Jackpot

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have finally had the courage to do the hoovering todayrolleyes, 3 months on since the op, and ........... had sex as well.redface  So completely back to full working condition.  Just need permission on Monday at my post op check up to pick up the dog and I am sorted.  Have had a fantastic journey through recovery and having the op was definitely one of my better decisions.

Wishing everyone a splendid recovery.

Love

Jacqui lol

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hee hee you do make me smile. Thanks Jacqui you have definitely kept my spirits high with your positive attitude. smile x
    • Posted

Hi Froggy

So glad I help brighten your day, hee! hee! I drive my hubby mad, being a depressive having a wife that is always hyper cheerful can be a bit wearing on the nerves!  

Hope you are doing well and enjoying your recovery.

Love

Jacqui lol

• Posted

Great news Jackie. You have had a great journey. Well done you with your positive attitude and great zest for life. 

I am too doing well. 11 weeks post op on wed and back to work on 29th. Attempted sex twice and getting there. Still feel a bit on edge though. Scar looking great and apart from a little tiredness and constipation feeling well. 

Thank god it's all over

love to Ian and Rosie. 

Love lee, Max and poppy xxxx

• Posted

Hi Lee,

This will be my 2nd week back to work.I did 3 hrs for 4days last week.It wasn't too bad apart from really aching all over the 2nd morning and a bit of back ache on Fri.Sitting at a checkout for 3 hrs is too long,i need a stretch in between.I was offered the same hrs this week but i thought that was a bit naughty to agree to that so i have offered to try 4 hrs.I am doing 4 hrs Mon,Tues,Thurs & Fri and i am doing 3hrs Sat.I nirnally work every other Sat and this will be my first since my op and as we are normally busier on a Sat my manager only wants me to work 3hrs.My hrt seems to be working ok.I don't get the hot flushes and i am sleeping a bit better.Time to get up.

Take care

xxx

• Posted

Hi Poppy

Many thanks for your good wishes.  Very glad you are doing well.  It is very unfortunate that you have had to cope with the problems menopause (I hated the menopause, and so loved my HRT was very sad when I had to come off of it and then straight into menopause!)  brings straight away but your HRT worked well for you, sometimes it takes ages to get the right one.  

Hasn't the time gone really quickly, I cannot believe you are back to work on the 29th, it is amazing.  Are you looking forward to it?    

Tee! hee! poor Ian was very nervous about sex, while I was like a prize race horse!  Don't know what Mr El Gorigor my surgeon did but considering I have felt nothing down there for at least 3 years (too much bladder and bowel in the way!) - well he must have pressed the 'red' button.  I was like Ian's cheerleader!  Shouting 'go on boy, you can do it!'  Poor Rosie was frightened and kept jumping on the bed to save me. We have only had her a year so of course she has not heard her mummy making such strange noises before!  Oh we did laugh!

Is your hubby glad it is nearly all over?  It was a shock for the poor men, but we have pulled through!

Love to your hubby, Max and Poppy.

Love

Jacqui lol

• Posted

Hi Jacqui,

good to hear you on the jackpot trail, well done you.

i am 4 weeks post op and feel a long way off my jackpot, doing ok really not much energy.

just wondered if you or anyone has problems in a car as find the vibration and bumpy roads cause quite a lot of pain.

I've still got that horrible discharge but from discussions from our ladies on the site this can last quite some time.

i am doing a little more pottering, hoping to get into a bit more shape soon but my physio lady has restricted very much but says walking ok and to build it up.

just to say you have been marvellous to many of us bless you with your input. Wishing you the very best.

love Ann

• Posted

Morning Ann,

You are doing great.4 weeks is still early days.I am 10 weeks post op op Tues.I only saw someone from physio once and they were not very good.Don't let them restrict you too much.You will know what you can do.I was out and about within 3 days of coming out of hospital.The 5th day i was out and about 6 hrs walking round shopping,even pushing a supermarket trolley.I felt fine.As for the car journeys use a cushion under the seat belt.Again i was lucky there aswell as i only needed this for a week.We are all so different with our recovery.

Take care.

• Posted

Hi Teresa, Thanks for your message,, so glad your doing so well, you are right each one of us has a different recovery rate, I am hoping to feel much more myself soon and looking forward to getting some decent clothes on, I have a wedding to go to in around a month followed by a family holiday!

Hope all continues to go well.

love Ann x

• Posted

Hi Ann

Thank you for your lovely words, it is really appreciated.    You will find as you increase your walking, gradually your energy will come back.  As you get the muscles working it seems to power up the body.  

That sounds very painful being jogged about on the bumpy roads.  I only had a problem on the day coming home from the hospital, they have introduced speed bumps in the hospital car park and that was very scary.  

Hopefully we will get some lovely sunshine and then you can have a lovely summer increasing your energy and your sun tan.  Hope you are doing your kegels!  

Keep up the good work.  

Love

Jacqui lol

• Posted

Hi Jacqui, I think your right, I do need to do more walking to power up.

i think we should have our own TV channel, a bit like the old woman's hour on the radio and I think  you should be the presenter, we will spread love and advice on all subjects that only women want to talk about, there are no two ways about it when a forum like this is available there is a great feel good factor in the air and support system.! 

Of course you could be too busy with your jackpot activities!

love Ann

• Posted

Hi Ann

I love it, when do I start? razz I think that would be the bestest ever job in the world!  Don't worry I can always fit in 'jackpot activities!'  rolleyes

So go girl, get walking, find a few lovely spots so you can enjoy the scenery, or even round the shops looking at all the clothes whatever makes you feel good while you are walking.  I chat away to Rosie when we are walking along, and I point out all the wildlife to her, and she stops and looks and her eyes get wider and wider with wonderment, I get such a buzz out of it.  Of course people passing think I am a 'luney tunes' but as I have gone completely wacky with my clothes since I have been fixed I might as well go the whole hog!

Seriously though Ann I think you will definitely start to feel a lot better when you walk, and you can do no harm, as you get fitter throw in a few flights of stairs here and there and you have a complete Cardio workout that is safe and costs nothing!  

Do you know I really really love your idea about the TV show!  Hee! hee! they would never get us off air would they?  cool

As soon as it stops raining off you go left right, left right, then right left, right left!

Love

Jacqui lol

• Posted

Hi Jacqui, I think you would be great too! I am always thinking up ideas for tv shows and books, maybe with your humour you should write a funny and suportive handbook.

I do a lot of research and writing on Renewable energy and climate change so this takes a lot of my time at present.

So I do need to get off my computer and get marching, I will start the staircase tomorrow and build it up!

Have a lovely evening, lots of love Ann xx

• Posted

Hi Ann

I will leave the writing to you, as you are tops on research, I will just look wacky on the screen and be supportive when you need motivation to get walking.  

You could do 1 hour on the computer, then half an hour walk, with 5 stair cases, then back to computer etc.  I think that would work great and probably you will find you have more energy for your research as exercise helps the brain cells.  

Hee! hee! I look forward to hearing your progress, keep at it!

Love

Jacqui lol

• Posted

Congratulations Jacqui !

You are 99% there.If you get the go ahead tomorrow go and treat yourself to something nice to celebrate.Don't give up with your pists,we all enjoy reading them.

Good luck

xxx

• Posted

Sorry my posts came out wrong.I haven't woken up yet.
    • Posted

Hi Teresa 

Thank you for your good wishes.  Glad you enjoy my little wacky comments, never quite sure if I have gone too far, it is just that I have a very silly sense of humour, and having come through this three year journey, I am starting to see the funny sides of the human body!   I have taken your advice and have a lovely treat waiting for when I return.  

I am hoping I get permission to pick up Rosie, and can Zumba, if so I shall be flying around the living room with Rosie in my arms!  That is after I have kissed and hugged Mr El Ghorori for piecing me back together again. Not sure how hubby will take that! Gosh the things that go wrong with womens bodies!  Still we are all getting through it so haven't we all done well. 

Love

Jacqui lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.