Adenomyosis. Please help me

Posted , 2 users are following.

Can anyone relate. I saw a consultant today who actually said you are in too much pain and discomfort for it to be your Adenomyosis! This is even with my scan showing nothing else but the presence of Adenomyosis. I am 49 yrs old this year and been on HRT for a while. My extreme pain problems have started well after starting HRT. Any advice?

He wants to stop my periods for 6 months to see if that helps even though i have pain at all times of the month.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi

I am 5 days post op hysterectomy due to Adenomyosis. I was only officially diagnosed in march. Following operation i had alot of endo present also which wasn't seen on anything until he done laparoscopy. Its impossible to rule out extent of pain and to know what is definitely going on unless physically see it. Prior to surgery i had prostrap injections which did help with my pain.

Hope you get things sorted soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.