Skip to content

Hysterectomy

All discussions in this group

Next
  • 3 & 1/2 years on

Hi All, I hope all my hysterectomy friends are well and that all new ladies to come on here are getting the support we all need/needed. I am 3 and 1/2 years on from my hysterectomy and doing really well, mostly, I just was wondering if any ladies at around the same timescale as myself, still get slightly...

Last reply
  • Intimacy

I am 1 week post surgery. I had a full hysterectomy (left my ovaries) robotically. I know there cannot be anything inserted into the vagina for 8 weeks post op, but my question is how intimate can I get? Can I allow myself to orgasm through oral sex? I feel pretty good overall but really miss this closeness...

Last reply
  • Back to work after hysterectomy - overthinking everything?

Hi All, I’m new to this blog. Started to read it today and comments being made have really helped. Just thought I’d post one as just started back to work after 14 weeks signed off , 1 week holiday and now at 16 weeks post op. I work in London (commute by train /bus) have a long commute so doing a “phased...

Last reply
  • Robotic Hysterectomy

My doctor wants to do the robotic hysterectomy. Can anyone give me insights on this type of surgery? How was your recovery? Thanks

Last reply
  • Flying

Does anyone have advice re flying post op due to fly 4weeks after op X

Last reply
  • Total abdominal hysterectomy due next week - what to expect?

Due to have a total abdominal hysterectomy next week and I am absolutely petrified.  My consultant said I would be in hospital for 3-4 days but when I went for my pre-op I was told that I would only be in one night! I had a caesarean 21 years ago and despite blood thinning injections had a blood...

Last reply
  • Is bleeding normal

I’m 10 days from having a total LAVH with pelvic mass removal(20cm x 20cm x 9 cm), salpingectomy (Fallopian Tube removal) and surgical repair of abrasions in vagina due to the surgery.   Recovery has been pretty ok. Minimal pain, but lots of discomfort, extremely tired all the time.  ...

Last reply
  • Would I be ‘allowed’ a Hysterectomy?

I’m hoping to speak to my doctor about choosing to have a Hysterectomy. I’m 24 years old and have no children, and for personal and physical reasons- I will never have children.  I started my periods when i was 12 and they’ve been ridiculously heavy from the start, I got bullied at school because...

Last reply
  • UTI After 8 weeks Post Hysterectomy

I’ve developed a bladder infection 24 hours after 1st.sexual  encounter with my partner 8 weeks post hysterectomy. Has anyone else experienced this. In addition, I had a lot of pain in my back of vaginal area. By the way, we only had vaginal intercourse. Please help 

Last reply
  • 6 weeks post op tah

I’m on my 6th week post op from a tah. Still have no feeling of my stomach area. Does anyone know if feeling will ever return. It is numb to the tough. 

Last reply
  • Pain on right hand side.

Hi I had a full abdominal hysterectomy 3 weeks ago and was doing well up and about walking doing light house work.But now have a terrible pain on right hand side of my scar and my scar is swollen there seems to be a swelling above the scar painful to walk and move back on all meds I came out of hospital...

Last reply
  • 2 weeks post vag hyst, prolapse and repair

I am 2 weeks post vaginal hysterectomy for uterine and bladder prolapse. Repairs were done as well but I'm not even sure what kind. The Dr has explained nothing so today for my appointment I want full details. I am saddened by the lack of compassion from the nurses at the hospital and the impathetic...

Last reply
  • Leg pain

I had a total hysterectomy 9 week's ago have a lot of dull pain and more if I over do anything and am still tired I get tired quickly as well. I am walking about and trying to get back to normal , my normal my problem is my legs the pain is so bad I literally find it hard to walk . After my...

Last reply
  • Elective hysterectomy and Ultrasound questions

I Have had bad lower back pain for over 3 years. My periods are only 2 days sometimes 3 days. I am 38 yrs old with 3 kids and tubes tide for 11yrs now. Doctor offered a hysterectomy but he said it was elective surgery? Ultrasound differences last years ultrasound is not available but the Endometrial...

Last reply
  • Just Don't Feel Like Myself After 10 Weeks

Hi everyone. I had a total abdominal hysterectomy 10 weeks ago. Uterus, cervix, Fallopian tubes and non-cancerous large fibroid tumor was removed. I kept my ovaries. I was nauseous since right after the surgery and lost 20 pounds within first three weeks. I have had all sorts or problems since then...

Last reply
  • Still very tired

6 weeks post TAH. (and a couple of days) and i am still weak and tired. I have seen a few others on here that have said the said the same thing. Seems like a long time to feel this way. Had my final dr appt and im cleared to do what ever i am comfertable doing. Forget to mention how tired i feel. 

Last reply
  • Hysterectomy

Hi had full hysterectomy 2 and a half weeks ago yesterday sneezed a couple of times which was painful now I have a lump under my scar and am in a lot of pain.I was wondering if anyone thought I might have done any damage?

Last reply
  • LAVH one week from tomorrow-freaking out!!

Hi! We’re down to surgery on6/6/18 and I’m freaking out.  Planned a total LAVH but surgeon says there is a high chance it will turn to TAH due to size of tumors. I have 7-8, biggest one is outside of uterus and it’s larger than a cantaloupe!  Would like to get some advice of what I should...

Last reply
  • Hysterectomy

Hi I had a hysterectomy two weeks ago put on hrt Estradot 100mg for hot flushes and my mood being all over the place.went back to consultant and he wants to put me on an implant of testosterone which last for 6 months.He said that would sort out my moods.Has anyone else tried this?

Last reply
  • Advice needed 5 days post opp

I had full abdomen hysterectomy on tuesday and was discharged yesterday. I have been sent home with no aftercare and was wondering if this is normal. They told me i am back in clinic in 6 weeks and to contact my gp in the meantime. I asked who will be redressing my wound and they said it doesnt need...

Last reply
  • Belly button incision

Hello,  i’ll be 4 weeks post-op tomorrow. I had bilateral laposcopic hysterectomy. My surgical tapes are almost all off. The incisions look good except for my belly button. I have an inny belly button and have a small belly. My belly button is a little sore. It looks like it has dry blood. I’m not...

Last reply
  • Leaking incision

Hello I am 5 weeks post op from TAH. My incision is still leaking in one small spot. I am probably over doing things a bit lately trying to get back toma normal routine,  but I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced this. 

Last reply
  • Pulling pain on right side esp when walking and driving

Week 8 after my Tah had many big fibroids removed had infection for 2 weeks after was having wound dressed every other day till week 6  not back in full time work yet i have pulling pain on right side when walking and the last 2 - 3 weeks my sleeping is terrible last night i had 4 hrs 20 mins sleep(...

Last reply
  • Guilty

I had a total hysterectomy everything out and I'm not recovering very well very tired and emotional I do little things around the house, cook,wash up,sweep using brush, but sometimes my family think I am playing it up and make me feel guilty. I used to nearly everything for everyone and all the...

Last reply
  • Hysterectomy query with lying on side

Hi all, I am only a week into an abdominal hysterectomy with all but ovaries removed at 37.  I am in a lot of pain still but my query is, is it usual that I can’t lay on my side, when I try to it feels like there is too much pressure there and really too uncomfortable.  Also my stomach keeps...

Last reply
  • Laparoscopic total hysterectomy

I am 4 weeks post laparoscopic total hysterectomy. Last week I experienced fresh bleeding whole week. Bleeding stopped for 2 days now, however, I am having nightly pain and cramps most of the day. I’ve noticed I have swollen belly.  Last week saw GP and was given antibiotic but then bleeding persist,...

Last reply
  • Due to have a total hysterectomy and bladder reconstruction

Hi I'm 38 and have suffered with chronic endomitrosis and pelvic pain for 5 years. I've been lucky enough to have 2 children. After my second c section I got pelvic adhesions. They are so bad my womb is stuck to my abdominal wall and my bladder cannot be seen as it's sandwiched between my...

Last reply
  • Life after a radical hyserectomy.

I had a radical Laparoscopic vaginal assisted hysterectomy 6 weeks post opp. I am 54years 5years post menopausal. After suffering a prolapse womb and bladder for 10months I was glad to have the hysterectomy so I could get back to normal. Since having the hysterectomy 6weeks ago. My waist is like a tire....

Last reply
  • Full hysterectomy at 35

Hi everyone! I'm getting a total hysterectomy in 2 weeks and was wonder if any of you could shed any light on what's in store for me?! I recently got one ovary removed and while I was recovering was told I had ovarian cancer in the ovary that was removed and there is a chance it may have spread...

Last reply
  • 12 days post op bleeding

I’m 12 days post -op and was told to expect some bleeding following surgery for about a week. I did not bleed . However, the last couple of days, only when I go to the washroom  (#1) and I wipe myself is there blood.  Has this happened to anyone? 

Last reply
  • Tired!

are most of you very very very tired after major abdominal hyster. Almost at 3 week mark and still tired so much. Wasnt expecting this.

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.