Hysterectomy 7 weeks on

Posted , 1 user is following.

I'm hoping for some advice if possible please?

I had a laparoscopic hysterectomy on 19th August & it has been a bit of a Rocky road.

My discharge paperwork after the op stated both ovaries had been removed. However, having had a scan on 3rd September both ovaries were present & i had ovulated.

Two weeks ago, I had to break the news to my GP who was somewhat shocked & in turn contacted the hospital. It was confirmed that both ovaries are still there.

I'm still experiencing discomfort 7 weeks on. Both sides of my pelvis & centrally around my navel.

To be honest, I don't know what to do with myself. I'm currently unable to control my emotions, maintain a sleep balance & my bowel movements haven't returned to normal going from one extreme to the other with no in between.

I have a blood test booked for 20th as my GP wants to check the functionality of my ovaries.

I went out for the first time Saturday night to try & improve my mental health which has dipped. However, yesterday paid the price by experiencing pain yesterday & feeling so drained.

I am due to go back to work tomorrow. But honestly don't know what to do.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.