Skip to content
Ad

Hysterectomy

All discussions in this group

Next
  • 5 days post op

Had full hysterectomy we'd 16th August  due to fibroids discharged Friday with pain killers and no other instructions was told would be uncomfortable after op but nothing prepared me for this   had to phone for district nurse ( coming tomorrow ) to check staples she thinks may have infection ...

Last reply
  • migraines after partial hysterectomy...,

Ugh!! Roughly 3 months after partial hysterectomy kept ovaries and cervix I'm getting migraines a lot!! 1-2 weekly sometimes more! This started around a month ago! Anyone else had this? I used to suffer with migraines as a teenager and around 15 years ago! It's horrible! If you have suffered...

Last reply
  • Discharge

I'm now almost 7 weeks post surgery, have had UTI infections treated with antiotics, but have had a discharge for a couple of weeks. Hospital gave me more antibiotics and did swabs but so far nothing has come back. Also the tight stinging feeling in low abdomen is coming from time to time. Has anyone...

Last reply
  • pain from stitches

I'm hoping someone can help reassure me that this is normal? I'm 10 days post op from hysterectomy and prolapse repair.  My hysterectomy was started vaginally but because they found a large fibroid it had to be continued abdominally. I had to have 2 pints blood transfusion and a stent in...

Last reply
  • 4 weeks post op

So I'm 33. Had to get a hysterectomy, I kept my ovaries. I'm 4 weeks post op. Some days are good and some days are bad. I have had really low energy. Still having abdominal pain sometimes it mimics period cramps but the worst ones. So far so good. Trying to still rest but I have gone back to...

Last reply
  • A little good news about total abdominal hysterectomy

I am on day one after my total abdominal hysterectomy.....i have read some reviews that scared the living daylights out of me.... I had one of the best obgyn around..... was in/out of surgery....no mishaps THANK THE LORD JESUS CHRIST.. ...I went into surgery around one and was brought to my room about...

Last reply
  • UTI's after hysterectomy

Is anyone out there in post hysterectomy land suffering from recurrent UTI's since having your hysterectomy? this is something I never suffered from before but is happening now, just wondered if it is another thing us ladies have to put up with that we arent warned about beforehand.  Thanks....

Last reply
  • Bacteria UTI infection

Well I was hoping not to get this but it is here, a UTI and the burning.  It is so painful and uncomfortable..  The doc gave me bactrum and told me to use gyno-lotrium but does anyone have any other suggesstions on how to feel better

Last reply
  • Feeling scared 😳 again 😭

Hi , all I had to have a full hysterectomy when I was 31 to say it was there worst time of my life is an understatement. But 10 years down the line I have finally come to terms with it lol 😂 took me a while.  I just have a question if any1 can help me. I keep getting what I thought was a...

Last reply
  • I have been depressed please help

I am 29 years old and I just got a vaginal hysterectomy and I have been so depressed lately I cry a lot and I feel so bad about myself I have 2 children that need me and don't understand why mommy is so upset what should I do?

Last reply
  • 2 weeks post op

I can't believe it has already been 2 weeks.  I am doing really good.  Incisions are healing very nicely, I have had no pain, just a little discomfort. The UTI was worse than the surgery.  I am still taking things slow and easy but all in all doing really well!

Last reply
  • TAH 4wks post op

Hi, I am 4wks to date post op. It's reassuring to read some of these post. I have a hard swollen belly with stabbing pains around my incision, stabbing stinging pains in my vaginal area and because my bladder was injured during my surgery and had to wear a catheter for two weeks so I still I have...

Last reply
  • Six weeks post TAH, exhausted.

If it wasn't for this exhaustion I'd actually feel pretty good. TAH, ovaries left, only half the cervix gone because of the scar tissue. My bladder was embedded in scar tissue, so was my uterus. (5 c sections). I feel great.. Then exhausted. I go for a walk.. Then exhaustion ... I was thinking...

Last reply
  • Pain and bleeding post hysterectomy, advice please.

Hi I am 72 years of age and had a total vaginal hysterectomy for prolapse of the uterus on 24th June 2017.  In the first week the pain/discomfort and bleeding were minimal and I only needed occasional paracetamol and/or ibuprofen. This week (10 days after surgery) the discomfort in my back has...

Last reply
  • Steri Strips

I have 4 incisions, 2 of them the steri strips finally after a week feel off.  They look a little red, do i need to keep them covered or is it good to let them get some air?

Last reply
  • Still in pain

I'm 4 wks post op, I was doing good or so I thought until like 2 days ago. My abdomen is swollen and hurts almost as bad as right after surgery. I had a lot of damage to my bladder as a result of endo and 3 c sections. I'm starting To think something is wrong with my bladder and it's not...

Last reply
  • Anyone had a partial blocked bowel after abdominal hysterectomy

I had all bar my cervix removed 3.5 weeks ago.  Was in hospital for 5 days all of which spent on a drip as was unable to drink much more than was needed for my meds, and eating was pretty much non existent. Everwhere from my chest to my feet was swollen and rock hard.  Getting on the scales...

Last reply
  • Recovery after a toral hysterctomy

I have had my total hysterectomy done a week ago / uturus, ovaries, fellopian tubes, and cervix are removed. Just wanted to know how is everyone , who have been in the same situation felt after a week ?

Last reply
  • Hysterectomy If Bleeding?

Hi, I'm due to have surgery today and typically after having a very unusual and lovely week of no bleeding whatsoever, I've started bleeding quite heavily this morning. I'm 99% sure they will still carry on with the surgery but wondered if anyone else had this. I think it's going to be...

Last reply
  • Surgery tomorrow

Hospital just called, surgery is at 8:30 am tomorrow, now I am freaking out.  I wish this was not happening to me

Last reply
  • Hysterectomy or Endometrial Ablation

Hello everyone,  I am new to this forum but I in a bit of a dilemma and would welcome your experiences and thoughts. I have had a bit of a journey over the last 3 years, increasingly heavy periods, which are now 2 - 3 weeks long, with severe clotting (sorry tmi).  I have had a laparoscopy (GA),...

Last reply
  • Showering after surgey

So I am now 5 days after surgery and although I have sponge bathed I am in dire need of a shower. ​I have steri strips on the 3 incisions and a guaze pad on the 4th, do I allow them to get wet? Will I be ok alone in the shower?

Last reply
  • Slight fever and bloated

OMG so I guess I now know you actually can overdue it in one day.  I have a small fever of 100.1 and my stomach is so bloated.  Is this normal?

Last reply
  • 2 days post op

Well I DID IT!!!  I got theu my surgery.  The procedure took 1 hour, the Dr even gave my husband a picture of what they were removing as the camera was inside my body.  Kinda wierd but really cool! ​I have 4 incisions and am kinda tired but feeling really good, very little pain, some discomfort....

Last reply
  • Some bleeding adter 4 days

I got up this morning and went pee and there was some blood in toilet, is this normal or do I freak out and call the doc.  I went yesterday to do to check on a possible UTI and they saw some blood in urine, do I need to worry?

Last reply
  • UTI or irritation

So I woke this morning, 3 days after surgery and i feel like I am either getting a UTI or am very irritated from the cathedar. Did anyone else get this?

Last reply
  • Uti symptoms but no uti

I suffered uti' s before i had a tah. I had my op end march and have had 3 more since. Been told I have very badly scarred bowel and bladder so have cut out as much acid and caffeine. I now get the feeling im getting one but i don't ie discomfort, frequency to wee. Anyone else had similar or...

Posted
  • Surgery in 2.5 hours

I am on the way to the hospital, I know its going to be a rough morning but i am going to be fine.  here i go ladies, thank you all.  I will touch base when I am feelig up to it! Cara

Last reply
  • Just Don't Feel Like Myself After 10 Weeks

Hi everyone. I had a total abdominal hysterectomy 10 weeks ago. Uterus, cervix, Fallopian tubes and non-cancerous large fibroid tumor was removed. I kept my ovaries. I was nauseous since right after the surgery and lost 20 pounds within first three weeks. I have had all sorts or problems since then...

Last reply
  • Your Reasons For Going Ahead With Surgery.

Hi Everyone, How are you all doing? Hope recoveries are going well x I've just been been told I need a hysterectomy to stop constant bleeding. The bleeding is not excessive just a trickle constantly and I have stomach and back ache all the time. If the doc tries to do a smear I just start bleeding...

Last reply
  • Change in area of pain

Hi everyone, I'm 5 weeks into my hysterectmoy, had a few issues afterwards i.e. urine infections, ecoli infection, reaction to antibotics. I haven't felt 100% since but for the last three days, have been experiencing pain higher up in the tummy, most uncomfortable so I went back onto cocodamol....

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.