Skip to content

Hysterectomy

All discussions in this group

Next
  • JennLew 2

Pain

I've been having lower abdomen pain on my right side.. when I get up from sitting and sometimes even while just walking. It's a sharp almost stabbing pain. I had hysterectomy 9 weeks ago. Is this normal?

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • tracey2369 2

4 weeks post op and stomach swelling

Hi I am 4 weeks after a abdominal hysterectomy (still got ovaries).  I thought I had been recovering well with no pain and no complications until now.  I have started to experience stabbing(stinging) pains around my incision and my stomach swells by the end of the day.  I am not lifting but walking around...

13 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • phoebewhite 5

UTI's after hysterectomy

Is anyone out there in post hysterectomy land suffering from recurrent UTI's since having your hysterectomy? this is something I never suffered from before but is happening now, just wondered if it is another thing us ladies have to put up with that we arent warned about beforehand.  Thanks. Phoebe

24 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Creedes 3

Four Months

Hi everyone, I wanted to post how I have been doing and share... Anyway it's been little over 4 months since my procedure. I had my cervix, fallopian tubes, and uterus removed. I forced myself to walk less than 24 hours after surgery because the Dr. explained to me the quicker I walk my recovery will...

14 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • lisa25007 2

3 wks after Total Hysterectomy old style - abdominal

Well not to mention how ugly stomach looks due to muffin top above scar which I did NOT have before surgery.  The part I am having hard time with is I cannot stop going to the bathroom to pee.  Every 15-30 minutes I have to go and sometimes as soon as I go and sit back down, I have to go again.  Is this...

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • teresa0701 1
  • karen47058 3

6 months full abdominal hysterectomy

Hi everyone not been on here a while! Does anyone have experience of pain 6 months after op! I've had a full abdominal hysterectomy, I'm getting bad menopausal symptoms but tight painful aches in my stomach, I'm still shattered :-( but I do have a stressful job which doesn't help

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • angeb777 2

How long does the pain last after total vaginal hysterectomy

I'm 4 weeks out from total vaginal hysterectomy with anterior and posterior repair (bowel and bladder prolapse due to fibroid). I have constant pain in my left labium and the area between the vaginal opening and rectum. Also, when I walk more than a short distance, the pain radiates down into my left...

• felicia 242004 1
  • Nanny to 5 4
  • Karmaway 4

Dizziness after partial hysterectomy....

Hi ladies, I'm 4 weeks post op and feeling pretty great but I'm getting dizzy from getting up ....has anyone else had this? I'm going to get my blood pressure done tomorrow when seeing the nurse for bloods for my thyroid.....thinking could be related to the GA?

• geraldine81414 2

Pain in abdomine from Adhesion after Hysterectomy

Hi I had a complete abdominal Hysterectomy in Jan 16 all was good up until about 8 weeks ago I started having a really bad pain in what I can only describe as my colon (large) it felt like soething was either in it or on  it and was worse with walking I was very constipated and could not even pass gas...

• nina95738 2

Hysterectomy. Endometriosis

Hello im 42. I had my first surgery of ovarian cyst & fibroid almost 16 years ago then dr removed my 1 ovary & diagnosed endometriosis. After suffering many years of pain i undergo life threatening critical condition. A panel of doctors did my hysterectomy. They removed my uterus accept my right ovary....

10 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • phoebewhite 5

Anyone else's tummy changed shape?

Forgive me if I have touched on this subject before, I can't remember if I have or not. I had my total hysterectomy (LAVH & BSO) 2 and a half years ago now, I have been having terrible problems with weight gain (am working hard to lose it) but has anyone else (similar time post op)  noticed that their...

13 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Karmaway 4

Bleeding after partial Hysterectomy....

Hi ladies, has anyone else experienced a small bleed after their partial hyst? I had my uterus removed and everything else left. I didn't bleed at all from the op but have nod on the day of my period had a very small bleed. Just a few spots! I emailed my consultant and she said this was normal and just...

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • kristen 1978 1

total abdominal hysterectomy

I had a total abdominal hysterectomy 8.5 weeks ago and tried to go back to work but the pain is getting worse now and not better. I'm going to see my surgeon this week and ask for another 4 weeks off. Anyone else have similar problems? I work long hours 12 at a time and am on my feet doing heavy lifting...

• Karmaway 4

Bleeding after partial Hysterectomy....

Hi ladies, has anyone else experienced a small bleed after their partial hyst? I had my uterus removed and everything else left. I didn't bleed at all from the op but have nod on the day of my period had a very small bleed. Just a few spots! I emailed my consultant and she said this was normal and just...

• Glennie68 5

Post hysterectomy numbness

I am now into my 5th week of recovery - and doing OK. I had a large abdominal cut (bikini line) - and I know they will have cut some nerve tissue when they opened me up - but I have no feeling from just below my belly button to where I was cut for the whole length of the inscision. Does this feeling...

• e15416 1

Colpocleisis (Closure of the Vagina)

Hello My mother has opted for a Colpocleisis instead of a hysterectomy to fix her prolapse because of the simplicity of the procedure and quick recovery time. She's 60 years old and has had two previous major surgeries (her lung and large intestine). She recently told me that she would not be able to...

0 replies 1 vote Posted
  • cris1180 2

Hysterectomy after cervix removal

Hi! I'm 36 and was dignosed with cervical cancer in early stage. I had my cervix removed 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately, the doctor said that the womb has to be removed as well for safety reasons. He also said that he would perform an abdominal hysterectomy because laparoscopic intervention is not possible...

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • angeb777 2

Pain from vaginal hysterectomy with anterior and posterior repair.

I am wondering what pain is normal. I am 11 days out from vaginal hysterectomy with anterior and posterior repair. I have had constant pain in the three areas: urethra and bladder neck (the water balloon on the end of the catheter was brutally painful), the left peri-anal area, and my left hip flexor...

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Karmaway 4

Hysterectomy

Hi ladies! Can anyone recommend an app for tracking hormones rather than periods as obvs I'm not going to have any any more! I have a period app and guess I could just enter the info there somehow, say just put a period in even though I don't have one? What does everyone else do? Thanks x

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • sarahc75 2

Hysterectomy due to large ovarian cyst

I'm 41, never had children and am now facing a hysterectomy! Following months of pain, I was finally diagnosed with a large ovarian cyst and now require a full hysterectomy. Safe to say I am terrified. My pre-op is on 21st April and surgery on 27th. Can anyone offer any advice? Thank you x

21 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Glennie68 5

Painkillers post abdominal hysterectomy?

I am now into my 3rd week post total abdominal hysterectomy with ovary removal. I stopped taking the really strong painkillers about a week ago - and thought I was done needing to take anything. Found now I am getting very uncomfortable at the end of the day - my scar gets very twingey, I get swelly...

11 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Ashrose85 2

Can a hysterectomy help my severe cystitis

I've been having severe bladder issues aside the endometriosis. I've had several bladder detentions done for cystitis and 3 laps for endometriosis. Now my bladder is so painful and I have trouble peeing or have intense pain. I have been told the endo may be growing around or near my bladder. Has a hysterectomy...

11 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • christine079 1

7 weeks after hysterecomy

I had a abdominal hysterecomy. This is my 7th week after surgery. I feel better and came back to work on Tuesday but my hips and my stomach(from the top of my belly button down) is still swollen and sensitive. I had a c section cut. I'm just trying to see how long the swollen will last. I can't fir into...

8 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Karmaway 4

Laparospic Partial Hysterectomy....advice!

To all you ladies who are terrified or unsure about having a laparospic hysterectomy as I was! Please find some help in me saying it's the best decision I made! Everyone is different of course and everyone needs to make their own decision. Although I am only 1 week post op I can feel the benefit of having...

2 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • lyn82834 2

Post laparoscopic hysterectomy

I've just had a total hysterectomy - uterus, ovaries, tubes and cervix. I'm feeling great.  My gynaecologist has agreed to my continuing Estrofem.  I'm wondering what changes there will be to my body after withdrawal of progestogen.  I'm 66 and have been on HRT since 50.  Had endometrial thickeing which...

• Esmay 3

TAHBSO

Hi, I'm 49 yrs old and on 7th April I'm due "The works." I have two fibroids one about 8cm the other not far behind and have suffered with painful, heavy, prolonged periods for who knows how long. One problem I have is I'm not sure I want or need my ovaries removed. The consultant said they'd take them...

74 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Karmaway 4

I am ill and due to have a partial hysterectomy on Wednesday! Ugh!

So I've been waiting for over a year to get a sub total hysterectomy! Finally I have a date and now I go and get ill!! I've had a stinking cold and fever all last week plus had a uti which is now clear. I still had a slight temperature yesterday when at out of ours Drs. Has this happened to anyone else?...

• Glennie68 5

Hysterectomy soon - consultant changed?

Well I finally got to see my admission paperwork today for op on 21st April - after a chat to PALS - God knows what happened to the postal copy- I had the letter e-mailed to me. 1 thing stands out like a sore thumb - I now appear to have a totally different consultant doing my op. Has this happened to...

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • spina86 1

having hysterectomy in september but in pain

hi, ​my name is cassie and i have endometriosis, i am scheduled for surgery september 11 2017. the past few weeks i have been getting really sick. here are my symptoms: ​currently on cycle but severely heavy dibilitating cramping diarrhea weakness nausea/vomiting ​cant eat but starving dizziness extreme...

• Bellelouise 2

Infection/Fluid collection

Am in my 5th week post op tah and have been having pain and discomfort on right side. Thought it was me maybe id overdone it but went to gp yesterday and its either an infection behind scar or fluid collection. Am on antibiotics as first try, so giving them 48 hours but dont think they working. So looking...

4 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • reece92026 2

Multiply large fibroids and lots of small ones

As I deal with all the pains and problems of the many fibroids I have, I am realizing they could be to blame for a number of things. I have had severe pain in my belly button that is so painful I can not let my pants touch it. When I sit down the pressure on it is so intense I have to lean backward....

• lisa32810 2
Back to top Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.