Scar tissue causing bloating after hysterectomy 3 yrs ago?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have a slight dull pain on my left side that feels like a pull or a tug and I've been bloated for 2-3 months. Had an pelvic ultrasound about 5 months ago that was normal. I've heard scar tissue can cause this. Has anyone experienced this?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Edited

Hello, I'm 56, I had a full hysterectomy 2 years ago. Everything removed. I still have sensitive scar tissue and im still very swollen in lower pelvic area

and feel im much larger looking like im pregnant still! Also feel even after 2 years im still not 100% back to fitness yet. I wonder if when we have such major operations it just takes us a lot longer to recover than we were expecting. Apart from these type of forums we dont have a lot of info given to us on how this affects us long term afterwards. If you are still worried after all this virus scare maybe go to docs again? Have you been exercising, as this may help. Take care and Keep Safe x

• Posted

thank you Lynda. So your swelling never went away? Or did it come back after a while? It seems like mine started to pop up again about 6 months ago. I also have intestinal issues as well, so it’s hard to tell what it might be stemming from.

• Posted

Hi Lisa / Charcey I feel that I look just as large in the tummy area as I did before op. I had a very large cyst thats why I had hysterectomy. Ive had several ultrasounds since op also and cannot find anything wrong in pelvic are. Doc suggested its just fatty tissue but I dont seem to be able to lose it and it hinders my movement especially bending down. I've been exercising, walking and going on exercise bike as heard thats good for tummy muscles even just bought a bike to go out on. I just feel fed up about it! As like you I have been worried there was another cyst growing! But how can there be when ive got no uterus, fallopian tubes , overies or cervix?? very frustrating ladies. All the best with your prognosis x

• Posted

I am also experiencing similar issues after hysterectomy 5 yrs ago. I too look like i did when i had 20cm borerline tumor growing and get bloating and a tenderness down there.

I mentioned this to a new Dr I have started seeing when Iwent to get HRT prescription recently. She examined me, said she felt a fullness down there and arranged for me to get an ultrasound. This was meant to be last week and it was cancelled, so hoping it gets rescheduled once the coronavirus is over.

Im concerned a new tumor is growing as from what ive read, there appears to be 15-20% chance of recurrence....

Did your Dr just leave things as they are if ultrasound was normal, no further tests?

• Posted

They did. I spoke with them yesterday and asked them to order a pelvic ultrasound. Should be ordered tomorrow.

• Posted

Hi Lisa / Charcey I feel that I look just as large in the tummy area as I did before op. I had a very large cyst thats why I had hysterectomy. Ive had several ultrasounds since op also and cannot find anything wrong in pelvic are. Doc suggested its just fatty tissue but I dont seem to be able to lose it and it hinders my movement especially bending down. I've been exercising, walking and going on exercise bike as heard thats good for tummy muscles even just bought a bike to go out on. I just feel fed up about it! As like you I have been worried there was another cyst growing! But how can there be when ive got no uterus, fallopian tubes , overies or cervix?? very frustrating ladies. All the best with your prognosis x

• Posted

hi i am curious about a update on this. I had mine 5 years ago and feel very bloated and full from my scar tissue

• Posted

I did have ultrasound in summer 2020 which was clear. My GP told me I had IBS -I'd never suffered this before and 3 years on I still get days where i feel bloated with cramps....

I am reassured theres no tumor but all the surgery i had myst be to blame?

• Posted

Any updates ladies?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.