Itching really making me feel down.. gp not offering anymore help

Posted , 2 users are following.

I went through quite a stressful time at the the beginning of the year which made my mental health spiral, from that I developed chronic hives, dermatographia.

my GP told me to take an over the counter antihistamine which helped my skin slightly but I was still coming out in red hot patches on my face.

she did a celiac blood test which included a igE and that came back normal.

she's told me I have chronic urticaria and the only option is to max out antihistamines, I got prescribed fexofenadine which has made my skin worse I take 180mg a day.

I phoned her yesterday really upset as my skin was burning and I was covered in scratches and she said my only option is to take the fexofenadine 4 times a day and stick with it.

I did ask if changing my diet would help and she said no, I have got a private allergy test booked just to be sure also.

I don't know what else to do, I'm becoming so self conscious of my skin which is causing me to stress out more.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

that sounds so miserable.. i'm kinda in the same boat. went thru . didnt stop the itching. allergy testing , nothing turned up that i was allergic .

i begged the allergy doc for a salve made from chrysanthemums is rubbed all over the skin from head to toe even on the bottoms of feet to kill any parasites. no luck.

then the steroid count down . start with 5 a day, 3 per day 2 . and so on. that really helped while i was taking them. when finished the chronic itching returned.

i have discovered that our water thru testing has califorms and other contaminants.

so treated the water from the well, adjusted to water softener and added UV light which kills 99.9% of contaminants. problem is the bacteria is still in the water pipes to the home.

still need to flush out the in coming water pipes using chlorine to kill all the bacteria.

still working on that

i take anti allergy pills daily and hydroxyzine is the only thing that really stops the itching.

im hoping once the bacteria is cleared from all the water pipes the system will test clean from bacteria.

i wake up in the middle of the night with hives and itching so extreme it's necessary to spray numbing lotion all over to stop the insane itching.

also i have shingles and psoriasis and well water has exacerbated that skin issue and many other efforts.

. so if you have any answers to control the rashes and non stop itching i would be delighted to listen ..

the allergist seemed to think that my hip implants could be the cause of the itching... so... great what do about that ... cant remove them all would not have mobility . ? i/d often thought of that to be the cause .. but nothing can be done about it.

the only next step for skin itching is kidney disease, diabetes, and yeast . its non of those i think its never really gonna have a answer and i have lived with it for a number if years.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.