Skip to content

Hysterectomy

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Partial hysterectomy on 20th April

Hi, I’m new to this site. I’m having a partial hysterectomy and anterior repair done next week. I’m feeling strangely calm at the moment and wondered if anyone else is due next week, and how you’re feeling. Would love to hear! 

Last reply
  • Upcoming hysterectomy - would love some tips

Hi there.   Dr. found a largish fibroid on the front of my uterus a year ago.   I had enough symptoms that I considered hysterectomy but ended up having another needed surgery first (thyroidectomy).   So, a year later and the fibroid is now 12.1x11.8x10.8.   Dr is saying too large...

Last reply
  • Abdominal hysterectomy

Hello I will be going in for my hysterectomy on the 23rd. It’s unclear whether or not the hospital will provide an abdominal binder and/or pillow. From everything I have read they are essential when healing.  Does anyone have any recommendations that I can purchase before hand? 

Last reply
  • Wat to bring

Hi girls bit of a stupid question but here it goes anyway. Have u to bring any particular bathroom stuff r just everday stuff and can u wear pjs instead of.nightdresses lol xx

Last reply
  • Not feeling like myself following hysterectomy

I had a hysterectomy on March 23, 2018. I had my uterus, cervix and Fallopian tubes removed.  I thought I was fortunate to keep my ovaries as my Gynecologist assured me that would keep my hormones intact.  Not mentioning the pain, discomfort and constipation due to surgery, I have since...

Last reply
  • Hystercomy 2 weeks ago

It kind of scares me that I feel this good after two weeks. I had a complete abdominal removal including ovaries, I am feeling really good,  I can get around ok, shower no problem etc.. I am not lifting and being carful but it kind of frustrates me that I feel this good and can't do the normal...

Last reply
  • 8 weeks post laparoscopic hysterectomy

help needed... 8 weeks post op full hysterectomy rectal and vagina pain gp checked for infection all clear. When I open bowels not matter what the consistency of stool the last bit gets stuck as rectum feels swollen then causes pain and discomfort in both front and back surely this can’t be normal..any...

Last reply
  • Don't know what is normal and what is not anymore

I had my sub-total hysterectomy on the 28th March and since then I feel like out of this world, knackered, emotional, on the hedge all the time... the operation went well, pain wise is doable, however, my sleeping patterns are over the roof, hot flushes are really hot and I already had to take antibiotics...

Last reply
  • Advice needed: hysterectomy in June

hi I could use some advice and experience with recovery for an upcoming hysterectomy for large fibroids and cysts. In March while having hernia repair and gall bladder removal surgery they found a very large abdominal mass that turned out to be one of 6-7 fibroids (outside and inside my uterus) and a...

Last reply
  • Advice needed 5 days post opp

I had full abdomen hysterectomy on tuesday and was discharged yesterday. I have been sent home with no aftercare and was wondering if this is normal. They told me i am back in clinic in 6 weeks and to contact my gp in the meantime. I asked who will be redressing my wound and they said it doesnt need...

Last reply
  • When will I feel normal again?

I’m 5 weeks post op from a total hysterectomy, bilateral ovary removal and a anterior/posterior vaginal repair. I’m still having to lie down a lot. If I sit or stand too long I have a lot of abdominal pain/pressure. Driving can be uncomfortable at times. I’m wondering when I will feel good enough to...

Last reply
  • Slight drown discharge

HI , suffer from anxiety and depression, had a hystercamoy 2007, ovaries, left in, have had a lot of menopauselove Simpton over the last 5 years, last seven weeks internal treamberling wiki up this morning with water discharge on pants now slight drown discharge, never had this before, has anyone else...

Last reply
  • Night sweats

Hi everyone,I had a tah and rectocele repair on 19.12.17, everything went really well and recovery uncomplicated , however..... please have you any advice on how to relieve night sweats and cold flashes? I can't have hrt, I've tried sage and all the usual recommendations all to no avail........

Last reply
  • Fibroids and questions

I have 3 Fibroids about 9cmm each. I have been dealing with this for about two years and I am over it.  Heavy bleeding (going through a heavy tampon every hour,  and still needing a pad) cramps that make me bend over in pain, not being able to live life 3 weeks out of the month. But the worst...

Last reply
  • TVH Uterine and Bladder Prolapse and Anterior Repair

Hi Ladies!  I am post op 7 weeks now, surgery on 2/22/18.  I had total vaginal hysterectomy due to uterus and bladder prolapse with repairs.  I am 63 years old and had fairly early menopause at 47 years old.  Well, I was bouncing along just fine for nearly 16 years with minimal menopause...

Last reply
  • How do u knoq its full hyster

Hi i got my pre op letter for my pre op its says speciality surgery. My consultant told me my letter would say vaginal surgery for hysterectomy. Does this mean they r giving me full op and cutting me instead ?? Xx

Last reply
  • hysterectomy questions!!

Hello everyone, Im new to the group! I have a 15cm fibroid and have been booked in for a hysterectomy.  Due to the size of it I cannot have it done key hole so will be major surgery.  I have my pre op booked for the 25th April.  I am very nervous as unlike most of you on here i have...

Last reply
  • Total abdo hysterectomy tomorrow

Hi ladies i am booked in for full abdomen hysterectomy tomorrow. This is the 4th time i have been booked in, last 3 opps got cancelled due to bed crisis. Im so bloody nervous again i really hope they dont cancel again😢 my nerves cant take much more to be honest X

Last reply
  • Hysterectomy/fibroids

Hi ladies can anyone help please lm waiting for a hysterectomy as have fibroids but the pain and heavy bleeding is much better lm 49 and missed 2 periods and last one was light even tho painful still so my question is do l still have a opp or are the fibroids getting smaller due menopause ? l got a hospital...

Last reply
  • large ovarian cysts and hysterectomy

I have very large (23 cm) fluid filled ovarian cyst. I am 65, post menopausal. The doctor is cautiously optimistic that I don't have cancer but has recommended a total hysterectomy (all my lady parts and possibly my appendix), as well as biopsies of everything. Have you had this type of mass (I look...

Last reply
  • Post Menopausal Hysterectomy

Hello All. I had my a partial hysterectomy, only uterus removed on the 22nd. of March 2018. Menopause had begun for me 5 years ago, where there were virtually no signs of my symptoms until a week following my hysterectomy. Is there anyone experiencing awakening during the night soak and wet, as well...

Last reply
  • Total hysterectomy

Hi there it's been 3weeks since my op now and although I needed it ive been left feeling lost and empty I talked with my doctor n he said it's normal but I feel silly as I just burst into tears xx

Last reply
  • 4 weeks post op and stomach swelling

Hi I am 4 weeks after a abdominal hysterectomy (still got ovaries).  I thought I had been recovering well with no pain and no complications until now.  I have started to experience stabbing(stinging) pains around my incision and my stomach swells by the end of the day.  I am not lifting...

Last reply
  • 10 wks post tvh and anterior repair.

Hi ladies Sone old and new alike may be able to help me. I am 10 wks post op and feel a bit odd in the front vagina. I get a heavy rubbing feeling uf i get up or walking. I have made appointment with my professor urogyn but thought id put it out there. As this is my second i know full well the recovery...

Last reply
  • Post Hysterectomy 2 years on still depressed I can’t have more kids

Basically this is my story and advice I’m seeking. I have one child to a previous relationship that was toxic. Met my husband to be when my daughter was 9yrs old. I am now 35. I then started with really bad health issues caused by huge fibroids covering my entire womb which resulted in a partial hysterectomy...

Last reply
  • Fear of the unknown

Hi ladies lm trying to make my mind up on hysterectomy opp,waiting for the date, l dont feel a lost of my womb to me its a empty cage giving me pain, lm 49  in Peri and a had my family with grandchildren too but as you can see from my other post feeling low about things not sure if its the Peri...

Last reply
  • 6 weeks

6 weeks post laparoscopic hysterectomy and cyst removal from vaginal wall that was deep. I have started with rectal pain and discomfort had a check up still got stitches no infection dr says it’s nerve endings and will calm down anyone else feels worse at 6 weeks 

Posted
  • Why It’s too cold.

Hello! I’m here back with my a question if being so cold.  Has anybody having the feet, hsbfs and nose freezing cold?  I’ve never had this before but after tvh even during my recovery i have to wear a double sweater,pj snd socks at home to make me warm.  I am on the 10th week but still...

Posted
  • Just Don't Feel Like Myself After 10 Weeks

Hi everyone. I had a total abdominal hysterectomy 10 weeks ago. Uterus, cervix, Fallopian tubes and non-cancerous large fibroid tumor was removed. I kept my ovaries. I was nauseous since right after the surgery and lost 20 pounds within first three weeks. I have had all sorts or problems since then...

Last reply
  • I am nearly 3 weeks post op what should I be doing?

Hi all  I am 3 weeks post hysterectomy on Wednesday, including removal of ovaries. I am out waking only 15-20 mins, I feel shattered after this and I walk really slow. I am pottering around the house and washing dishes. However not doing washing, hovering, cooking (not in and out of the oven) and...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.