Jaw pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Have been having jaw pain for a couple of months now, sometimes worse than others, today have been particularly bad. I think it is TMJ and have been googling whether there is a link between it and hormones, seems there might be. Has anyone else had this trouble and did you find any solutions? Thanks lovely ladies.

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ruth I sympathise with you I had a hysterectomy 12yrs ago and over the past 5yrs I have had sinus bad peridontil and know what I think is Tmj had a gum guard fitted by the dentist it has helped and taking magnesium to help relax at night so I'm not waking up with clenched teeth, I'm seeing a consultant 2nd fed at hospital not sure but Def think it's hormonal I'm also on a load of vitimans and juicing green every morning. Feeling a little better but head Herts teeth hurt and ears neck and shoulders. Good luck Ruth hope all gets better for you.

• Posted

Yes Ruth and one of the things that at first returned with a vengeance first month on HRT and has now gone 10 th week in.
  • Posted

Hi Ruth, I have TMJ as well. It was bothering during peri. I had bought a night guard, had one fitted for me and honestly, I can't sleep with anything in my mouth. So next best option was to take a cork from a wine bottle, put it between your front teeth and holdĀ  it like that for about 10 minutes. It loosens the jaw, and helps alleviate the pain. In the beginning I did it 3 times after a few minutes for a told of 30 minutes. I did it for about a month, and it all went away. Maybe try it and see if it works for you, it's easy and free. Also, a doctor recommended it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.