Hysterectomy 18months ago, recurring thrush?

Posted , 1 user is following.

i have had everything removed apart from my ovaries.

Recently over the past two months I've been having alot going on down there, irritating, stinging but no pain with going to toilet or anything and some discharge, ranging from very thick smooth white to thinner and more liquid like, no smell. I've had two swabs over the past two months, one come back saying a small amount of candida found, second said nothing grew.. however still having the unpleasant symptoms, pretty sure it's Thrush still, do have Dr's booked this week. but just wanted to know if anyone else who's had a hysterectomy.. experienced anything similar?

I just can't figure out what could be causing it, as online gives examples but I don't fit within those reasons. Other than I had a small course of antibiotics about A week or so before the first swab, but dont explain it recurring again? also if anyone has any suggestions for treatment as Dr's 1 tablet trick obviously hasn't worked, and would love to feel 'normal' down there now! TIA xx

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.