Jackpot

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have finally had the courage to do the hoovering todayrolleyes, 3 months on since the op, and ........... had sex as well.redface  So completely back to full working condition.  Just need permission on Monday at my post op check up to pick up the dog and I am sorted.  Have had a fantastic journey through recovery and having the op was definitely one of my better decisions.

Wishing everyone a splendid recovery.

Love

Jacqui lol

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Jacqui

So pleased to hear you are fully recovered.  I was very lucky as well as I had no problems with my recovery.  My only worry was that, after a traumatic split from my husband of nearly 30 years, I was on my own for 18 months during which time my prolapse was diagnosed cry but I also met a lovely mansmile.  I had to tell him about my problem and thought it might put him off!  But two months later when I had the op he was brilliant and took care of me over the whole 6 weeks recuperation.  I really feel I have won the jackpot as well and even though I was terribly worried about the sex side, all has turned out absolutely fine.  

Good luck to all of you out there with getting through this difficult time!

Love

Sharon

• Posted

Hi Sharon

Thank you for your kind words.

Oh I am so pleased for you, it really proves how good your man is when they have to help see you through something like this so early in a new relationship.  Hang on to him Sharon there are not many nice ones around, might you most of the ladies on this forum seem to have very helpful hubbies, so we are all lucky.  It cannot have been easy for you having to pick up the pieces after you split from your husband.cry  I think you have done wonders.

Isn't it scary when a prolapse is first diagnosed?  I wondered what the hell had happened! rolleyes  I remember running all the way up to the surgery!  I laugh about it now!   Tee! hee! I thought my insides were falling out!  Well I suppose they were in a way!  

So glad you have had a good recovery.  Hasn't the recovery time gone fast, I cannot believe it.   It is wonderful to have this forum and the support of all the lovely ladies, it helps to know you are not alone through this scary journey.  

So pleased for you Sharon, take care.

Love

Jacqui lol

• Posted

Hi Jacqui

Thanks for your kind comments.

It made me laugh when you mentioned about your insides falling out.  I'm a regular runner but during the time I was waiting for my op my daughter refused to run with me.  She said 'don't be silly mother, it might all fall out!'  Anyway I'm back to running again despite being 62 with arthritis in my hip but hey-ho I'm going to carry on till I can't do it any more.  I just feel great to have got back to good health and my life getting back on track.

Best wishes to you and all the other ladies on this wonderful site.

Sharon

• Posted

Oh Sharon I have been creased up thinking about you running with it all trailing behind you! redface Sorry my sick sense of humour!  Your poor daughter probably was always on the 'lookout!'  Amazing that it it supposed to happen to 1 in 3 of us ladies and I had never heard of it before it happened to me.  My poor husband was even more frightened than I was!

I think it is absolutely brilliant that you run even with your arthritis, which must give you extreme pain at times.  Doesn't it give you quite a buzz when you are exercising nothing like it at all!  I hope your daughter is back running with you now.  

I hope I get the all clear this afternoon to start my Zumba, I have missed it, but I shall keep my flights of stairs in my programme because I seem to have become even fitter doing them.  

Happy running Sharon, you are a credit to all of us.

Love

Jacqui lol

• Posted

Hi Jacqui.   You have done so well with your recovery.  Glad to hear everything is now in full working order. 😍.     I m still sometimes getting just a little bit of pinkish discharge after sex but that's from the haematoma.  Been on holiday for the last ten days and happens far more then but hasn t made it any worse.  What is it with men and hotel beds!      Still got another eight days here in the sun.  Hope all goes well tomorrow with the appointment tomorrow.  Xx
    • Posted

Hi Clarissabelle

Oh please send us some of your sunshine, it has been raining for the last two days in Norfolk!  

Thank you for your kind words.  

Ah nothing like a good hotel room to get the hormones going.  Tee! hee! at least you are getting good practice!   lol

I really hope your haematoma sorts it's self out soon, it must be a real nuisance for you.  

Enjoy the rest of your holiday, and I am glad your hubby is keeping your exercise up!  redface

Love 

Jacqui smile

• Posted

Hi Jacqui, just thought I'd let you know I am doing great nurses coming out each day to change my dressing I have some leakage but the cut is clean and really neat, had no pain only slight discomfort if I stand to long but its early days.the district nurse was annoyed that I was discharged with no dressings and has put a complaint of poor discharge into the hospital . Did you have any leaking and if so how long did it last......sue
    • Posted

Hi Sue

So glad the nurses are looking after your interests, they do a superb job don't they?  It sounds like you are doing very well, keep up the good work.  I didn't have any leakage but everyone is different.  

It is smashing that you have no real pain.  How long will you have the nurses visiting you?

Love

Jacqui smile

• Posted

Well at the moment they are coming everyday but hopefully that will ease off soon, going to see surgeon on 13th July for my results.
    • Posted

Hi Sue

How is everything going?  Hope you are feeling well, how is your leakage doing?  I hope everything goes well for the 13th.

Love

Jacqui lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.