Skip to content

Hysterectomy

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Help?

Have a surgery for a hysterectomy in two weeks. But in the meantime still having my period every two weeks. I have endometriosis. When I start my period I’m soooooo tired is this a symptom with you ladies that have experienced this. 

Last reply
  • Hysterectomy

Hi can I please ask how everyone's blood test was ca125 before there hysterectomy my stomach is very swollen uncomfortable and sore which took me to the doctors ive had ultrasounds vagina ultrasounds ct on abdomen my blood tests have bn higher than normal and they have told me there is a slight …

Last reply
  • hysterectomy 3 week ago

Hi anyone is it normal after a vaganal hysterectomy 3 week after to be bleeding.i havent being taking it easy as i have kids n im worried. My cervix n womb was removed but my ovies left ?? X

Last reply
  • Symtoms

Was just curious what led you ladies to deciding to get a hysterectomy and what side effects you had prior to getting the surgery?

Last reply
  • Total abdominal hysterectomy due next week - what to expect?

Due to have a total abdominal hysterectomy next week and I am absolutely petrified.  My consultant said I would be in hospital for 3-4 days but when I went for my pre-op I was told that I would only be in one night! I had a caesarean 21 years ago and despite blood thinning injections had a …

Last reply
  • Advice on my upcoming hysterectomy

Just would like some advice on things I may need and must haves. Diet? Medications? What to expect the first few weeks recovery wise? Pain? So many questions absolutely terrified.  I do have a 4 year old I have all day. I will be getting help atleast the first week for sure maybe not as much …

Last reply
  • Cant sleep

Had full hysterectomy 8weeks ago and I am struggling to have any sleep. I never seem to be tired day or night

Last reply
  • Hysterectomy

I am on my 6th week after my full hysterectomy and not sure when I should start to drive again I go for check up on 6th august

Last reply
  • Depo Lupron for Hysterectomy

I need to get a Hysterectomy. The Dr. whom I have never met before wants me to take the Depo Lupron shot and a month later get the hysterectomy. Everything I have read said you do it after 3 months. I'm very nervous. I said to take with iron but iron was never mentioned and absolutely no blood …

Last reply
  • More knowledge about hysterectomy

Hello everybody, My doc suggested me to do hysterectomy to treat my heavy period. She will remove my uterus, cevix and two tubes.  I am so scared honestly. I don’t know if I will have more problem after years. And how about recovery? I am now 43 old.   Thank you! Lin

Last reply
  • Post Hysterectomy bleeding - haemotoma

Hi, I’m 3.5 weeks post op, TLAS hysterectomy and last week started to bleed quite heavily. On Friday (tmi) blood was pouring from me. I panicked, was shaking and very light headed so called the hospital. I saw my consultant the same afternoon and he did an examination. He concluded that I have a …

Last reply
  • UTI's after hysterectomy

Is anyone out there in post hysterectomy land suffering from recurrent UTI's since having your hysterectomy? this is something I never suffered from before but is happening now, just wondered if it is another thing us ladies have to put up with that we arent warned about beforehand.  …

Last reply
  • Job

How long do u need off work if Ur job involves lifting after hysterectomy

Last reply
  • Partial hysterectomy with bladder sling

Scared to commit to this surgery. Afraid of chronic pain or issues with the sling. No one really talks about the after. Is sex different? Can you still have orgasms? I am electing to do this because of stress incontinence and uterine prolapse. 

Last reply
  • Total hysterectomy bladder problems

Hello ladies Went to see the nurse yesterday thinking iv got a water infection but was clear. Iv had a lot of tummy issues and a horrible dragging feeling and pain in my leg and bum cheek. So now thinking it’s a prolapse  What can I do to help with the pain and discomfort until I get to see my …

Last reply
  • Granulated tissue after hysterectomy surgery

Hi, I’ve had an ultrasound scan today & they have found granulated tissue at the vaginal cuff site which has been causing the bleeding I’ve been experiencing & they also found fluid in the abdomen, a cyst of my right ovary, I had surgery in March to remove a strangulated cyst & im very …

Last reply
  • Hysterectomy Monday

Hello ladies I have finally got my date, it's Monday 7.30am! (As long as it's not cancelled) I have a few questions. I am having open surgery due to large size of a fibroid. Do you think I will stay in over night? I have these fibre drinks but can't remember when I should take them I …

Last reply
  • Heavy bleeding Dr suggests Hysterectomy

Hi  I'm 33 and had heavy bleeding for quite some time. My Dr has tried giving me medication to slow it down which worked at first but for months now its not done anything. I am constantly bleeding and bleeding a lot. I went back to my Dr a few weeks ago and she said she would refer me to …

Last reply
  • HELP NEED RECOVERY INFO FOR A VAGINAL HYSTERECTOMY

I am scheduled to have a vaginal hysterectomy in mid July. and need to know what to expect during the first week then the second week after having a vaginal hysterectomy.  We are renting a cottage (very comfortable) across the street from the beach beginning 10 days after surgery.  This …

Last reply
  • SWELLY BELLY!

I am 11 weeks post-op from tah and My stomach looks like I’m 9 moths pregnant. I have done exceptionally well in my recovery so I really can not complain. However my stomach is Swollen and I still have no feeling in the area but it still feels sore is some spots. It is Getting harder and harder to …

Last reply
  • Need more understanding of My hysterectomy

Hello Ladies, I'm 27 years old. With two wonderful baby boys. I just had a hysterectomy done on June 14, 2018. And I'm having like a lot of irritation and burning around my belly button, very bad cramps(hurt more then having my two kids) from my belly on down.. My doctor said it's …

Last reply
  • Returning to work

Hi!  I’m new here, and I’m 7 weeks post-op. Scheduled to see the doc next week (initially they had me scheduled to return to work after 6 weeks but doc gave me extension and I see him on the 9th). Basically I’m scheduled to return to work at 8 weeks. It was an abdominal hysterectomy and I …

Last reply
  • Hysterectomy and Open Heart Surgery

Hi Ladies, I am new to this forum and looking for some help. I had an open heart surgery 5 months ago to repair my mitral valve. The surgery went so smooth and the pain was so manageable. I cam home after 5 days taking only Tylenol. Now I am faced with another major surgery in Sept and my anxiety …

Last reply
  • 4 weeks post abdominal hysterectomy

I had a total abdominal hysterectomy on 13 Dec 2017. I still have my ovaries. My recovery has been progressing well. I walk everyday as advised by my physiotherapist. I am not lifting anything heavy, but have started some household chores. I stopped taking pain medication about 2.5 weeks after my …

Last reply
  • Still very tired

6 weeks post TAH. (and a couple of days) and i am still weak and tired. I have seen a few others on here that have said the said the same thing. Seems like a long time to feel this way. Had my final dr appt and im cleared to do what ever i am comfertable doing. Forget to mention how tired i feel. …

Last reply
  • Back to work after hysterectomy - overthinking everything?

Hi All, I’m new to this blog. Started to read it today and comments being made have really helped. Just thought I’d post one as just started back to work after 14 weeks signed off , 1 week holiday and now at 16 weeks post op. I work in London (commute by train /bus) have a long commute so doing a “ …

Last reply
  • Having it all removed tomorrow

Feeling a little nervous as I’m having a total hysterectomy tomorrow. Ovaries and all. I believe I will go straight into menopause. Last year I had a bilateral mastectomy due to breast cancer . My surgery will be laparoscopic allgoing to plan. Any info or advice on recovery or issues I will be …

Last reply
  • 3 & 1/2 years on

Hi All, I hope all my hysterectomy friends are well and that all new ladies to come on here are getting the support we all need/needed. I am 3 and 1/2 years on from my hysterectomy and doing really well, mostly, I just was wondering if any ladies at around the same timescale as myself, still get …

Last reply
  • Intimacy

I am 1 week post surgery. I had a full hysterectomy (left my ovaries) robotically. I know there cannot be anything inserted into the vagina for 8 weeks post op, but my question is how intimate can I get? Can I allow myself to orgasm through oral sex? I feel pretty good overall but really miss this …

Last reply
  • Robotic Hysterectomy

My doctor wants to do the robotic hysterectomy. Can anyone give me insights on this type of surgery? How was your recovery? Thanks

Last reply
  • Flying

Does anyone have advice re flying post op due to fly 4weeks after op X

Last reply
  • Is bleeding normal

I’m 10 days from having a total LAVH with pelvic mass removal(20cm x 20cm x 9 cm), salpingectomy (Fallopian Tube removal) and surgical repair of abrasions in vagina due to the surgery.   Recovery has been pretty ok. Minimal pain, but lots of discomfort, extremely tired all the time.  …

Last reply
  • Would I be ‘allowed’ a Hysterectomy?

I’m hoping to speak to my doctor about choosing to have a Hysterectomy. I’m 24 years old and have no children, and for personal and physical reasons- I will never have children.  I started my periods when i was 12 and they’ve been ridiculously heavy from the start, I got bullied at school …

Last reply
  • UTI After 8 weeks Post Hysterectomy

I’ve developed a bladder infection 24 hours after 1st.sexual  encounter with my partner 8 weeks post hysterectomy. Has anyone else experienced this. In addition, I had a lot of pain in my back of vaginal area. By the way, we only had vaginal intercourse. Please help 

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.