Itchy Anus, But Only When I Walk?

Posted , 17 users are following.

I've been dealing with this unbearable itch for 7 or so months now. My anus itches but ONLY when I walk! It seems like the chaffing or friction activates the itching. Most people that I read about with this condition usually say that they get this itch most worst at night but this has not been my experience.

I love to hike with my dog but this condition makes it difficult to even go for a walk around the block. I am miserable. I am a 27 y/o female. I don't feel like this is a common issue for someone my age.

I have tried:

Cutting out coffee

Fungal cream

Wiping with water wipes

Wearing cotton underwear

Using a shower head to wash that area after a BM

Cortizone ointment

Calmoseptine ointment (worked at first but then stopped working)

Nothing thus far has worked. Does anyone have a clue what the cause could be? I have looked down there and there's nothing abnormal looking. No redness either. I want to fix the cause, not treat the symptom.

I plan to see a dermatologist to help me but that won't be for a while. Thank you to anyone that has any insight. I want my life back! 😦

2 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Next
  • Edited

Hi, have you been checked for piles? They can be a cause of itching. There is a new skin cream available which may help you. I will send you a private message

• Posted

I have not been checked for piles but I plan on soon. I thought that was normally associated with blood in stool, and I haven't had that issue. Thank you for the response!!

• Posted

i have literally the same!!! omg, i am dealing with this for two years, and you are first with similar symptom - itching only while walking. I'm sorry for my English, i am not a native speaker, but could we talk in private chat? I'm girl 24 yo. It really destroy my life, I would be happy to share with somebody my story and maybe help each other to find solution for this problem

• Posted

Hi, Ive been dealing with the same thing. I'm desperate. Is it ok if we talk in private chat?

• Posted

Hello kellykris and katy712, I am 28 years old and I have the same problem, my anus itches like a chafing pain when I walk and when I lay in bed, and I feel like my life is ruined. I used to love walking, now I hate it and I feel extremely miserable. I think I know what caused it but I'm not entirely sure, all the doctors have no idea what's wrong, I have had this problem for 2 months and I feel like it will never go away.

Is there any hope?

• Posted

Hi everyone!

I have the same problem for 2 years now. I tried everything and I saw a lot of doctors without success. I feel so depressed because of that. I stay at home because when I do activities it's getting worse. I would like to know what disease I have, what we have....I hope there is a treatment. Let me know if you find a solution. Thanks

• Posted

I am also suffering from the same problem. The itch appears only when walking. as soon as I sit down it goes away. i end up having to put vaseline down there and then this sorts the problem, but I dont want to be doing this for the rest of my life and I dobt want to mask a problem that may be affecting my health.

I have suffered from threadworms in the past but ive treated for these again and surely if it was this, id have itching when sitting and at night (which i dont have).

I have also tried creams and suppositories for piles, anti-fungal creams and no luck.

• Edited

Hi

I have the same issue, it started a year ago after prolonged diarrhoea caused by antibiotics.

any advice would be greatly received.

Tried everything related to piles subscribed by Dr.

Help xx

• Posted

Hi,

I've also had this same problem for well over two years now - I'm a 23yo male. I am in severe discomfort only when moving i.e. walking. When I am sat down I am mostly fine but can still feel slight irritation most of the time. I've tried everything - anti fungal cream, treated for threadworms, steroid cream and nothing seems to work. It is starting to ruin my life and I'm now trying to see a dermatologist privately to get an actual diagnosis. If anyone has any insight please reach out.

Thank you.

• Posted

I am a 20yo male with the exact same symptoms as yours. I have used a number of creams too which have not worked. What did your dermatologist say? Did you find the cause and a cure?

• Posted

Hello mate, so sorry to hear you're struggling as well. Whilst i haven't found a cure, I have learnt how to somehow live with it which has significantly improved my wellbeing.

After going to the toilet, (when possible obviously) jump in the shower and make sure your anus is completely clean and no excrement is left. I'm fortunate that I have a detachable powerful shower head that does the job well. I shave the area as well so there is no hair around my anus whatsoever. Then pat the area completely dry. Every night before bed try and do the same by jumping in the shower.

Whenever I feel some itching when I'm walking and out and about, I also simply just pull my cheeks apart (this obviously has to be done quite subtly but I'm at the point where I literally don't care anymore). This relieves the itching for me significantly as I believe its the chafing which causes the problem.

So for me the key is no excrement around the anus, keep the area clean shaven and as dry as possible, and try to prevent chafing by pulling your cheeks apart to relieve the contact.

Hope that helps. This is what has worked for me!

• Posted

Thanks for the advice mate, I appreciate it. Over the last two weeks, I have completely cut out creatine (which I was taking for the gym) and caffeine (no coffee whatsoever, had one or two energy drinks), and my irritation has pretty much disappeared. I haven't had to use any special creams or do anything different, for example I have not had to shave the area. I may still itch a little, but nothing out of the ordinary. Obviously I haven't found a cure or anything like that, and two weeks is too short a period to make any sweeping statements. I shared this in the hope that it could help you and others.

• Posted

I saw a dermatologist. He doesn't know what it is so he gave me an antifungal treatment and another against worms and parasites. If it doesn't work, he told me that can be neuronal... All theses problems also started when I'd had worms but I'd already had a treatment...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.