Skip to content

Hysterectomy

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • phoebewhite 5

Anyone else's tummy changed shape?

Forgive me if I have touched on this subject before, I can't remember if I have or not. I had my total hysterectomy (LAVH & BSO) 2 and a half years ago now, I have been having terrible problems with weight gain (am working hard to lose it) but has anyone else (similar time post op)  noticed that

12 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Karmaway 4

Bleeding after partial Hysterectomy....

Hi ladies, has anyone else experienced a small bleed after their partial hyst? I had my uterus removed and everything else left. I didn't bleed at all from the op but have nod on the day of my period had a very small bleed. Just a few spots! I emailed my consultant and she said this was normal and

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Karmaway 4

Bleeding after partial Hysterectomy....

Hi ladies, has anyone else experienced a small bleed after their partial hyst? I had my uterus removed and everything else left. I didn't bleed at all from the op but have nod on the day of my period had a very small bleed. Just a few spots! I emailed my consultant and she said this was normal and

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Glennie68 4

Post hysterectomy numbness

I am now into my 5th week of recovery - and doing OK. I had a large abdominal cut (bikini line) - and I know they will have cut some nerve tissue when they opened me up - but I have no feeling from just below my belly button to where I was cut for the whole length of the inscision. Does this

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • e15416 1

Colpocleisis (Closure of the Vagina)

Hello My mother has opted for a Colpocleisis instead of a hysterectomy to fix her prolapse because of the simplicity of the procedure and quick recovery time. She's 60 years old and has had two previous major surgeries (her lung and large intestine). She recently told me that she would not be able

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • cris1180 2

Hysterectomy after cervix removal

Hi! I'm 36 and was dignosed with cervical cancer in early stage. I had my cervix removed 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately, the doctor said that the womb has to be removed as well for safety reasons. He also said that he would perform an abdominal hysterectomy because laparoscopic intervention is not

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • angeb777 2
  • kristen 1978 1

total abdominal hysterectomy

I had a total abdominal hysterectomy 8.5 weeks ago and tried to go back to work but the pain is getting worse now and not better. I'm going to see my surgeon this week and ask for another 4 weeks off. Anyone else have similar problems? I work long hours 12 at a time and am on my feet doing heavy

• Karmaway 4

Hysterectomy

Hi ladies! Can anyone recommend an app for tracking hormones rather than periods as obvs I'm not going to have any any more! I have a period app and guess I could just enter the info there somehow, say just put a period in even though I don't have one? What does everyone else do? Thanks x

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • phoebewhite 5

UTI's after hysterectomy

Is anyone out there in post hysterectomy land suffering from recurrent UTI's since having your hysterectomy? this is something I never suffered from before but is happening now, just wondered if it is another thing us ladies have to put up with that we arent warned about beforehand.  Thanks. Phoebe

23 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • sarahc75 2

Hysterectomy due to large ovarian cyst

I'm 41, never had children and am now facing a hysterectomy! Following months of pain, I was finally diagnosed with a large ovarian cyst and now require a full hysterectomy. Safe to say I am terrified. My pre-op is on 21st April and surgery on 27th. Can anyone offer any advice? Thank you x

21 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Glennie68 4

Painkillers post abdominal hysterectomy?

I am now into my 3rd week post total abdominal hysterectomy with ovary removal. I stopped taking the really strong painkillers about a week ago - and thought I was done needing to take anything. Found now I am getting very uncomfortable at the end of the day - my scar gets very twingey, I get

11 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Ashrose85 2

Can a hysterectomy help my severe cystitis

I've been having severe bladder issues aside the endometriosis. I've had several bladder detentions done for cystitis and 3 laps for endometriosis. Now my bladder is so painful and I have trouble peeing or have intense pain. I have been told the endo may be growing around or near my bladder. Has a

11 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • christine079 1

7 weeks after hysterecomy

I had a abdominal hysterecomy. This is my 7th week after surgery. I feel better and came back to work on Tuesday but my hips and my stomach(from the top of my belly button down) is still swollen and sensitive. I had a c section cut. I'm just trying to see how long the swollen will last. I can't fir

8 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Karmaway 4

Laparospic Partial Hysterectomy....advice!

To all you ladies who are terrified or unsure about having a laparospic hysterectomy as I was! Please find some help in me saying it's the best decision I made! Everyone is different of course and everyone needs to make their own decision. Although I am only 1 week post op I can feel the benefit of

2 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • lyn82834 2

Post laparoscopic hysterectomy

I've just had a total hysterectomy - uterus, ovaries, tubes and cervix. I'm feeling great.  My gynaecologist has agreed to my continuing Estrofem.  I'm wondering what changes there will be to my body after withdrawal of progestogen.  I'm 66 and have been on HRT since 50.  Had endometrial thickeing

• Esmay 3

TAHBSO

Hi, I'm 49 yrs old and on 7th April I'm due "The works." I have two fibroids one about 8cm the other not far behind and have suffered with painful, heavy, prolonged periods for who knows how long. One problem I have is I'm not sure I want or need my ovaries removed. The consultant said they'd take

74 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Karmaway 4

I am ill and due to have a partial hysterectomy on Wednesday! Ugh!

So I've been waiting for over a year to get a sub total hysterectomy! Finally I have a date and now I go and get ill!! I've had a stinking cold and fever all last week plus had a uti which is now clear. I still had a slight temperature yesterday when at out of ours Drs. Has this happened to anyone else?...

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Glennie68 4

Hysterectomy soon - consultant changed?

Well I finally got to see my admission paperwork today for op on 21st April - after a chat to PALS - God knows what happened to the postal copy- I had the letter e-mailed to me. 1 thing stands out like a sore thumb - I now appear to have a totally different consultant doing my op. Has this happened

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • spina86 1

having hysterectomy in september but in pain

hi, ​my name is cassie and i have endometriosis, i am scheduled for surgery september 11 2017. the past few weeks i have been getting really sick. here are my symptoms: ​currently on cycle but severely heavy dibilitating cramping diarrhea weakness nausea/vomiting ​cant eat but starving dizziness

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Bellelouise 2

Infection/Fluid collection

Am in my 5th week post op tah and have been having pain and discomfort on right side. Thought it was me maybe id overdone it but went to gp yesterday and its either an infection behind scar or fluid collection. Am on antibiotics as first try, so giving them 48 hours but dont think they working. So

4 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Nanny to 5 4
  • reece92026 2

Multiply large fibroids and lots of small ones

As I deal with all the pains and problems of the many fibroids I have, I am realizing they could be to blame for a number of things. I have had severe pain in my belly button that is so painful I can not let my pants touch it. When I sit down the pressure on it is so intense I have to lean

• lisa32810 2
  • reece92026 2

Hysterectomy soon, so scared please help!!!

I am 41 years old and have four 4.5cm fibroids, one 6cm fibroids and about it 10 to 15 small ones that were visible on the ultrasound. I had a myomectomy in 2006 to remove four fibroids. I have had back pain, stomach pains, bladder issues, constipation and inhad no idea this was all caused by large

23 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • Dund 1
  • Glennie68 4

Infected incision and heavy feeling.

I had a total abdominal hysterectomy and ovary removal last Friday. Yesterday I went back to my GP as I was in a lot of pain at the sides of my bikini cut inscision as well as it feeling warm and gummy. It is infected and I am on antibiotics - back to hospital tomorrow. The other issue I have is an

13 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • karen43902 2

Total hysterectomy

If you have everything removed do you go through the menopause quicker than someone who goes through it naturally? surely if there's nothing inside you it will be quicker 

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • kayla62763 1
  • kim78797 2

womb prolapse

Hi, this is my first posting here i am new to this forum.  If i have posted in wrong place i apologise.  I have what i suspect is a womb prolapse, i saw a GP who has referred me to the Gynaecologist.  I have a two month wait for that appointment so have come here to see if anyone can answer a

14 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • charmaine52291 3

TAH Weight gain or loss????

Hi everyone. I like to find out how many of you Have gained weight after a TAH. I have to go for hysterectomy because of a enlarged uterus and 10-10cm fibroid! Don't want to gain weight!!!! Thanks so much. May God bless

13 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • leslieleshea 1
  • Tracychapman1 2

Hyterectomy

Hi I had a hysterectomy on the 2nd of april it all went ok was looked after well,and was lucky to have keyhole surgery it's been three weeks now,and dispite the border and still felling uncomefatable due to the stiches,I have a numb feeling in top of the inside of my leg not sure if I should go to

• Happysnappy 2

Esmya side affects

hi  I have been taking Esmya for two weeks for the reduction of two large fibroids, this have been causing me issues with a lot of pelvic pressure, however I have never really had any issues with bleeding. SInce taking the Esmya I have been having painful cramps around the area of one fibroid and

2 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • JVA1 3

Bowel movements 5 weeks post op

Hi, I'm now 5 wks post op and still seem to be having bowel issues so I just wondered if anyone experienced this and how long it took to sort out? My bowel movements seem to have slowed right down and in order to get them into action I'm having to take senokot each time, drink coffee or prune

13 replies 1 vote Last reply
Back to top Next

Forums Terms & Conditions