Skip to content
Ad

Hysterectomy

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Elective hysterectomy and Ultrasound questions

I Have had bad lower back pain for over 3 years. My periods are only 2 days sometimes 3 days. I am 38 yrs old with 3 kids and tubes tide for 11yrs now. Doctor offered a hysterectomy but he said it was elective surgery? Ultrasound differences last years ultrasound is not available but the Endometrial...

Last reply
  • Hysterectomy 10 weeks ago back to work soon!!

Hi all its been a long road, but over the last two weeks i thought I had finally recovered; enough to return to work. However, after a very busy weekend today I had a very heavy ache around my pelvis and lower abdomen. I have also found my inflammatory arthritis has increased since surgery?. Has anyone...

Last reply
  • Hysterectomy due to pre-cancerous cells found in polyp

I went to my GP with post menopausal bleeding - I am 54 - and this was on the Wednesday, I got my Consultant appt on the Monday where i had an internal scan and biopsy which found a polyp in my womb which had pre-cancerous cells.  I was offered a hysterectomy which of course I have to have and is...

Last reply
  • Heat

I know with no hormones the body doesn't adjust as it used to but is anyone else experiencing very hot periods of times, they seem longer than a hot flash.  I seem to get very hot and it takes a very long time for me to cool down.

Last reply
  • post op bleeding increases after exercise

I have a MMMT uterine cancer and had a robotic total hysterectomy 4 weeks ago (Sept 6). Good news is stage 1 but still will go through chemo and rad.  It's not a good cancer to have.  I feel great want to stay in good shape BUT I notice increased (pink) spotting after increasing exercise....

Last reply
  • How long after a TAH could you sleep on your side?

Hello ladies I was wondering how long it was before you could sleep on your side after a Total Abdominal Hysterectomy?  I had mine done by keyhole 20 days ago and just can't get comfortable on my side still, plus it feels strange.  It's so annoying because before this op I only ever...

Last reply
  • pain when coughing

I Am 8weeks post op after Total abnominal hysterectomy and stil getting alot of pain when coughing. How long does this last, I also feel like ive been kicked in the stomach too, is this normal

Last reply
  • Hormonal madness, thrush and weight gain!

Hi ladies, I've felt physically great since my partial hysterectomy (just uterus removed). Mentally and hormonally however I am climbing the walls! Its like im going through puberty/pregnant and going through the menopause! ugh! My skin is greasy and boobs so sore before my cycle begins and mood...

Last reply
  • Cancellation of surgery

I was due to have a hysterectomy by open surgery tomorrow but it has been cancelled due to lack of beds. How long will I need to wait for another appointment? 

Last reply
  • Feeling good

So i had my full hystorectomy on 20th September and I don't feel any different than I did before even when I woke up from surgery I didn't actually believe I had had my surgery I've not had a lot of pain or any side effects and I'm wondering what the heck is going on ... I'm waiting...

Last reply
  • Rectocele repair at age 32. Really scared, advice needed

I’m due to have posterior rectocele repair and possibly anterior repair in 3 weeks.  I’m only 32 and at every appointment leading Upto this for the past 18 months I’ve constantly been told how young I am for this.  I was just wondering what people’s experiences were with this surgery. ...

Last reply
  • Full hysterectomy about 5 months ago..

Full hysterectomy a lil over 5 months ago... n I have been extremely nauseous n throwing up occasionally...n my back has been sore!!! I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the hysterectomy...my sister thinks it might have to do with my hormones...my gyno has me on a estro pill n a progest...

Last reply
  • 8 weeks post op questions

So YEAH I survived the hurricane last week but man it was a horrible time. I could not stop crying and had a breakdown, is this from no hoemones? I finally went swimming and had no problems. My incisions are still sore to the touch is that normal? ​I get a weird sharp pain in lower tummy once in awhile,...

Last reply
  • Surgical menopause- How long do symptoms last?

I had TAH +BSO 6 weeks ago and now having symptoms of menopause- emotional instability, hot flashes, migraine, sleep disturbance.. Not too bad so far, but I need to decide whether to have HRT. Anyone have any experience of surgical menopause without HRT? How long does it last? Does it get worse over...

Last reply
  • Dread

So here Ian the day before I go into have a full hystorectomy done and I'm full of dress and fear not knowing what to expect not knowing who I'll be afterwards is this normal? Death has entered my head a few times really starting to freak out and don't want to freak my family out ... help...

Last reply
  • Hysterectomy with Anterior and Posterior Repair

I found out I have complex cysts, fibroids and adenomyosis. I will be going through Vaginal Hysterectomy , Anterior and Posterior Repair tomorrow September 13th. I'm trying to find advice on the after pain and how to deal with the changes in my body. 

Last reply
  • Sandrena HRT after uterus removed?....

Hi ladies, I'm a bit confused as I've been prescribed HRT for mood swings after having my uterus removed but I'm pretty much sure I'm estrogen dominant. I.e. Having had fibroids removed , tender breasts, bloating etc. So cautious of taking HRT as I don't suffer with vaginal dryness...

Last reply
  • UTI's after hysterectomy

Is anyone out there in post hysterectomy land suffering from recurrent UTI's since having your hysterectomy? this is something I never suffered from before but is happening now, just wondered if it is another thing us ladies have to put up with that we arent warned about beforehand.  Thanks....

Last reply
  • Hysterectomy pain

Hi all. I had an abdominal hysterectomy (ovaries removed too) 12 days ago. Since then I have what feels like a very painful pulling feeling to the bottom left of the wound. Not too bad when I am relaxing but when I get up, even just to walk to the loo, it can get so painful I have to just sit/lie asap....

Last reply
  • I had my operation 3 weeks ago.

My uterus and cervix was removed because of fibroid uterus and gained so much weight pre operation try not to have operation by taking hormone tabs for 10 days from 1-10 August and to repeat for 3 months the first 10 days. But after that 1st 10 days and gaining so much weight and more pain, people teasing...

Last reply
  • Rapid aging after endometrial ablation

I had an endometrial ablation 2years ago when I was 46 due heavy periods. I also suffered from endometriosis for 20 plus years . I had several surgeries through the years and tried many short term treatments. It was sometime within the year after the last procedure ( the ablation) that I began to notice...

Last reply
  • I have been depressed please help

I am 29 years old and I just got a vaginal hysterectomy and I have been so depressed lately I cry a lot and I feel so bad about myself I have 2 children that need me and don't understand why mommy is so upset what should I do?

Last reply
  • Pain and bleeding post hysterectomy, advice please.

Hi I am 72 years of age and had a total vaginal hysterectomy for prolapse of the uterus on 24th June 2017.  In the first week the pain/discomfort and bleeding were minimal and I only needed occasional paracetamol and/or ibuprofen. This week (10 days after surgery) the discomfort in my back has...

Last reply
  • Laparoscopic hysterectomy and prolapse bladder repair

Hi I'm waiting to have a hysterectomy done by laparoscopy taking womb cervix tubes and maybe ovaries depending if they are healthy or not and prolapsed bladder repaired at same time, has anybody had this done and can tell me what there recovery was like and how long they had to stay in hospital please...

Last reply
  • About to go in for surgery tomorrow

Hi I'm off for a full Hysterectomy tomorrow and worried about it, can anyone give me any tips? How long will I be in hospital for? Will I go straight into Menopause? How will I feel after the op? Any advice would help. thanks 

Last reply
  • Pre op

Hi All , Had my pre op appointment last week,ready for my op on 13 th September . I was given pre-operative nutrition drinks : Four drinks altogether , 3 be taken with meals , 2 days before prior to surgery and the final drink the day before admission . The idea is to minimise the stress to my body of...

Last reply
  • Upcoming Hysterectomy

I am 37. I have had heavy painful periods since I was young. After my 2 children(via c-sections) I had an IUD placed. I was due for a change and the dr was unable to remove it in the office. I had to go for day surgery...with the plan to reinsert it in the OR. The gyne was not able to reinsert it as...

Last reply
  • Six weeks post op

So I am now at 6 weeks and it is odd, I almost feel like I never had surgery.  I have to admit I think I had my first hot flash today and man it sucked.  I am so excited to finally be allowed to go swimming this labor day weekend.  I do get a small pain here and there but nothing serious,...

Last reply
  • Going back to work

I have robotic surgery 6 weeks ago. I had my cervix, ovaries,fallopian tubes and uterus removed plus a bladder collapsed fixed. The uterus collapsed as well. My bladder was fixed using my own tissue.It wasn't as painful as I expected considering I had a pinched urethra and was having severe bladder...

Last reply
  • Going back to work

I have robotic surgery 6 weeks ago. I had my cervix, ovaries,fallopian tubes and uterus removed plus a bladder collapsed fixed. The uterus collapsed as well. My bladder was fixed using my own tissue.It wasn't as painful as I expected considering I had a pinched urethra and was having severe bladder...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.