Joint Pain after Unilateral Oophorectomy?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Ive been going through quite a nightmare dealing with 2 ovarian cysts. Took a misdiagnosis from my pcp who said it was just constipation, 3 days later an er trip where they figured it out but wouldnt do anything until it was in torsion (and then deemed am emergency worthy thing) but referred me to my gyno and recommended surgery, 2 days later a gyno visit where she said its fine and itll go away on its own cause she didnt like doing surgery, and 3 days after that another trip to the er for them to send me to emergency surgery for ovarian torsion. They removed my right ovary after discovering that the grapefruit-sized cyst (that was completely blocking off my organs and keeping me from being able to go to the bathroom at all, and keeping me from eating or drinking because Id just throw it up soon after) was infact in torsion, and per the er surgeon had been for so long that my ovary was completely necrotic. They left the cyst on the other side, and Ive been feeling horrible ever since. I just hit 2 weeks out from surgery and along with extreme stomach cramps, difficulty going to the bathroom still, and my main incision splitting and becoming mildly infected (which my gyno said isnt, but sure seems that way due to the redness around it, pain it causes me, and extreme foaming when I have to clean it with peroxide), Im experiencing daily headaches and body pain that I have difficulty describing. I want to say its joint pain, but I dont know? it wakes me up at night and its agony. Its not a screaming outloud crying pain, but its like a screaming bloody murder inside my head. Like my body is on fire but its not. Its not stabbing, but its not dull. Ive thought and thought about it and the best I can come up with is like my body is trying to tear itself apart from the inside. Its in my shoulders and neck, my hands and feet, my elbows, my arms.. It moves around. Last night it was just my right arm at my shoulder joint, tonight it is both shoulders and my neck. I feel nauseous and weird, and its absolutely horrible.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Its absolutely agonizing, Im so tired and I cannot sleep, or if I do its only for a few hours before this bizarre nightmare wakes me up. Its only happening at night, and its miserable to still be in extreme pain. Im switching drs and hospitals this week after everything Ive been through but I just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this or if Ive just got a body that hates me.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi I'm sorry to hear that! I have a 36x30x12 cm cyst left ovary and tube removed 3 weeks ago I've had period pain for 2 weeks without having a period and I too get the burning inside I dont know if it's normal but it's awful unbearable even, and I'm also back to urinating all the time but half the time theres nothing there but my body need to do it it's so frustrating!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.