11 Days Post TAH and Having Bowel Issues

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a TAH with removal of ovaries 11 days ago. My bowel movements have been difficult but I have been able to go everyday. Before the operation I would go once a day but since I have been going 3/4 times, sometimes quite small amounts and a bit difficult to pass but my last 2 bowel movements have been really liquid (sorry TMI). Has anyone experienced anything similar? Please help if you can. Thank you.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi lisa

im 3 weeks post tah with all removed. exactly same as me ! nurse said bowel will return to normal as with having major op it will slowly get back ?

I took dulcolax last night and never again ....pain horrendous and got the sweat of death on me !! so now I'm just waiting for it to go back to normal.

hope it helps x

• Posted

Thank you so much for replying. can I ask if you are having lots of uncomfortable swelling around your incision? My skin feels so tight. No one prepares us for the after affects of this do they 😔. xx

• Posted

I am 3 weeks post-op and having similar issues. Not going as often as pre-surgery, but when I have to go, I HAVE to go. Doctor says this is normal and should clear up on its own so 'fingers crossed'!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.