter all the time .....!

• Posted

My hands up and im 1 week post tkr,lol 
  • Posted

Hi PAM, yeah gotta love it huh? I'm 9 months healing and my knee gets stiff if I sit to long, or keep it bent too long . Sometimes going up and down the stairs is uncomfortable but bearable ( thank goodness for the railing 😊) . Other than that and the cold weather, I'm good. Seems the cold weather affects the new knee. 
  • Posted

Ohhhh yes! I'm.going on a MUCH anticipated holiday on Friday, so on top of the usual day to day stuff, I've been cleaning Windows, changing bedding, sorting out suitcases.......it's only a week in Cornwall, but it's the prize my eyes have been on since my surgery 17 1/2 weeks ago! Add on today's physio, and fast forward to now, sat watching 24 hours in A&E with an ice pack on my knee! And I thought I'd been doing so well 😏

I don't know why I have to spring clean before I go on holiday, but I've always done it!

• Posted

Yes I do the same usually, I think it's because if I get burgled I don't what them thinking , ooh this is a dirty house wife, or word to that affect, 
    • Posted

It's so we don't have housework to do when we get back AS WELL AS holiday washing and ironing. Dont know many (if any!) of my female(!) friends who don't do the same. My hubby moans like hell about it.......but he always cuts the lawns before we go......hypocrite or what lol!! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.