Has anyone suffered Pudendal Nerve Damage following a hysterectomy?

Posted , 5 users are following.

We live in New Zealand.  Our Daughter had a hysterectomy a year ago and soon after, had a 'sore' feeling.  It appears it may be pudendal nerve damage.  She's had a nerve block operation, which didn't work and is so low and depressed and in so much pain and is on a cocktail of medications for depression and anxiety.  Nothing seems to be helping her. Has anyone else suffered this problem and if so, please let us know if you've found a cure or at least relief.  We are so worried about her.  Thank you for reading this.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi there. I had a sub total failed laparoscopic abdominal hysterectomy to my last April.I ended up in intensive care quite poorly as my bladder was fused to my cervix.

I had too many abdominal adhesions and was in theatre most of the day.I have been left with severe lower back pain and chronic pelvic pain. I have had a puedenal.nerve block to no avail. I have had a couple of other blocks also that were unsuccessful.As I kept my ovaries I have been told to have a injection to stop my ovaries working that might help with the pain. I'm against this as I do not wish to go through a medical menopause and have more symptoms.

I have been left on antidepressants and many pain reliving medications. I am in constant pain and I really do not see a light at the end of the tunnel.

• Posted

Hi.  I'm so sorry you've suffered too.  My Daughter is on medication for depression and has had a failed block.  She is at her wit's end like you.  We don't know what way to turn either, but if we do find something, we'll certainly be in touch.  Best foot forward, chin up.

• Posted

Thank you for your concern.  Wishing your daughter better really soon too.  Likewise, if we find a cure, we'll let you know too.  We live in New Zealand. xx

• Posted

Thank you for your reply.I hope she finds relief as do I. I will let you know if I have any breakthroughs.
    • Posted

So sorry you'e been suffering too.  I do hope you and our Daughter find relief, sooner rather than later.  chin up.  xx

• Posted

What part of NZ are you in? Anil Sharma who consults next to Ascot Hospital in Auckland is really great. Was your Daughter done public or privately? Are some of her problems due to surgically induced menopause?
    • Posted

Hi there Robyn!  We live in Whangarei, Northlands.  The hysterectomy was done at the local hospital publically.  Her problems are due to nerve damage during the operation.  Our daughter is having a battle on her hands with ACC., but we're hoping they'll come to the party eventually, as she's had a lot of treatment privately too and also an MRI scan and blocks.  As if being in pain for over a year isn't bad enough, she's got this fight on her hands too, poor little mite.  Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to me, I'll let her know about Anil Sharma.  Have a safe day. x

• Posted

Hi Chris,

I am very sorry to hear about your daughter and her very debilitating nerve damage and consequence nerve pain from a Hysterectomy . I realize it was now 5 years ago. I hope she is a lot better now .

I have had the same - pudendal nerve damage and consequence debilitating pain from a Laparoscopic Hysterectomy performed Nov 2021 . I am also having a battle with ACC.

Can you tell me did you eventually have success with ACC ?

Did you have consultations with Dr Anil Sharma ? and was he helpful ?

Kind Regards

Jo

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.